• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You've Gotta Be...Mother Fuckin'...Kidding Me.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm sure "Williams College" immediately plops into the heads of people looking to get into a "good school", first and foremost

it does if you research.

its the oldest school in the country i believe.

No, you're confusing Williams College (in Massachusetts) with the College of William & Mary (in Virginia), which was founded in 1693, a hundred years before Williams College was founded in 1793. William & Mary, not Williams, is the one that even comes close to a claim of oldest, being the second-oldest college in America after Harvard, founded in 1636.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you're confusing Williams College (in Massachusetts) with the College of William & Mary (in Virginia), which was founded in 1693, a hundred years before Williams College was founded in 1793. William & Mary, not Williams, is the one that even comes close to a claim of oldest, being the second-oldest college in America after Harvard, founded in 1636.
yea but those are real colleges so dont count:suds:

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what I don't get, how much more insight can Harrison give that the Patriots don't already have?

After all this team has beaten this same defense plenty of times in the past 15 or so year.s

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This shows you haven't a fucking clue.

I'm calling it right now. If he signs with them, he will play on less than 10% of the defensive snaps of any game in which he's active, ESPECIALLY against Pittsburgh of they play them again
Yeah I mean there's a reason he fell to inactive on the depth chart. At this point Anthony freaking Chickillo is better and Moats offered more versatility.

That's not to say Harrison is done, but everyone's acting like New England is getting the 2008 version.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what I don't get, how much more insight can Harrison give that the Patriots don't already have?

After all this team has beaten this same defense plenty of times in the past 15 or so year.s

I really don't think this was a primary reason why they signed him. Although it doesn't hurt.

They signed him because the Pats biggest weakness is an edge pass rusher.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, we've been foolishly putting Harrison on the inactives list for practically the entire season. The dude can still play for about 2-3 more years. I don't see any reason why we let him go.
This is really terrible

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't think this was a primary reason why they signed him. Although it doesn't hurt.

They signed him because the Pats biggest weakness is an edge pass rusher.
I think it was also to mess with the Steelers. It's hard to say how much he's got left against guys not named Eric Fisher (which he might face, actually) but it's worth a try.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calm Down, guys that go to New England usually die a football death
Honestly, you're not wrong. A lot of "name" players have gone there at the end of their careers and not done much.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, you're not wrong. A lot of "name" players have gone there at the end of their careers and not done much.

The last guy the Steelers gave them (Blount) won a couple of SB rings.

Btw... I figured you would recognize where I stole my avatar from.

In all seriousness, you're right. He's not the 2008 version and the Steelers have lots of depth at that position but sadly he's an upgrade at that position on the current pats roster

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, we've been foolishly putting Harrison on the inactives list for practically the entire season. The dude can still play for about 2-3 more years.
I don't see any reason why we let him go.[/QUOTE]

It's part of the League-wide conspiracy to get Brady another SB ring - and Pittsburgh signed onto it!!!!!

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last guy the Steelers gave them (Blount) won a couple of SB rings.

Btw... I figured you would recognize where I stole my avatar from.

In all seriousness, you're right. He's not the 2008 version and the Steelers have lots of depth at that position but sadly he's an upgrade at that position on the current pats roster
lol I was thinking about that.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This shows you haven't a fucking clue.

I'm calling it right now. If he signs with them, he will play on less than 10% of the defensive snaps of any game in which he's active, ESPECIALLY against Pittsburgh of they play them again

You sound so bitter!!!!!

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really though here's what this boils down to:

Harrison didn't have much left to offer the Steelers and if they thought New England picking him up and burning them was a real threat they would've kept him.
New England isn't a bunch of geniuses for picking up a 39-year-old cast-off, but it's prudent to see if he can still offer anything for nothing. Getting in the heads of your top competition is a nice bonus.
Harrison isn't a snake for leaving. He was cut, and he went to the place that gave him the best chance to win and play. So what if he wants to stick it to the Steelers. I feel like most people in that situation would as well.