• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your top 10 coaches in the country

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban is still better than Swinney without a doubt in my mind.

Saban lost by 5 and put up 40 on LSU. Clemson got clobbered. Facts.
I would put Saban ahead of Dabo too, but not based on one game. Your ass is still salty. Facts.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when you go through 4 or 5 coaches hoping for that same thing, what do you get? You end up like Michigan or Nebraska.

A great coach can win without the best athletes.
Eh, I don't care about winning divisions and occasional conferences. If you're not nationally relevant, who cares.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win ANYTHING this century and then get back to us. Until then, Minnesota is just a has been,

I'd rather be a has been than a never been.

And I'd say Fleck going 11-2 with an offense made up mostly of Underclassmen might just win something this century.

We've won our last 4 bowl games. Oregon has only won 4 bowl games in it's entire history. UMn's done that in just the last 5 seasons. Only season they didn't get to a bowl game was Fleck's 1st, very understandable, I'd say.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win ANYTHING this century and then get back to us. Until then, Minnesota is just a has been,

And I'd say Fleck going 11-2 with an offense made up mostly of Underclassmen might just win something this century.

We've won our last 4 bowl games. Oregon has only won 4 bowl games in it's entire history. UMn's done that in just the last 5 seasons. Only season they didn't get to a bowl game was Fleck's 1st, very understandable, I'd say.

Winsipedia - Minnesota Golden Gophers vs. Oregon Ducks football series history

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure if you are being serious right now...Minnesota has 9 bowl wins in its entire history....Oregon has 15 bowl wins.

Rose Bowl wins: Oregon - 4 , Minnesota - 1

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I don't care about winning divisions and occasional conferences. If you're not nationally relevant, who cares.

Apparently Michigan fans and Notre Dame fans care. So do all of the little schools who think it's bad ass to beat up on creampuffs.

I mean, I DO actually agree with you, I just am realistic enough to know that most schools don't do what LSU did from last year to this year.

Most schools have to win the Division Titles and Conf Titles first. Maybe OSU is an exception? I mean, they win all the Natl Titles these days, right?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We already covered that. Try to keep up.
Apparently somehow Oregon has only won 4 bowl games ever yet somehow has a better bowl winning percentage than a team that has won their last 4 bowl games.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently somehow Oregon has only won 4 bowl games ever yet somehow has a better bowl winning percentage than a team that has won their last 4 bowl games.

Yeah, I have no idea where fred got the idea that Oregon has only won 4 bowl games. Oregon has won more bowl games since 2000 (10) than Minnesota has won in the history of its program (9).

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Michigan fans and Notre Dame fans care. So do all of the little schools who think it's bad ass to beat up on creampuffs.

I mean, I DO actually agree with you, I just am realistic enough to know that most schools don't do what LSU did from last year to this year.

Most schools have to win the Division Titles and Conf Titles first. Maybe OSU is an exception? I mean, they win all the Natl Titles these days, right?
We're in the conversation almost every year, which is more than all but a few teams can claim.

And yeah, this year, like any year we don't win, was a bit of a disappointment.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you are being serious right now...Minnesota has 9 bowl wins in its entire history....Oregon has 15 bowl wins.

Rose Bowl wins: Oregon - 4 , Minnesota - 1

Oops, was looking at the wrong list. Didn't read the paragraph above the list that said it was just a partial list of the most recent bowl games.

I was wondering, tbh, I mean, I figured Oregon was a little better than that, lol.

Now you do understand that the Big Ten didn't allow teams to even go to bowl games for a very long time, and if they did go, it had to be the Rose Bowl.

You do understand this, right?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I have no idea where fred got the idea that Oregon has only won 4 bowl games. Oregon has won more bowl games since 2000 (10) than Minnesota has won in the history of its program (9).

Yeah, and almost every team with a pulse goes to bowl games now in the 21st Century.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops, was looking at the wrong list. Didn't read the paragraph above the list that said it was just a partial list of the most recent bowl games.

I was wondering, tbh, I mean, I figured Oregon was a little better than that, lol.

Now you do understand that the Big Ten didn't allow teams to even go to bowl games for a very long time, and if they did go, it had to be the Rose Bowl.

Not for the past 40+ years

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota has more Natl Titles than Oregon has Top Ten AP EOS finishes.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great...did the BigTen still prevent Minnesota from going to a bowl from 1975-1998? I only see 3 bowls for Minny in that time frame.

None of your garbage about B1G excuses explains why Oregon has more bowl wins since 2000 than Minnesota has ALL TIME.