• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your top 10 coaches in the country

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't part of being a college coach recruiting?

Yeah? What's your point?

Fleck's recruiting has steadily gotten better every year of his career. In 6 years he's had a 13 and an 11 win season already.

It took Saban 8 years to win more than 9 games.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if you want to go back into the 20th Century, then this

UMn = 6-10 Natl Titles
Oreg = 0-0 Natl Titles, lol.

You'd have to go back to the 20th century to find the last time Minny won a big bowl.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't part of being a college coach recruiting?
Probably the biggest part IMO. I heard a statement from the new Arkie coach. When asked about the staff he is assembling he said something like we have to have good assistant coaches but they are going to have to recruit our way to the top. If they can coach and can't recruit top notch talent, we won't make it.

Reactions: gob

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the biggest part IMO. I heard a statement from the new Arkie coach. When asked about the staff he is assembling he said something like we have to have good assistant coaches but they are going to have to recruit our way to the top. If they can coach and can't recruit top notch talent, we won't make it.

Well, I'd take the great coach who isn't the great recruiter over the great recruiter who isn't a very good coach everyday of the week. For one, a great coach can develop and coach up players and get the most out of them, and that combined with his great coaching skills, he can win DESPITE not having the best recruits, and his winning will do alot of the recruiting for him, whereas the crappy coach who constantly CONS recruits into coming and playing for him, and then continues to disappoint, well, recruits will eventually figure this out and won't want to play for him anymore.

Now I happen to think that Coach Fleck is both a great coach and at least a pretty good recruiter, and his recruiting capabilities will continue to improve as long as he's winning the games he's supposed to and a few that he wasn't supposed to.

Since UMn got their new DC midway through last year, they have gone 15-3, with 2 losses to the last 2 West Div Champs and then our border rival Iowa. Wins include a win over Wisconsin, a bowl win over Georgia Tech, a win over the Auburn team that beat both Bama and Oregon, and then of course, Top Ten ranked Penn St. And they outscored those 15 opponents, for the most part, by large margins, with 2 of the losses being close contests, all with a very young offense, most of whom were just Sophmores this season.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they've won 3 Rose Bowls just in the last decade...

Well good for them. They are catching up. Not much, but, it all helps.

When the Gopher's have more Natl Titles than Oregon has players in the cfb Hall of Fame, well, you all got a long ways to go. And now with Fleck on board, well, maybe their catchup time is done?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well good for them. They are catching up. Not much, but, it all helps.

When the Gopher's have more Natl Titles than Oregon has players in the cfb Hall of Fame, well, you all got a long ways to go. And now with Fleck on board, well, maybe their catchup time is done?

No one cares about leather helmets. Win a game of consequence this century then get back to us.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'd take the great coach who isn't the great recruiter over the great recruiter who isn't a very good coach everyday of the week. For one, a great coach can develop and coach up players and get the most out of them, and that combined with his great coaching skills, he can win DESPITE not having the best recruits, and his winning will do alot of the recruiting for him, whereas the crappy coach who constantly CONS recruits into coming and playing for him, and then continues to disappoint, well, recruits will eventually figure this out and won't want to play for him anymore.

Now I happen to think that Coach Fleck is both a great coach and at least a pretty good recruiter, and his recruiting capabilities will continue to improve as long as he's winning the games he's supposed to and a few that he wasn't supposed to.

Since UMn got their new DC midway through last year, they have gone 15-3, with 2 losses to the last 2 West Div Champs and then our border rival Iowa. Wins include a win over Wisconsin, a bowl win over Georgia Tech, a win over the Auburn team that beat both Bama and Oregon, and then of course, Top Ten ranked Penn St. And they outscored those 15 opponents, for the most part, by large margins, with 2 of the losses being close contests, all with a very young offense, most of whom were just Sophmores this season.
Nope. Rather have the great recruiter, bad coach than the bad recruiter, great coach. The great coach who can't recruit will stick with your team for a decade with nothing to show for it. The great recruiter will be fired in a few years, and leave great recruits for the next guy who can hopefully coach them to their potential.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fleck is gonna murder people eventually.

Like actually kill folks, not in a game, commit murder.

He is not alright and I'm glad he won't be doin the murdering in Kalamazoo. We have Uber drivers for that.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Rather have the great recruiter, bad coach than the bad recruiter, great coach. The great coach who can't recruit will stick with your team for a decade with nothing to show for it. The great recruiter will be fired in a few years, and leave great recruits for the next guy who can hopefully coach them to their potential.

And when you go through 4 or 5 coaches hoping for that same thing, what do you get? You end up like Michigan or Nebraska.

A great coach can win without the best athletes.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Sam Pittman will be a major fail as a head coach. I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if Arkansas is just as bad off when he leaves as they are now(it's not possible to leave them worse off.)

He is a great recruiter, one of the best recruiters in the country during his time at UGA, but his o-line that has been 3 deep with 5 star and high 4 star recruits always seemed to underperform in the interior. The tackles have always been top notch, but the guard play left a lot to be desired given the recruits at his disposal.

I'm genuinely excited to see what Matt Luke can do with Pittman's recruits.