• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Teams Biggest Surprise In Camp Thus Far

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Cards, I would have to say John Brown, WR out of Pittsburg State. Dude has blazing speed. I was at their practice on Monday and he was definitely the stand out player. He was torching the secondary all day. Hopefully that carries over to when it counts. Time will tell, but thus far I like what I see.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Broncos I would say it is one player on offense and one on defense. The rookie Cody Latimer has been turning heads at Broncos camp. Most thought he would sit most of the year while learning the offense then come on as the #2 receiver next year. He is pushing for playing time this year and maybe even for that #2 spot before the season even starts. Essentially he is catching everything thrown at him and nobody even Talib has been able to cover him one-on-one.

On defense the surprise guy is Marvin Austin. Might remember him from a couple of years ago when he was taken in the 2nd round but has dealt with injury issues for the past 2 years. So far in camp they say he is unblockable one-on-one and has actually the last 2 practices already playing with the #1 defense. Broncos brought him in more as a camp body but he is pushing for some major playing time.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Niners, I would say one on offense and three on defense.

Offensively, I would say Hyde has been drawing some praise for his efforts.

Defensively, our 2013 2nd rd pick DE Tank Carradine was said to have put Pro Bowl G Mike Iupati on his ass several times in one on one pass rushing drills. This is exciting to Niner fans because we believe him to be the heir apparent to Justin Smith.

Also, this year's 1st, NB Jimmy Ward, has been said to have a nose for the ball and is a playmaker.

Lastly, last year's 5th, DE/NT 6'5" 320 lb Quintin Dial, has been turning some heads with his high motor and strength in pass rushing drills as well as bringing some Alabama D swagger with him.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team hunger and desire. There will be no resting for this team. The players are the 1st to say all teams are at zero at this point.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Niners, I would say one on offense and three on defense.

Offensively, I would say Hyde has been drawing some praise for his efforts.

Defensively, our 2013 2nd rd pick DE Tank Carradine was said to have put Pro Bowl G Mike Iupati on his ass several times in one on one pass rushing drills. This is exciting to Niner fans because we believe him to be the heir apparent to Justin Smith.

Also, this year's 1st, NB Jimmy Ward, has been said to have a nose for the ball and is a playmaker.

Lastly, last year's 5th, DE/NT 6'5" 320 lb Quintin Dial, has been turning some heads with his high motor and strength in pass rushing drills as well as bringing some Alabama D swagger with him.

He was my #1 hope for the Ravens in the draft. Elam/Ward would have made an outstanding S combo for years to come.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dri Archer. Dude is so fast.

Shaquille Richardson looks like he's going to earn a spot as a backup DB, and special teams.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Broncos I would say it is one player on offense and one on defense. The rookie Cody Latimer has been turning heads at Broncos camp. Most thought he would sit most of the year while learning the offense then come on as the #2 receiver next year. He is pushing for playing time this year and maybe even for that #2 spot before the season even starts. Essentially he is catching everything thrown at him and nobody even Talib has been able to cover him one-on-one.

On defense the surprise guy is Marvin Austin. Might remember him from a couple of years ago when he was taken in the 2nd round but has dealt with injury issues for the past 2 years. So far in camp they say he is unblockable one-on-one and has actually the last 2 practices already playing with the #1 defense. Broncos brought him in more as a camp body but he is pushing for some major playing time.

I've also read some favorable reports on Latimer and Austin. Same with DE Quanterus Smith and S Quinton Carter, two guys who missed all of last season.

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Panthers I'd go with Brenton Bersin, WR. Carolina brought him in in 2012 as a UDFA out of Wofford College and he was cut early. They brought him back in 2013 and he made the practice squad. This year he might make the team. 6'3" 210lb, has good hands and is an excellent downfield blocker. Antoine Cason has said he is a real diamond in the rough.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Cowboys.
Matt Johnson pulling a Hammy. I mean this guy is an ironman so the injury was shocking!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really a big surprise but Ryan Shazier… He is faster than advertised. And so is Dri Archer. They make everyone look as though they are running in quicksand.

Also Stephon Tuitt… He's probably going to go down as the biggest steal in the 2nd round. He has the size and technique to start on any NFL team. He has been beating some of our best O-lineman (might not be saying much lol).

Dan McCullers… Bigger than big. The kid is mother effin gigantic. 6'7" 352… He has already shown some dominance on the 1st team O-lineman. If this kid can master his technique, he is going to be a huge problem for offensive lineman.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Chargers, biggest surprise is Malcolm Floyd. I mean, it looked like he almost died last year with that horrific neck injury. I thought there was a really strong chance at least he would retire. Finally, if by some miracle he did come back I thought he would be a shell of his former self.

Instead he's back, and killing it in camp. Good for him!

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No real surprises for me.

Arian Foster showing his lack of heart might be surprising some people but I already knew that about him.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No real surprises for me.

Arian Foster showing his lack of heart might be surprising some people but I already knew that about him.

I thought he was just trying to be a better teammate? Arian Foster :L

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dri Archer. Dude is so fast.

Shaquille Richardson looks like he's going to earn a spot as a backup DB, and special teams.

think the biggest news from steelers camp is that ryan shazier is really good........been all over the place and blowing people up.

Also the McCullers is a bit raw, but has amazing potential and is showing glimpses of it......

Martavius Bryany needs to do something to show he can play in the nfl

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Bears, I would say Christian Jones. He is an undrafted free agent who has made the second team roster by the time camp started. He continues to turn heads.

If the Bears are smart they will keep him on the active roster.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach Fulton 316 pound lineman looks like he is going to make a very strong case for the RG job so far as a 2014 6th round pick out of Tennessee, early on anyway.

Andy Reid himself was somewhat surprised at the progress from Fulton. Would be a welcome presence on a sketchy O-line that lost some depth and two starting spots this offseason. I was quite surprised and grabbed my attention immediately the day I want to camp in St Joseph when I saw Fulton in person.

"He's showed us that, probably a little better than we anticipated when we picked him. He's come in very intelligent and tough." - Andy Reid on Zach Fulton

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowie getting his ass cut for coming into camp out of shape. Not good news, but surely the biggest surprise.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin Mayhew. Everyone is still surprised he has a job.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowie getting his ass cut for coming into camp out of shape. Not good news, but surely the biggest surprise.

Really? Dude had a legit shot to start...he came into camp in Andre Smith shape, huh? Idiot...