• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your NFL Mock Draft

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am confident the Browns went into the 2017 draft with a plan to tank and get the top pick in a QB heavy draft in 2018. Question is did they take the right one. As of now looks like Jackson, but I'm not so sure yet it isn't Baker.

And, sure, with hindsight, obviously the better choice was just take Mahomes (or Watson). But no one had either going #1 that I recall. Could have taken Watson at 12, of course. Looks like they failed but we'll see.

No doubt teams will tank for a QB...but it doesn't always work. Just take this past yr as an example...MIA went into the season with a clear objective of tanking for Tua...Burrow was not yet on anyone's radar.

After all 16 were played MIA has three 1st round picks but did not end up with the worse record...ironically they could still end up with Tua, but now he's not the biggest prize.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think in this scenario Browns would take Simmons, Wirfs or maybe even Brown over Beckton....but who knows?

Yeah you would think. If the Browns take Becton...I give up

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt teams will tank for a QB...but it doesn't always work. Just take this past yr as an example...MIA went into the season with a clear objective of tanking for Tua...Burrow was not yet on anyone's radar.

After all 16 were played MIA has three 1st round picks but did not end up with the worse record...ironically they could still end up with Tua, but now he's not the biggest prize.
Problem here was they did not properly tank. If Burrow is a star they might regret winning a few extra meaningless games.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedly, I wouldn't give up without seeing it play out.

If Thomas was available and they pick Becton...I will be sad. That's all

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers also have a history of maybe not caring as much about injuries. Keenan Allen comes to mind but I'm sure there are other players I'm blanking on.

The one thing that bothers me about the Chargers is that they traded away their LT for a G. To me, that signals that they are drafting a LT and not a QB. Getting rid of Rivers, however, signals that they are getting a QB. I think they could go either way and the Chargers can single handedly blow up every mock draft.

The Chargers very quickly went from SB contender in '18 to a top 10 drafting team. At some point they had to move on from Rivers so now....moving into a new digs...To me the Chargers need the boost of a fresh young QB to get fans excited about the rebuild. I think they will go QB...if they have a strong feeling about one guy...I can see them trading up even.

My gut says they stay at 6 and take the QB that MIA leaves on the board.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 3.0 - FINAL MOCK w/ trades

1. Bengals - Joe Burrow
2. Redskins - Chase Young
3. Lions - Jeffrey Okudah - I think the Lions stay put after being enticed to trade down. The offers aren't good enough and they have a clear need with CB.
4. Giants - Tristan Wirfs
5. Dolphins - Tua Tagovailoa
6. *Jaguars - Isaiah Simmons - first trade here. The Jags get the 6th overall pick and they grab Simmons. They give up Ngagkoue and the 9th. Other picks are involved in this deal as well.
7. Panthers - Derrick Brown
8. Cardinals - Jedrick Wills
9. *Chargers - Jordan Love - so the Chargers get another pass rusher opposite of Bosa and they get their QB of the future.
10. *Broncos - Jerry Jeudy - The Broncos give up a 3rd and 4th to the Browns for a desperately needed WR and the #1 WR OTB.
11. Jets - Andrew Thomas
12. Raiders - Ceedee Lamb
13. 49ers - Henry Ruggs
14. Bucs - Mehki Becton
15. Browns - Javon Kinlaw - so the Browns trade back and get a 3rd and 4th. So they now have 3 3rds but they do trade for Trent Williams and give up 2 of these 3 3rd's. This is a pick is strictly BPA and give them depth in the middle.
16. Falcons - C.J. Henderson
17. Cowboys - Kristian Fulton
18. Dolphins - Xavier McKinney
19. Raiders - Kenneth Murray
20. Jags - Justin Herbert - they already got Simmons now they get a QB to compete with Minshew who needs some development.
21. Eagles - Justin Jefferson
22. Vikings - Denzel Mims
23. Patriots - A.J. Espenesa
24. Saints - Patrick Queen
25. Vikings - Trevon Diggs
26. Dolphins - DeAndre Swift
27. *Bengals - Josh Jones - the Bengals give up their 33, 107, 147 for the 27th from Seattle. They get their OT to protect Joe Burrow.
28. Ravens - Yetur Gross-Matos
29. Titans - Russ Blaylock
30. Packers - Tee Higgins
31. 49ers - K'Lavon Chaisson - I'm not sure how he falls to the 49ers but he does.
32 - Chiefs - A.J. Terrell
I love Javon Kinlaw. I think this would be a HR for the Browns. Giving up a couple thirds for Trent Williams could truly be a steal if he is even 90% healthy. I still won't mind them grabbing another tackle later in the draft though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Javon Kinlaw. I think this would be a HR for the Browns. Giving up a couple thirds for Trent Williams could truly be a steal if he is even 90% healthy. I still won't mind them grabbing another tackle later in the draft though.

I think if they do trade back it will be either bc their OT's are off the board or they have a trade in place for Trent. Also, going by Berry's comments I think he will take BPA...whether that is an OT, Kinlaw, LB, etc....shit if Jeudy is OTB why not even though there are bigger needs.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if they do trade back it will be either bc their OT's are off the board or they have a trade in place for Trent. Also, going by Berry's comments I think he will take BPA...whether that is an OT, Kinlaw, LB, etc....shit if Jeudy is OTB why not even though there are bigger needs.
If they trade back to 15 and the top OTs are gone, I'm looking at Xavier McKinney. I'd like to see them take a couple safeties in this draft, so he'd be an awesome 1st rounder IMO. However, if it wound up being Kinlaw, I'd be thrilled. I think he's going to be an absolute beast in the NFL.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they trade back to 15 and the top OTs are gone, I'm looking at Xavier McKinney. I'd like to see them take a couple safeties in this draft, so he'd be an awesome 1st rounder IMO. However, if it wound up being Kinlaw, I'd be thrilled. I think he's going to be an absolute beast in the NFL.

Yeah McKinney is a very nice option as well. The more I think about it the more I don't want them to get Delpit in the 2nd. He has tackling issues, last thing we need is him and Greedy on the field together lol

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep thinking that too but we are talking about the Miami Dolphins. But I will say I wont be surprised if he drops now, I just dont think he gets past #12. I feel like the Raiders would pull the trigger if a QB slides. I am kinda getting the feeling both the Chargers and Phins like Herbert more but it is hard to tell with all the conflicting rumors. Nothing will be a surprise at this point
Yeah I think Chargers/Dolphins will probably go with Herbert. Idk about Raiders at #12, adding someone like Ruggs or CD Lamb would huge to a team that's already ok at QB.
Maybe the Jaguars will take him

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think Chargers/Dolphins will probably go with Herbert. Idk about Raiders at #12, adding someone like Ruggs or CD Lamb would huge to a team that's already ok at QB.
Maybe the Jaguars will take him

In most of my mocks I had Tua-Herbert both in the top 6 but it seems like there is a QB that seems to fall every year. I think one drops and I think it might be Herbert now...which I would agree with bc he isn't in my top 20 tbh. Tua is a risk but I think he goes top 6. I still feel like I have no idea how this draft will go...which is fun.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the Chargers trading up in my 1st mock. Do you think the Chargers are all-in on Tua? The more I think about it I think the Chargers either take the best available player or even trade back.

And for my opinion on the QB's. I think Herbert is sliding big time, I think Jordan Love could go top 10. I also think the buzz about Tua is bs. He will go top 5.
Haven't thought of that, teams like NE could just be throwing smoke out there just for them to trade up and grab Tua :think:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem here was they did not properly tank. If Burrow is a star they might regret winning a few extra meaningless games.

Teams (front offices) tank...players don't....most need the best tape they can put out there.

I tend to agree though...they were obviously not playing for anything so winning week 17 vs NE with Fitz was not a tank move even though losing that one would've been too little too late anyway.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't thought of that, teams like NE could just be throwing smoke out there just for them to trade up and grab Tua :think:

I mean I have heard from the "experts" Herbert will go to Miami at 5. I've heard other "experts" say he will be the QB that slides. Heard Tua will go top 6 in most mocks and by most experts, even as high as 3. Also heard Tua could drop but hearing less of that.

What I think?

The injuries concerns are the major concerns for Tua. That video he sent helps some. I think teams that want him are creating a smoke screen.

Quite a few teams think Herbert is overrated and I think he is as well.

I think Tua and Herbert are both overrated tbh but Herbert is vastly overrated.

The Chargers believe in Tyrod Taylor so I don't think they are desperate to get a right now starting QB. They could take one later in the draft.

The Dolphins I believe ARE looking for a right now starting QB.

Other teams that could take a QB: Jacksonville, Detroit and Indy.
Maybe Oakland but they seem to think Carr is still the guy.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams (front offices) tank...players don't....most need the best tape they can put out there.

I tend to agree though...they were obviously not playing for anything so winning week 17 vs NE with Fitz was not a tank move even though losing that one would've been too little too late anyway.
agree when on the field no one tries to lose. Easy solution. Play Rosen more. Could simply say they had to see what they had....and the losses would pile up.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing some GM's think Simmons is overrated, I see you have him at 15. I can definitely see him sliding but not sure he will to 15. That would be crazy though. I do like how you mixed it up though....I don't think the nfl draft will look anything close to the mocks
I dont think Simmons even comes close to 15. Some team will trade up for him if he starts to fall.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It still might to be too early and I'm sure our opinions will change over these long 10 days but lets see your 1st round predictions.

I'm going off the limb on this one. I only included my trade prediction in the top 10 but I think there will be quite a few more in the 1st. I think the Broncos, 49ers and even Cowboys could all be in play to trade up.

1. Bengals - Joe Burrow
2. Redskins - Chase Young
3. Chargers - Tua Tagovailoa - Chargers trade up and put their future into Tua's hands.
4. Giants - Isaiah Simmons
5. Dolphins - Tristan Wirfs - the Dolphins stay put and pass on Herbert.
6. Lions - Jeffrey Okudah - the Lions pull off the trade and still get their guy.
7. Panthers - Derrick Brown
8. Cardinals - Mekhi Becton
9. Jaguars - Jerry Jeudy
10. Browns - Jedrick Wills
11. Jets - Andrew Thomas
12. Raiders - Justin Herbert - he falls to the Raiders and can sit behind Carr for a year or two, which is what he needs imo
13. 49ers - Ceedee Lamb
14. Bucs - Javon Kinlaw
15. Broncos - Henry Ruggs
16. Falcons - C.J. Henderson
17. Cowboys - K'Lavon Chaissson
18. Dolphins - Patrick Queen
19. Raiders - Kenneth Murray
20. Jags - Kristian Fulton
21. Eagles - Tee Higgins
22. Vikings - Trevon Diggs
23. Patriots - A.J. Epenesa
24. Saints - Jalen Reagor
25. Vikings - Denzel Mims
26. Dolphins - Jordan Love - project QB that can sit behind Fitzmagic for a year
27. Seahawks - Yetur Gross-Matos
28. Ravens - Xavier McKinney
29. Titans - Austin Jackson
30. Packers - Brandon Aiyuk
31. 49ers - A.J. Terrell
32 - Chiefs - Grant Delpit

Ravens trade all their pics for this guy.....He's a sho'nuff ringer !!

9c200a9b1f6dacead1e57a01733b82a6.jpg

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be pretty surprised if Higgins is taken in the first at all tbh. Seems like someone et to go in the early/mid - second round at this point.
Higgins lacks great speed and is more of a possession receiver.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Higgins lacks great speed and is more of a possession receiver.

So like Michael Thomas? Who dropped to the 2nd but is a top 2 WR. Higgins is a replica of him. I think he will be a stud

Thomas - 6’3” 205, 4.57 40 time
Higgins - 6’3” 215, 4.53 40 time