• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your new Top 10 will be

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're saying it's a foregone conclusion that OSU beats Michigan?

I won't say that...but I sure hope so.

GO BUCKEYES!!!

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I think they move down this week, to set the precedent for moving them down without them losing. And a conference title is a huge part of attend resume. You can't just gloss over it do yes even a win over a fringe top w5 VT will move Clemson ahead of OSU if the Buckeyes don't win the B10.
It's not the committee's job to set precedents, it's to rank the 4 best teams. Plain and simple. And no, a win over unranked VT will not jump Clemson to 2. It just won't. Louisville getting crushed really hurts the impression of the ACC.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the committee's job to set precedents, it's to rank the 4 best teams. Plain and simple. And no, a win over unranked VT will not jump Clemson to 2. It just won't. Louisville getting crushed really hurts the impression of the ACC.
It's the committees job to select the 4 best teams based on the criteria set forward. Conference titles, who you beat, who you lost to and performance vs common opponents. Right now Michigan has better wins AND better performance vs common opponents while OSU has the better loss. It's yet to be determined if either wins a conference title. IF Clemson and OSU win out Clemson will have a conference title while OSU will have the better wins and the better loss. At that point we will see what the committee values most

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the committees job to select the 4 best teams based on the criteria set forward. Conference titles, who you beat, who you lost to and performance vs common opponents. Right now Michigan has better wins AND better performance vs common opponents while OSU has the better loss. It's yet to be determined if either wins a conference title. IF Clemson and OSU win out Clemson will have a conference title while OSU will have the better wins and the better loss. At that point we will see what the committee values most
OSU will also have played a significantly harder schedule than Clemson.

Also, your comparison of OSU and michigan is didn't change at all this week, so why would michigan arbitrarily jump them? Makes no sense.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU will also have played a significantly harder schedule than Clemson.

Also, your comparison of OSU and michigan is didn't change at all this week, so why would michigan arbitrarily jump them? Makes no sense.
YES it did. Colorado is now the favorite to make the P12 title game. That's a boost to Michigan's resume. Also Michigan added another win over a likely bowl team in Indian. OSU added nothing really. Oklahoma was already the favorite to win the B12 and beating MSU adds nothing to your resume because they are not going anywhere and OSU also lost a good win ( wins vs .500 + teams ) as NW lost to Minnesota Changes are small but imo they will be enough although it will be close.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES it did. Colorado is now the favorite to make the P12 title game. That's a boost to Michigan's resume. Also Michigan added another win over a likely bowl team in Indian. OSU added nothing really. Oklahoma was already the favorite to win the B12 and beating MSU adds nothing to your resume because they are not going anywhere. Changes are small but imo they will be enough although it will be close.
So Colorado beating #22 Wazzou by 14 at home is more impressive than Oklahoma beating #14 WVU by 28 on the road? Are you seriously saying this is going to be the thing the committee looks at and says "Yep, michigan clearly needs to jump OSU now."? That's not logical whatsoever. If anything, those games made OSU look better.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Colorado beating #22 Wazzou by 14 at home is more impressive than Oklahoma beating #14 WVU by 28 on the road? Are you seriously saying this is going to be the thing the committee looks at and says "Yep, michigan clearly needs to jump OSU now."? That's not logical whatsoever. If anything, those games made OSU look better.
Who said it was more impresI've? I said it added more to Michigan's resume. Prior to Saturday Utah was the favorite in the P12 South. Now it's Utah. No one is talking about the impresiveness ratings of those games.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said it was more impresI've? I said it added more to Michigan's resume. Prior to Saturday Utah was the favorite in the P12 South. Now it's Utah. No one is talking about the impresiveness ratings of those games.
That has nothing at all to do with the win actually looking impressive. Colorado hasn't even clinched their spot in the CCG, let alone won it. You're really, really grasping with that sort of reasoning.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go as far as to say that if OSU doesn't win the B10 I'd give them a 0% chance of being the 2. The committee is not going to go from not ever having a non P5 winner in the playoff to making the first a 2 seed. It's just not going to happen. 3 is the ceiling but my guess is 4, assuming Clemson wins out

they'd possibly make them the 3 seed. not 4.

they won't have bama/OSU be the semifinal game like in '14.......

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That has nothing at all to do with the win actually looking impressive. Colorado hasn't even clinched their spot in the CCG, let alone won it. You're really, really grasping with that sort of reasoning.
I said nothing about anything being impressive. Prior to yesterday OSU had w wins over teams that had a good chance to win P5 leagues while Michigan had 1. Now both have 2. That's not hard to understand.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they'd possibly make them the 3 seed. not 4.

they won't have bama/OSU be the semifinal game like in '14.......
Maybe or maybe they'd want to guarantee the game happened for sure. Who knows? All I do know is OSU will not be the 2 if they don't win the league

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said nothing about anything being impressive. Prior to yesterday OSU had w wins over teams that had a good chance to win P5 leagues while Michigan had 1. Now both have 2. That's not hard to understand.
1. How does this suddenly mean they're going to decide to leap michigan over OSU?
2. How does CU have a "good chance" to win the Pac 12? Again, they haven't even clinched their spot yet, let alone won it. They're no lock with the upcoming game @ Utah, and they'd certainly be the underdog in the CCG. Yesterday did nothing for michigan's resume. Nowhere near enough to validate jumping them over OSU.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. How does this suddenly mean they're going to decide to leap michigan over OSU?
2. How does CU have a "good chance" to win the Pac 12? Again, they haven't even clinched their spot yet, let alone won it. They're no lock with the upcoming game @ Utah, and they'd certainly be the underdog in the CCG. Yesterday did nothing for michigan's resume. Nowhere near enough to validate jumping them over OSU.

That CU/Utah game is here in Boulder, not @ Utah.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe or maybe they'd want to guarantee the game happened for sure. Who knows? All I do know is OSU will not be the 2 if they don't win the league

I wouldn't bet the farm on that. If OSU wins convincingly against the #3 team in the nation, and has 4 top ten wins, OSU could easily stay 2. the reality is, there is no one else that has a glaringly better resume or story.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't bet the farm on that. If OSU wins convincingly against the #3 team in the nation, and has 4 top ten wins, OSU could easily stay 2. the reality is, there is no one else that has a glaringly better resume or story.
OSU will likely have at most 3 top 10 wins. The loser of the Wisconson/PSU game would probably drop out and that's assuming Oklahoma wins over OKST. Either way the Bucks will have a great resume. I'm not contending that. I just don't think the committee will give them the 2 seed without even making it to the B10 title game

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. BAMA
2. MICHIGAN
3. OHIO ST
4. CLEMSON
5. WASHINGTON
6. WISCONSIN
7. OKLAHOMA
8. COLORADO
9. PENN ST
10. OKLAHOMA ST

AP
1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Michigan
4. Clemson
5. Wisconsin
6. Washington
7. Oklahoma
8. Penn State
9. Colorado
10. Oklahoma State

Coaches
1.Alabama
2Ohio State
3.Clemson
4.Michigan
5.Washington
6.Wisconsin
7.Oklahoma
8.Penn State
9.Colorado
10.Oklahoma State

Not too far off Rmilia. See how the play off rankings come out Tuesday :suds:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP
1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Michigan
4. Clemson
5. Wisconsin
6. Washington
7. Oklahoma
8. Penn State
9. Colorado
10. Oklahoma State

Coaches
1.Alabama
2Ohio State
3.Clemson
4.Michigan
5.Washington
6.Wisconsin
7.Oklahoma
8.Penn State
9.Colorado
10.Oklahima State

Not too far off Rmilia. See how the play off rankings come out Tuesday :suds:
My personal top 10 is

1. BAMA
2. OSU
3. MICHIGAN
4. WASHINGTON
5. CLEMSON
6. WISCONSIN
7. OKLAHOMA
8. COLORADO
9. OK STATE
10. PENN ST

I was just posting what I thought the playoff committee would do. The polls are more reactionary than the playoff committee

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My personal top 10 is

1. BAMA
2. OSU
3. MICHIGAN
4. WASHINGTON
5. CLEMSON
6. WISCONSIN
7. OKLAHOMA
8. COLORADO
9. OK STATE
10. PENN ST

I was just posting what I thought the playoff committee would do. The polls are more reactionary than the playoff committee
Going off the Polls I think your top 10 may be either spot on.Or very close.I could see Louisville clinging to the top 10 tho