• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your new Top 10 will be

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. BAMA
2. MICHIGAN
3. OHIO ST
4. CLEMSON
5. WASHINGTON
6. WISCONSIN
7. OKLAHOMA
8. COLORADO
9. PENN ST
10. OKLAHOMA ST

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like it for the most part. Ohio State stays at 2 though IMO.
It is close. Michigan has the better wins, OSU THE better loss. Really I think there's no way OSU gets there seed if they win out so moving them to 3 now sets the precedent this year of dropping them despite not losing which I think the committee will want to have set. That way if the Buckeyes beat Michigan you don't have an issue jumping Clemson or UW ahead of them if they win out

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That will sort itself out soon enough.
Exactly that's why it's smart to move them down a spot now if you're the committee. Resumes are similar so it's not an obvious pre planned move but it gives them the flexibility to do it later again without many questions

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. BAMA
2. MICHIGAN
3. OHIO ST

4. CLEMSON
5. WASHINGTON
6. WISCONSIN
7. OKLAHOMA
8. COLORADO
9. PENN ST

10. OKLAHOMA ST

Not too shabby, but I prefer two changes:

- Michigan's passing game was almost nonexistent.... they went 7 of 16 for only 59 yards in a 20-10 victory over Indiana... and this was a home game for Michigan. I would keep the Wolverines at the same spot as last week, #3.

- Penn State does not deserve to drop from #8 last week to #9 this week, especially since the Nits won last night 39-0 on the road in crappy weather... so I would have Penn State remain #8 and have Colorado #9.

Everything else looks good on your list.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

- Michigan's passing game was almost nonexistent.... they went 7 of 16 for only 59 yards in a 20-10 victory over Indiana... and this was a home game for Michigan. I would keep the Wolverines at the same spot as last week, #3.

- Penn State does not deserve to drop from #8 last week to #9 this week, especially since the Nits won last night 39-0 on the road in crappy weather... so I would have Penn State remain #8 and have Colorado #9.

I was just about to say the exact same thing. Excellent post

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is close. Michigan has the better wins, OSU THE better loss. Really I think there's no way OSU gets there seed if they win out so moving them to 3 now sets the precedent this year of dropping them despite not losing which I think the committee will want to have set. That way if the Buckeyes beat Michigan you don't have an issue jumping Clemson or UW ahead of them if they win out

While you are right, if they beat Michigan they will be #2 no matter what. No wins will trump that. The only week they can move Ohio St down spots is after the conference championship week.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A huge win over Rutgers is really a nothing burger. Oklahoma and Colorado both had big wins over Top 25 teams. I think the committee will start to move them up in case they happen to win their conferences and become viable playoff contenders. I actually contemplated moving OKST ahead of them too but held off. The only 2 differences I could see happening is leaving OSU at 2 and moving OKST up to 9 but I will stick with my initial thoughts

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly that's why it's smart to move them down a spot now if you're the committee. Resumes are similar so it's not an obvious pre planned move but it gives them the flexibility to do it later again without many questions
What? You mean there is an agenda in the FCS committee? Say it ain't so...say it ain't so please!!!!!!!!!!!

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? You mean there is an agenda in the FCS committee? Say it ain't so...say it ain't so please!!!!!!!!!!!
Well as I've stated before Ohio St is not going to stay at number 2 without winning the B10 and I'm sure the committee has thought about the possible scenarios. I know they want to avoid a 14 repeat and all the questions it caused. No better time to set the precedent of moving acteqm down despite them winning than this week. I mean what are you going to do if OSU beats Michigan by 30 next week?? You cant move them down after that. If they're at 3 this week you have more flexibility

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as I've stated before Ohio St is not going to stay at number 2 without winning the B10 and I'm sure the committee has thought about the possible scenarios. I know they want to avoid a 14 repeat and all the questions it caused. No better time to set the precedent of moving acteqm down despite them winning than this week. I mean what are you going to do if OSU beats Michigan by 30 next week?? You cant move them down after that. If they're at 3 this week you have more flexibility
I see the rationale. I was just getting at the fact they don't follow their almight weekly process if they are looking ahead like that. But, I've said that all along. They are human after all.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the rationale. I was just getting at the fact they don't follow their almight weekly process if they are looking ahead like that. But, I've said that all along. They are human after all.
Well there's a case to be made for Michigan at 2 anyway especially after Colorados win over Wazzu yesterday. Michigan now has 3 ( imo ) Top 8 wins whereas OSU has 2. OSU has the better loss but if you're looking for a reason to give yourself an out later there are reasons to move Michigan up now.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there's a case to be made for Michigan at 2 anyway especially after Colorados win over Wazzu yesterday. Michigan now has 3 ( imo ) Top 8 wins whereas OSU has 2. OSU has the better loss but if you're looking for a reason to give yourself an out later there are reasons to move Michigan up now.

your anti OSU bias is showing............. don't tell us you aren't........

And OU beat WV, but you conveniently don't mention that......

newsflash, there isn't any need for an "out" when OSU would be deserving a spot. I would contend that having them at 2 cushions /protects their case at putting OSU in.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your anti OSU bias is showing............. don't tell us you aren't........

And OU beat WV, but you conveniently don't mention that......

newsflash, there isn't any need for an "out" when OSU would be deserving a spot. I would contend that having them at 2 cushions /protects their case at putting OSU in.
PI I am not anti OSU. I believe you told me I was wrong last week too and then I ended up being exactly right. I'm less sure this week. There's really no separation between OSU and Michigan imo. That said if I were the committee I'd want more flexibility later and moving OSU down now supplies that. And the "out" isn't moving OSU out of the playoff. It's moving them off the 2 line where they absolutely will not end up at years end even if they beat Michigan by 35

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PI I am not anti OSU. I believe you told me I was wrong last week too and then I ended up being exactly right. I'm less sure this week. There's really no separation between OSU and Michigan imo. That said if I were the committee I'd want more flexibility later and moving OSU down now supplies that. And the "out" isn't moving OSU out of the playoff. It's moving them off the 2 line where they absolutely will not end up at years end even if they beat Michigan by 35

So you'd move Ohio State down & leave UofM where they're @ even though their loss to Iowa is worse than the Buckeyes loss to Penn State? If so, please explain.