• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your 10 favorite and 10 least favorite drivers of all time

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched a video where Johnson was close to hiring Earnhardt after Osterlund sold his team. Earnhardt wound up finishing the year with Childress, then went to Bud Moore before going back to Childress.

Would have been a hell of team, but probably a big clash of egos as well
definitely would have been a clash. Back then they didnt share information. they were literally two seperate teams. But they might have wrecked each other a little less. So they both might have a couple more victories LOL

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most of the public will probably side with you. now in nascar you arent wrecking your own money anymore that you got by refi'ing your home. it is sponsorship money so even the racers nowadays forget wrecking race cars isnt racing.
If you are at your local tracks you will see how personal racing is. A lot of those guys have everything I own into those race cars. So just imagine how personal that gets when someone wrecks you on purpose.

but for me since forever. I never thought you should be rewarded a win by wrecking someone else.
That should never be a thing.

Then again we shouldnt have playoffs to define our Champion in auto racing either, but Money ruins everything.

Its all about reinventing 1992 all over again every year.

So whatever increases viewership nascar will do & continue to destroy the sport I love for that all mighty dollar.
I go to the local dirt track pretty regularly. I love dirt track racing.

I’m in full agreement with the Chase and Playoffs even if it means that Jeff Gordon would be a 7 time champ. Dominate all season and have one bad race, and you lose the championship.

And I also think consistency should be rewarded more than a checkers or wreckers guy. You win 5 races, and finish outside of the top 30 10 times, did you really have a better season than the guy who won 2 races with zero DNFs and ran in the top 10 most every race?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Callaway Mavrik
2. Cobra Kind Speed Zone
3. 3rd golf club I googled

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Faves;

David Pearson
Richard Petty
Tony Stewart
Kyle Busch
Bobby Allison
Cale Yarborough
Brad Keselowski
Bill Elliot

Fuck em;

Dale Sr.
Dale Jr.
Jeff Gordon
Kevin Harvick
Carl Edwards
Michael Waltrip
Dale Sr.
Dale Jr.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Stewart
Carl Edwards
Elliott Sadler
Mark Martin
Ward Burton
Dale Jarrett
Jamie McMurray
Johnny Sauter

Hates

Juan Pablo Montoya
Danica Patrick
Jeff Gordon
Kurt and Kyle Busch
Denny Hamlin
Brad Keslowski
Joey Logano
Dale Jr

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of hate for Juan Pablo on here. Well, at least 3 of you don't care for him...

Is it because he wrecked the jet dryer that one time? :dhd:

Last edited:

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of hate for Juan Pablo on here. Well, at least 3 of you don't care for him...

His first NASCAR race got more coverage than the championship battle, he came in all "I don't care about Rookie of the Year, I plan on winning the championship" and then he turned out to be a big time bust who was only serviceable on road courses. If you're gonna talk a big game, you better back it up, and he didn't. He was an embarrassment. JPM made me instantly shut down anyone who claimed open wheel drivers have more skill than NASCAR drivers. It's not like he was a one year driver either, he stuck around 7 years and had the same amount of wins as David Ragan during that time.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny story:
I've always liked F1 more than NASCAR & Indy Car, or whatever they call themselves now, but I've always maintained that there are as many, or more, really good drivers in NASCAR.
I don't think that F1 is the pinnacle of motorsports. I think they all about equal for what they are.

P.S. I actually already knew, or had a very good educated guess, why you and many others didn't care for him.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny story:
I've always liked F1 more than NASCAR & Indy Car, or whatever they call themselves now, but I've always maintained that there are as many, or more, really good drivers in NASCAR.
I don't think that F1 is the pinnacle of motorsports. I think they all about equal for what they are.

P.S. I actually already knew, or had a very good educated guess, why you and many others didn't care for him.
I like F1, but I never remember when it’s on, so I usually end up watching a replay, but I don’t watch it enough to know more than the top drivers where I can name every driver that has ever won a NASCAR race.

The Sunday before Memorial Day is the best day for a race fan.

F1 in the morning
Indy 500 in the afternoon
Coke 600 at night

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like F1, but I never remember when it’s on, so I usually end up watching a replay, but I don’t watch it enough to know more than the top drivers where I can name every driver that has ever won a NASCAR race.

F1 in the morning
Coke 600 at night
It's a truly great day...

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

F1 in the morning
Coke 600 at night
I used to go to the Indy 500 every year when I lived less than a mile away from the track. I'd try to watch the Coca Colo 600 afterward but always fell asleep. I think I stayed up when Tony Stewart raced both races. He finished 6th at Indy and 3rd at Charlotte despite having to start last in Charlotte (I think because he was late to the track).

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His first NASCAR race got more coverage than the championship battle, he came in all "I don't care about Rookie of the Year, I plan on winning the championship" and then he turned out to be a big time bust who was only serviceable on road courses. If you're gonna talk a big game, you better back it up, and he didn't. He was an embarrassment. JPM made me instantly shut down anyone who claimed open wheel drivers have more skill than NASCAR drivers. It's not like he was a one year driver either, he stuck around 7 years and had the same amount of wins as David Ragan during that time.
You know JPM was asked which is harder. Open wheel or stock car racing. he said Stock car racing. He mentioned there is a lot more going on in the cockpit of a stock car. Think about it. Stock cars have twice the weight & half the tires for one. Dont have to mention the difference in downforce between them. Or technology to assist.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didnt like him because he was a dick. He also would go out & wreck people who made him mad. I think he thought he was Tony Stewart. There was one night he wanted to sue Ryan Newman because when they got called into the Nascar hauler. Allegedly he started talking shit & Ryan punched him in the mouth. But I cant confirm :becky:

I did like it when JPM & Kyle Busch got into it. Since I didnt care for either of them. I didnt mind them messing with each other :pop2:

Still remember one time JPM wrecked Kyle. Pit reporter asked if he wrecked him on purpose. JPM's answer was hell yeah i did. (I liked him in that moment) LOL

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My favorite moment of him was when I attended a race in Richmond. His car caught fire I believe it was around the exit of pit road. When his car was towed back to the infield, you could hear the roar of the crowd wherever his car was on the tow truck.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt like him because he was a dick. He also would go out & wreck people who made him mad. I think he thought he was Tony Stewart. There was one night he wanted to sue Ryan Newman because when they got called into the Nascar hauler. Allegedly he started talking shit & Ryan punched him in the mouth. But I cant confirm :becky:

I did like it when JPM & Kyle Busch got into it. Since I didnt care for either of them. I didnt mind them messing with each other :pop2:

Still remember one time JPM wrecked Kyle. Pit reporter asked if he wrecked him on purpose. JPM's answer was hell yeah i did. (I liked him in that moment) LOL

Also, he and Jamie McMurray were teammates from 2010-2014. Jamie McMurray got 4 wins plus and all star win during that time. JPM managed one win at Watkins Glen. Then he wanted to insult Jamie McMurray, his teammate because of a an accident on the track, and I was just like "dude, respect your superiors."

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most of the public will probably side with you. now in nascar you arent wrecking your own money anymore that you got by refi'ing your home. it is sponsorship money so even the racers nowadays forget wrecking race cars isnt racing.
If you are at your local tracks you will see how personal racing is. A lot of those guys have everything I own into those race cars. So just imagine how personal that gets when someone wrecks you on purpose.

but for me since forever. I never thought you should be rewarded a win by wrecking someone else.
That should never be a thing.

Then again we shouldnt have playoffs to define our Champion in auto racing either, but Money ruins everything.

Its all about reinventing 1992 all over again every year.

So whatever increases viewership nascar will do & continue to destroy the sport I love for that all mighty dollar.
As far as reinventing 1992, had the old Winston Cup championship format been in place, last season, Kyle Busch would have edged out Kevin Harvick by one point in the championship standings. It would have happened naturally, It's sports. Sometimes blowouts are gonna happen, and sometimes it will be a nailbiter. IMO, it's best to let itself playout instead of having all the stages and playoffs. I don't like that a driver can dominate for a year and lose the championship because he finishes 6th at the last race.

I still keep track of what the points would be under the old system, and I put more stock into who would be the champion under that format than whichever driver won the Chase/Playoffs.

It's why Jeff Gordon ranks higher on my all time list than Dale Sr and why Kevin Harvick is so high on my list.