• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You need to listen to Rivera on the Junkies today.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now this actually makes a ton of sense for us. Not sure about Russ. Pristine reputation.
Screenshot_20220118-151002_Instagram.jpg

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at what cost ? we cant gut drafts to get him

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I scoured the internet. I saw three 1st, a 2nd, and a starter on a rookie contract.

I think Watson or Russell is there for the Eagles if they want them. Eagles have three 1st in this draft.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see San Francisco
I don't see the Niners being willing to plunk down top of the market money for an OG with Sherf's injury history, but OG IS our weakest position on offense (by a mile), so they could always surprise me.
Man, with the exception of the Giants, i see the NFC EAST is wide open again.
Yep. the NYG will stink, who knows how the Eagles will turn out year-to-year, and Dallas has a deteriorating OL and plenty of FA decisions to make.
Great point and same with the shanahan
That's a very good point. I could see Shanny refusing to help Snyder. I think the Niner FO will try to send Grop to a good landing spot, somewhere he'd like to go and goodness knows that neither Shanny or T.Williams will have anything good to say about Washington (my money is on Denver or Pittsburgh).
I scoured the internet. I saw three 1st, a 2nd, and a starter on a rookie contract.

I think Watson or Russell is there for the Eagles if they want them. Eagles have three 1st in this draft.
Wilson will cost the moon, but I think he'd do really well in Washington.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Niners being willing to plunk down top of the market money for an OG with Sherf's injury history, but OG IS our weakest position on offense (by a mile), so they could always surprise me.

Yep. the NYG will stink, who knows how the Eagles will turn out year-to-year, and Dallas has a deteriorating OL and plenty of FA decisions to make.

That's a very good point. I could see Shanny refusing to help Snyder. I think the Niner FO will try to send Grop to a good landing spot, somewhere he'd like to go and goodness knows that neither Shanny or T.Williams will have anything good to say about Washington (my money is on Denver or Pittsburgh).

Wilson will cost the moon, but I think he'd do really well in Washington.
I think you should keep Grap until you see more of Lance .

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has there ever been ANY 5-for-1 trade that has worked out for the “1” team?

I cant think of any 3, 4, or 5 players/draft picks for one of established player that worked out for the team forfeiting the picks.

It would be an awful mistake to trade 3 1’s, a 2, and a rookie contract player for Wilson or Watson.

It would be much better to sign a free agent and draft a qb or TWO in the draft.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not many multi-trades work for the team giving up several picks or players. Teams are reaching when they do that.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not many multi-trades work for the team giving up several picks or players. Teams are reaching when they do that.

Agreed.

I tried to think of one that did.

Khalil Mack’s Bears are a mess

The redskins fucked themselves for years to come for the right to draft rgme.

He eagles gutted a draft or two for wentz, which might be the only one that worked out to a degree bc he helped take the team to a super bowl. He didnt win it though - that was foles - and he probably didnt cost much.

Trubisky and the Bears didnt work either.

Even way back, Herschell Walker didnt work for the vikings, nor Ricky Williams for Ditka’s Saints.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you should keep Grap until you see more of Lance .
It would be nice imo, but Grop is about to enter the last year of his deal. So, it's either trade him this offseason and use the cap space to extend other players, or keep him and let him walk the year after to get only a comp pick. Right or wrong, the FO didn't trade the farm for Lance so he could sit on the bench for 2 years behind a "hit or miss" player like Grop.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice imo, but Grop is about to enter the last year of his deal. So, it's either trade him this offseason and use the cap space to extend other players, or keep him and let him walk the year after to get only a comp pick. Right or wrong, the FO didn't trade the farm for Lance so he could sit on the bench for 2 years behind a "hit or miss" player like Grop.
You mean the hit or miss player that has you in the divisional round of the playoffs?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i cant see anyone paying more then a 3rd rounder for him and seeing he is a one year rental i doubt it comes to that . you might be better off with the comp pick

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the hit or miss player that has you in the divisional round of the playoffs?
Yes, that's the guy.

Niner fans know who Jimmy is--just good enough and just bad enough. Jekyll and Hyde.
--He's more than and less than a game manager
--He'll keep you in a few tough games, but he'll also cost you games
--If he plays, your chances of winning are MUCH higher than if he doesn't
--BUT, Until this year, he missed about as many games as he played (dependability is a question).
--He led us to the SB, where he missed both his chances to hit game-winning passes
--He'll make some big plays that make you go WOW, but he'll probably never make a Pro Bowl

A good example--For as well as Jimmy played late in the Rams game, to get us into the playoffs, that performance is invariably balanced against his terrible play in the Titans game, which is why we had to win in LA in the first place. Look at Jimmy's pretty tight first half performance in Dallas, then notice that the team won in spite of him b/c of his piss-poor 2nd half play. He single-handedly kept Dallas in the game.
Niners were up 23-7 with the ball, looking at a runaway. The Niners next (last) 4 drives:
1--late 3rd. 3rd & 10, Aiyuk wideopen for a BIG gain or TD, ball is yards too high. Dallas ball, gets a FG. 23-10.
2.--9:48 left. Grop scrambles, sails ball over the WR, gets picked, returned to 9er 28. Dallas ball, gets a TD. 23-17.
3.--2:49 left. Niners Punt from their own 41 (guess who wasn't asked to pass the ball very far?).
4.--1:21 left. 4th and a foot. Instead of a game-sealing sneak, Grop snaps the ball too early, Dallas gets the ball back for a chance to win.

His good isn't consistently good enough to make up for the bad. So, that's why I think it's safe to call him hit or miss.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i cant see anyone paying more then a 3rd rounder for him and seeing he is a one year rental i doubt it comes to that . you might be better off with the comp pick
I think a 3rd is probably the ceiling as well, but I think that'll be for a team that wants him for the longer term. I can't see a team looking for a 1 year bridge QB cough up a third. I think Shanny was shooting for success with Grop this year, b/c he expects some struggle with Lance starting next season--kinda buying himself more time.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a 3rd is probably the ceiling as well, but I think that'll be for a team that wants him for the longer term. I can't see a team looking for a 1 year bridge QB cough up a third. I think Shanny was shooting for success with Grop this year, b/c he expects some struggle with Lance starting next season--kinda buying himself more time.
give lance some more time and he can be very good for you . i think next year the 49ers should have an open competition with grap and lance

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, that's the guy.

Niner fans know who Jimmy is--just good enough and just bad enough. Jekyll and Hyde.
--BUT, Until this year, he missed about as many games as he played (dependability is a question).
--He led us to the SB, where he missed both his chances to hit game-winning passes
--He'll make some big plays that make you go WOW, but he'll probably never make a Pro Bowl

A good example--For as well as Jimmy played late in the Rams game, to get us into the playoffs, that performance is invariably balanced against his terrible play in the Titans game, which is why we had to win in LA in the first place. Look at Jimmy's pretty tight first half performance in Dallas, then notice that the team won in spite of him b/c of his piss-poor 2nd half play. He single-handedly kept Dallas in the game.
Niners were up 23-7 with the ball, looking at a runaway. The Niners next (last) 4 drives:
1--late 3rd. 3rd & 10, Aiyuk wideopen for a BIG gain or TD, ball is yards too high. Dallas ball, gets a FG. 23-10.
2.--9:48 left. Grop scrambles, sails ball over the WR, gets picked, returned to 9er 28. Dallas ball, gets a TD. 23-17.
3.--2:49 left. Niners Punt from their own 41 (guess who wasn't asked to pass the ball very far?).
4.--1:21 left. 4th and a foot. Instead of a game-sealing sneak, Grop snaps the ball too early, Dallas gets the ball back for a chance to win.

His good isn't consistently good enough to make up for the bad. So, that's why I think it's safe to call him hit or miss.
you are right about him but skinsz has a huge woodrow for him and i dont see why

for me i cant give up the resources the 49ers would want for him .

you have to believe the 49ers would ask for at least a 2nd round pick if they know the have a 3rd in their pocket

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
give lance some more time and he can be very good for you . i think next year the 49ers should have an open competition with grap and lance
I think Lance could profit from a 2nd year on the bench, but that was never going to happen regardless of whether he was drafted by Jags, Jets, Niners, Phins, Panthers, etc. no matter who drafted him--not for a QB taken that high. A year on the bench is a luxury that the Niners could afford for a season. But sitting him for 2 is unheard of. The last high pick I can even remember who sat for that kind of time was McNair back in 1995.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are right about him but skinsz has a huge woodrow for him and i dont see why

for me i cant give up the resources the 49ers would want for him .

you have to believe the 49ers would ask for at least a 2nd round pick if they know the have a 3rd in their pocket
I can tell you that after spending years floundering at QB, Grop walked into SF like the 2nd coming. His issues are about staying healthy, turnover/accuracy problems, and hitting the deep outside throws (much better inside passer).

I expect the Niners to try some kind of conditional draft pick, a 2 or a 3 or some other swap, based on playing time, record, production etc. I just don't see any team out there handing over an unconditional 2nd, though a desperate team like Carolina could surprise, as could a playoff-ready but still-QB needy team like the Steelers.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, that's the guy.

I agree with most of what you are saying Niner all though we could only dream of having Jimmy G. WTF was Kyle doing calling a pass play up 23-10 anyways? Piss poor job by HC. The snap you speak of, WTF was TW doing lining up opposite of where he lines up and never got set. That was on Jimmy also huh? Your right, a couple errant passes, who doesn't do that however, 1 in particular should have never been called at the juncture of the game. If Jimmy isn't your QB this year, you don't even make the playoffs with Lance. Always looking for a reason to jettison a very good QB is easy these days but trying to find one is even harder, just look at us. I know this, the guys is a winner, bottom line.
Since he is somewhat dispensable, would you take our #11 and Daron Payne for Jimmy G? That's about all I would offer and would say fair for both teams. At 11, he would be the best QB in this draft imo. Thoughts?

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most of what you are saying Niner all though we could only dream of having Jimmy G. WTF was Kyle doing calling a pass play up 23-10 anyways? Piss poor job by HC. The snap you speak of, WTF was TW doing lining up opposite of where he lines up and never got set. That was on Jimmy also huh? Your right, a couple errant passes, who doesn't do that however, 1 in particular should have never been called at the juncture of the game. If Jimmy isn't your QB this year, you don't even make the playoffs with Lance. Always looking for a reason to jettison a very good QB is easy these days but trying to find one is even harder, just look at us. I know this, the guys is a winner, bottom line.
Since he is somewhat dispensable, would you take our #11 and Daron Payne for Jimmy G? That's about all I would offer and would say fair for both teams. At 11, he would be the best QB in this draft imo. Thoughts?
lol no way they get anymore then a 3rd rounder for him

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect the Niners to try some kind of conditional draft pick, a 2 or a 3 or some other swap, based on playing time, record, production etc. I just don't see any team out there handing over an unconditional 2nd, though a desperate team like Carolina could surprise, as could a playoff-ready but still-QB needy team like the Steelers.

would you take our #11 and Daron Payne for Jimmy G?
he answered your Q already and you greatly overvalue JG as you can see