• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You got to give it to the Eagles

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think they are a Super Bowl team. I think there are some issues that need resolving and the have serious cap problems heading into 2018 but with that said...

To be 7-1 after losing

1. Our spark on Offense and returns in Darren Sproles
2. Then our starting #1 CB in Darby
3. Then losing Jason Peters who was playing better then he had in a few years (which is remarkable)
4. Then losing our special teams captain in Maragos
5. Then losing a MLB that I think was on his way to a pro bowl and being the most underrated player in the league in Jordan Hicks
6. Losing our starting Kicker (not the end of the world)

I think it is pretty amazing they are in this spot. They have a tough road ahead. San Fran dominated our OLine but they definitely deserve respect for putting up the best record in the NFL half way through the season with an absolute SHIT TON of injuries. If they can just split there last 8, 11-5 will get you in the playoffs.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not a Super Bowl Team? The NFC is a hot mess. Their only loss is in Kansas City. At some point the bar has been raised.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not a Super Bowl Team? The NFC is a hot mess. Their only loss is in Kansas City. At some point the bar has been raised.

Im a believer in line play over any other facet in the game (excluding the QB position). The 49ers sacked Wentz 4 times in the first half. Thats concerning to me. We would have lost to any other team in the league outside of Cleveland. Jordan Hicks replacement was pretty freaking bad yesterday too. We squeaked out a bunch of games that could have gone either way. They are a team on the rise but do have some serious issues.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a fair assessment for your team but every team in the NFC has serious issues right now. 11-5 could very well be enough to secure HFA in the conference. Any of the contending teams have a shot at a SB run. There really is no dominant team out there week in and week out.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely a super bowl caliber team and they deserve the recognition for being where they are with the cards they have been dealt. In a musical chairs type conference I think they look like the most consistent team out of the group.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2nd half of the season is likely to prove whether the Eagles are for real.

@Cowboys, @Seahawks, @Rams, and home against the Cowboys. Those are all going to be pretty tough games. I think 12-4 is a realistic number for the Eagles.

Based on play so far there are 6 teams that seem to have any real shot at the Super Bowl. Eagles, Saints, Seahawks, Rams, Vikings and Cowboys.

Eagles and Rams need their QBs to stay playing at a high level which is a big ask from young QBs. Cowboys have to show that they can move the ball without Zeke.

Vikings seem to me to be a bit of a mirage that will have a tough time maintaining their winning ways throughout the season and in the playoffs. No way Case Keenum is winning a Super Bowl.

Saints look pretty good. If the defense can remain reasonably effective that should go a long way for them. The Saints offense is different than years past which is probably a good thing. They won't be gassing their defense every game.

The Seahawks need their OL and DL to play effectively. The DL, IMO, will be fine. Brown is a huge get for the Seahawks but there are 4 more guys on that line. If that line can give Russ time, he has shown that he is more than capable of tearing up defenses.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles season is going to hinge on the Dallas games. If you can win one of those you will be set for a great shot at HFA. HFA in Philly is a big benefit during January. If Dallas sweeps the series then we have a shot at the NFCE, but only with a sweep of the Eagles. I don't see Philly losing 2 more games than Dallas does from here on out so Dallas has got itself in a position to need lots of help...and without a key cog.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles just got Ajayi

Not very many ways you can say the Eagles shouldn't be considered SB contenders.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles season is going to hinge on the Dallas games. If you can win one of those you will be set for a great shot at HFA. HFA in Philly is a big benefit during January. If Dallas sweeps the series then we have a shot at the NFCE, but only with a sweep of the Eagles. I don't see Philly losing 2 more games than Dallas does from here on out so Dallas has got itself in a position to need lots of help...and without a key cog.

The Seahawks game looms large for the Eagles when it comes to HFA.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks game looms large for the Eagles when it comes to HFA.

Seattle has probablythe hardest road ahead of the current division leaders. @Dallas, Philly, LAR, and @JAX.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can just split there last 8, 11-5 will get you in the playoffs.

Aim higher, Bro...you're in a shit division and a down NFC; every other NFC team with a winning record is equally flawed in some way. And look at the rest of your schedule:

Denver 3-4
@ DALLAS 4-3
Chicago 3-5
@ Seattle 5-2
@Rams 5-2
@ NY Giants 1-6
Oakland 3-5
Dallas 4-3

none of those teams should frighten you except for Dallas and Seattle, and the Cowboys mainly because they're division rivals and it's tough to sweep them

Edit: I see that if I had kept reading, nearly everything I said was already said better by others.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles and Rams need their QBs to stay playing at a high level which is a big ask from young QBs. Cowboys have to show that they can move the ball without Zeke.

Oh yeah, the timing of this really kills the Cowboys. Going to be tough for them moving forward.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle has probablythe hardest road ahead of the current division leaders. @Dallas, Philly, LAR, and @JAX.

And a Falcons team that is playing poorly right now but is still pretty good.

It won't be easy. The Seahawks best case is probably 12-4. Assuming they don't blow one of the games they are expected to win.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, the timing of this really kills the Cowboys. Going to be tough for them moving forward.

Luckily our OL seems to be hitting its stride now, so bankign on them being able to get any back to 100 yards.

Reactions: GNG

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aim higher, Bro...you're in a shit division and a down NFC; every other NFC team with a winning record is equally flawed in some way. And look at the rest of your schedule:

Denver 3-4
@ DALLAS 4-3
Chicago 3-5
@ Seattle 5-2
@Rams 5-2
@ NY Giants 1-6
Oakland 3-5
Dallas 4-3

none of those teams should frighten you except for Dallas and Seattle, and the Cowboys mainly because they're division rivals and it's tough to sweep them

Edit: I see that if I had kept reading, nearly everything I said was already said better by others.
On paper, I would agree but that Giants game, regardless of records, is always a tough one near the end of the season. Eagles/Giants are a big rivalry and the Gmen very nearly upset the Eagles at home earlier this year with a huge comeback. Not saying that will happen given the woes of the Giants but anything is possible.
The game @ the Rams is another tough one as well. The Rams can't be taken lightly. Lots of football to play. Gonna be an interesting second half of the season, for sure.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot of football to play, but I get the sense Philly is going for it this season, with the trades etc. They see an opening in the NFC.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So right now, the four division leaders are Seattle, Philadelphia, New Orleans, and Minnesota. The wildcard teams would be Carolina and the LA Rams(!).

I don't think there's any question that the team which has looked the best, is Philly. The 6th best overall offense, and the #1 rushing defense in the league. They win the close ones and they blow out the bad teams.

Several of these other contending teams have looked very inconsistent throughout the season. Seattle and New Orleans look great now but both stumbled out of the gate. Ditto the Vikes. Carolina and the Rams have been downright schizophrenic from week to week. Throw Atlanta into that mix as well. Green Bay was solid but now have no QB.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dallas will end up with the WC spot over Carolina. The Panthers have been a wierd team this year and Cam has looked god awful at times. A couple of great games vs. NE and Detroit but those defense played really bad so it's hard to gauge Cam off of them. If the Falcons take it to the Panthers this week, Cam's histrionics are gonna start to wear thin in that locker room, imo. If he plays the rest of the season like he did in '15, then that's a whole different story.
Right now, HFA appears to come down to Philly and either Seahawks or Rams with possibly the Saints getting into the mix.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think they are a Super Bowl team. I think there are some issues that need resolving and the have serious cap problems heading into 2018 but with that said...

To be 7-1 after losing

3. Then losing Jason Peters who was playing better then he had in a few years (which is remarkable)
5. Then losing a MLB that I think was on his way to a pro bowl and being the most underrated player in the league in Jordan Hicks

I think it is pretty amazing they are in this spot. They have a tough road ahead. San Fran dominated our OLine but they definitely deserve respect for putting up the best record in the NFL half way through the season with an absolute SHIT TON of injuries. If they can just split there last 8, 11-5 will get you in the playoffs.

I'm not seeing the serious cap problems for 2018. They've got $5 million in cap space already and can make another $15 million by cutting Peters (depending on health), Celek, and Torrey Smith. Another $5 million if they cut Vinny Curry. There are a handful of guys who could be re-worked (Johnson, Jenkins, Brooks, Kelce, and Graham) to create more space.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be 7-1 after losing

Maybe more so this season...PHI is very much a SB team.

Ajayi is a great signing...surprised he only went for a 4th...but I'm guessing they feel pretty good about LT after losing Peters.