• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You got to give it to the Eagles

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's good news but just writing off Peters forever? We have tons of FA. Alshon, Hicks contract coming up soon, Jernigan. Celek needs to stay around for veteran leadership but not at 5 mill. Wentz is gonna want 150+ million in a year.

And you factor in Howie has now tapped into draft picks for next year! (which by the way the don't have that many of)

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not feeling good at LT. They gave up 4 sacks in the 1st half to a bad team. Thats a concern.

I didn't even see the game and picked on that from the stats...hard to say if the LT spot gave them up, but 4 sacks vs SF is concerning.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even see the game and picked on that from the stats...hard to say if the LT spot gave them up, but 4 sacks vs SF is concerning.

Only 1 given up by the LT.

Apparently San Francisco used many odd blitz schemes, schemes that had not been shown before on tape. Eventually the Eagles got it more or less fixed, and adapted to the scheme. Wentz also decided to hold on to the ball for quite a while. It looks to some extent that the line as a whole had an off-day, and possibly had to gell as well after losing Peters.

So yeah, I expect other teams to blitz the hell out of the O-line.

Also, Wentz as well as the WR's seemed to have an off day.

More worrisome, IMO was the running game getting off track again. Hopefully the Ajayi trade has fixed that somewhat.

Last Sunday's game was an oddity, and to me discomfiting... On the one hand it can be argued that it was a positive that the Eagles were to eventually blow out a bad team while playing badly themselves, on the other, the negative is that they played badly (especially on offense) for most of the game.

Put it this way, the Eagles O-line (and the offense) were not amused after the game with their level of play.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think they are a Super Bowl team. I think there are some issues that need resolving and the have serious cap problems heading into 2018 but with that said...

To be 7-1 after losing

1. Our spark on Offense and returns in Darren Sproles
2. Then our starting #1 CB in Darby
3. Then losing Jason Peters who was playing better then he had in a few years (which is remarkable)
4. Then losing our special teams captain in Maragos
5. Then losing a MLB that I think was on his way to a pro bowl and being the most underrated player in the league in Jordan Hicks
6. Losing our starting Kicker (not the end of the world)

I think it is pretty amazing they are in this spot. They have a tough road ahead. San Fran dominated our OLine but they definitely deserve respect for putting up the best record in the NFL half way through the season with an absolute SHIT TON of injuries. If they can just split there last 8, 11-5 will get you in the playoffs.

I think Philly is a contender. As others have said, no one stands out in the NFC. A lot of parity right now. I was surprised at how well San Francisco got pressure especially given that was makeshift dline with guys they had recently picked up off the street because of injuries. I think the 49ers might have caught philly off guard with the aggressive play calling. The 49ers were brining pressure with extra people which they really did very little of all season.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop it. He's talking shit about the Eagles choking in the playoffs this year and there's no team that has choked harder recently then Dallas but IL fix it for you.

Like going 13-3 with the one seed and not winning a playoff game 8 months ago.
But he isn't talking shit about you team choking or your past performance, so why bring it up? And how can you say no one has choked more than Dallas? If we are bringing up history let's not be selective, let's bring up all of the playoff history of both teams and compare. If he were talking about your choking he would have said you have NEVER done anything but choke in the playoffs and mentioned McNabb throwing up in the SB. He was just stating that he hopes you lose like many eagles fans on here including yourself have said about Dallas. I remember a post of yours a short while back that started something along the lines of: "No one hates Dallas more than me". What's different?

I'll say right now if the Eagles make the playoffs I'll be rooting against them, although it will get very tricky if they play NE in the SB:scratch:. I may have to just skip that and go to the movies that day...

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he isn't talking shit about you team choking or your past performance, so why bring it up? And how can you say no one has choked more than Dallas? If we are bringing up history let's not be selective, let's bring up all of the playoff history of both teams and compare. If he were talking about your choking he would have said you have NEVER done anything but choke in the playoffs and mentioned McNabb throwing up in the SB. He was just stating that he hopes you lose like many eagles fans on here including yourself have said about Dallas. I remember a post of yours a short while back that started something along the lines of: "No one hates Dallas more than me". What's different?

I'll say right now if the Eagles make the playoffs I'll be rooting against them, although it will get very tricky if they play NE in the SB:scratch:. I may have to just skip that and go to the movies that day...

So essentially you're saying he can talk smack about the Eagles but I can't talk smack back.
And just for history sake the McNabb throwing up was from a helmet to helmet hit. He threw a beautiful bomb TD a few plays later so he wasn't choking.
You're being too sensitive. Plus you are from NY so you aren't even a Cowboy fan to begin with. You're a Jet or Giant fan. If you're gonna rep the Yankees cause its your home team you got to rep the Giants too.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So essentially you're saying he can talk smack about the Eagles but I can't talk smack back.
And just for history sake the McNabb throwing up was from a helmet to helmet hit. He threw a beautiful bomb TD a few plays later so he wasn't choking.
You're being too sensitive. Plus you are from NY so you aren't even a Cowboy fan to begin with. You're a Jet or Giant fan. If you're gonna rep the Yankees cause its your home team you got to rep the Giants too.
No, but just get your smack talk straight. If you want to bring up history, bring up history. And you are from Phoenix so you are a Cardinals fan:noidea:. So dopey that line of thinking...

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Philly is a contender. As others have said, no one stands out in the NFC. A lot of parity right now. I was surprised at how well San Francisco got pressure especially given that was makeshift dline with guys they had recently picked up off the street because of injuries. I think the 49ers might have caught philly off guard with the aggressive play calling. The 49ers were brining pressure with extra people which they really did very little of all season.

That falls nicely in line with what Doug Pederson and some of the O-linemen apparently said after the game or on Monday. According to them San Francisco blitzed more, and in blitz schemes that they had not shown before on tape at all. Took them a while to get that schemed up properly. So it will be interesting to see what Denver will do on Sunday.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but just get your smack talk straight. If you want to bring up history, bring up history. And you are from Phoenix so you are a Cardinals fan:noidea:. So dopey that line of thinking...
So you have to live in the home city of your team to be a fan?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not from Phoenix. I'm from Philly and lived there for 30 years and only rep my home team... cause that's what men do. They don't pick and choose the great teams or there would be just as many Browns, Padres fans as there are Cowboy Yankee fans
My smack talk is on point. He said, "The Eagles are gonna choke in the playoffs" and I said, "Just like the Cowboys did last year". Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you have to live in the home city of your team to be a fan?

You have to live there or be born there or have some legitimate tie to the city. I don't understand how you celebrate... alone.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ajayi may be better in new surrounders but sans his 3 big games hes been atrocious

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to live there or be born there or have some legitimate tie to the city. I don't understand how you celebrate... alone.
I'm a Canuckistanian and rabid hockey fan. Also a rabid sports fan in general. My buds and I all have favorite teams in quite a few leagues including the NFL. On Thursday nights we get to watch hockey and football and currently baseball all in the same sports bar. I adopted the Eagles years ago and I'm not even sure why to tell you the truth. My bud's a Cowboys fan so maybe it's a same division thing I don't know. Best not to overthink it!

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we go back to the topic of how frickin great the Eagles are right now please?

Cause this guy is jelly right now!

wjqko.jpg

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, technically you've never actually celebrated, so does it really matter:suds:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, technically you've never actually celebrated, so does it really matter:suds:

I did with the Sixers and Philliea. But I just won't ever understand the concept. You never lived their, you have absolutely zero ties, none of your friends, neighbors or people in YOU'RE city root for them but you do anyway. It's like going to Duke and being a tar Heel fan. I'll never get it.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Canuckistanian and rabid hockey fan. Also a rabid sports fan in general. My buds and I all have favorite teams in quite a few leagues including the NFL. On Thursday nights we get to watch hockey and football and currently baseball all in the same sports bar. I adopted the Eagles years ago and I'm not even sure why to tell you the truth. My bud's a Cowboys fan so maybe it's a same division thing I don't know. Best not to overthink it!

Well if you live outside the country you have to root for someone. Thats different.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's the case, you could scratch half the Cowboy fans off the list. Half of them couldn't name 3 players on the team.

Disclaimer- Before you start giving me the business... Not anyone here. And yes, I know about all the Cowboy fans in AZ. They are the variety that can't name 3 players on the team.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's the case, you could scratch half the Cowboy fans off the list. Half of them couldn't name 3 players on the team.

Disclaimer- Before you start giving me the business... Not anyone here. And yes, I know about all the Cowboy fans in AZ. They are the variety that can't name 3 players on the team.

We haven't won shit in two decades +, so IMO anyone calling themselves a Dallas fan right now is a Dallas fan.