• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yes!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck that little sawed off politician. I'd rather see Millen on the sidelines.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There would have to be a lot of factors in play for this to happen. Are u guys ready to have another shitty season? I know I'm not. Plus ND would have to show a lot of regression for Kelly to wanna leave. Or maybe he is a prick like smit-tay thinks and he bolts anyway. Would u really want a coach that may bolt at any time?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a prick. A short, stubby, chubby, not manly, Irish-Catholic prick. He also kills kids at practices, covers up rapes, lies to recruits, supports fabricated stories to gain popularity, lies to employers, isn't aware of loyalty, and is short and round like a menopausal woman.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre-season hasn't even started yet and their already setting up the guillotine. Talk about throwing a drink in someone face. I'm sick of the fan base wanting to turn coaches like tricks... Another three years of finding out who doesn't wanna be in Detroit along with some other schemes.

Vader

Not Quite Evil Enough
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a prick. A short, stubby, chubby, not manly, Irish-Catholic prick. He also kills kids at practices, covers up rapes, lies to recruits, supports fabricated stories to gain popularity, lies to employers, isn't aware of loyalty, and is short and round like a menopausal woman.

Hell yeah!! Love it. Sorry ND fans but I wouldn't want him under any circumstance.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love him as our coach. Is he the greatest? No. But he's a far fucking cry from fat Charlie. And he got us to the NCG in a short short time. Is he everything smitty says he is? More than likely not. But he could be a few of them. And if he's gonna flip constantly, why would we as fans want him to coach the Lions?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have followed Kelly since his time at CMU. He has done a great job at every stop and seems to be able to get the best out of his QBs.

With that being said he would be a horrible NFL coach. His in your face style would not fly with guys making millions of dollars. The guy always looks like his head is about to explode.

I do think his shelf life at Notre Dame is limited as well. The man puts football first and thats not the Irish way so I do see him leaving but he would be better suited for the SEC than the NFL.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he hadn't coached at CMU, would you feel any differently Smitty? :)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated him before he made a stop in Mt. Pleasant. First time I met him, talked like an arrogant little politician, not a football coach. Haven't been able to tolerate the guy for 15 years.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care how arrogant he is, one of the best coaches on the planet. I've been following him since his Grand Valley days. One of my biggest regrets is not going to GVSU or walking on to CMU where I could have played for him.

K.J.Ester

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre-season hasn't even started yet and their already setting up the guillotine. Talk about throwing a drink in someone face. I'm sick of the fan base wanting to turn coaches like tricks... Another three years of finding out who doesn't wanna be in Detroit along with some other schemes.

For as long as I have watched football, I have believed that you have to give a coach at least three years to show he can do the job. It takes time to instill a new scheme, plays and get his players. After three years you can start to judge him.

Schwartz has had 4 years and has not shown he can do it. One good year where they needed big plays by great players to win games late. In that year, he even admitted that he doesnt make adjustments at half time, but just lets great players make great plays. Defenses took the big play away and he had no answer and ended up with 4 freaking wins.

Both, Schwartz and Linehan suck as coaches. They have not proven they can be consistent or improve. They have not shown me ANYTHING as coaches go. Schwartz would be good in a front office as he is good at getting talent on a team. As a coach, he has not shown anything.

The schemes are flawed. To continue running a single back set and wonder why your team cant run the ball is moronic. Especially when so many runs come out of the Shotgun! NO team will have a good running game with that scheme. They are a one dimensional team to an extreme and will not be a contender until they fix that.

Would I take a new coach and three more years of changing schemes and stuff? HEll YES!!!!! Because then I would believe we have a chance in the future to win a Superbowl. With this crew and this scheme? We have ZERO chance IMO!

I fail to see what so many fans even like in Schwartz. What about him do they like? His lack of getting a team prepared? His inability to make adjustments? His insistence on sticking with flawed schemes? His wondrous ability to lead by example as he loses his temper and chases another coach or throws a flag and gives up a winning TD?

He has given us one decent year and I can very easily argue that the Lions won 10 games in spite of him rather than because of him.

K.J.Ester

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Kelly? Not for it. He may be a great college coach. I dont care. Too often the great college coaches dont translate to good NFL coaches. Two entirely diferent animals. I am sick of the Lions experimenting on coaches with no to little experience. You dont win in the NFL with college game plans and you dont win with conservativeness. Just once get a good experienced coach who isnt afraid to be aggressive.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, did you guys know that Grail thinks we need a FB? I had no idea until he just put in another plug (number 6,048,316 by my count) for one...

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need Schlesinger to find the fountain of youth. Maybe he could create the facebook page the Lions need so bad.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I was bummed when he shuffled off to Miami.

Along with Jason Hanson, Corey Schlesinger is my all-time favorite Lion not named Barry Sanders.

He was a true, old school, bulldozer of a FB...

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss the broken facemask counter. Sledge was always reliable for us, always did his job.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D'you guys know that fullbacks are actually born "normal" running backs? Just at some point in their life they seccumb to their burning desire to lead block.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D'you guys know that fullbacks are actually born "normal" running backs? Just at some point in their life they seccumb to their burning desire to lead block.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if we didn't know we sure do now Rainman.