• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yes Another Pats Deflategate thread.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope all they do is reduce the fine to $999,999.99 after all of the whining Kraft and the Patriots have done.

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 2 games (effective games 2 and 3) and one of the picks back would be a good compromise. I hope the rumors are true. An end to this nonsense. What would Goodell want in return though?

So, what, he plays week one but is suspended weeks 2 and 3 based on what? The league says "opening week is too big a penalty, we'll suspend you the next 2 weeks instead??" I certainly see why you'd want it that way, since Brady owns the Steelers' collective asses when playing in Foxborough, but don't really see that happening.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, now I know it's a crock, coming from that buffoon....
NW has been spitting his chewbacca out his nose and ears since the ruling came down...
Can't sleep, eat, or or go to potty....:D

3DSmiles253_zpsiyqibcwk.gif
Do you ever get tired of being proved wrong? Or since it's been going on for so long it's part of your every day pathetic life? :L

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 games, 750k, 1 second round pick.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I hope not. Take this shit to court! Robert you got nothing to hide, Roger you know the Pats did something.....time to deal the cards boys!!! One of these 2 needs to go down. I am a football fan 1st, a Patriots fans 2nd. NE is guilty, time to show the evidence. NFL sting operation, lets find out. NO matter what happens from this NE is branded as cheaters, so you mine as well go down as one or prove you innocents....Buck up boyz!!!!

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's play the what is reduced game.
For this game you have to pick 1 (or 3) punishment that is to be removed to make all parties agree.
1. Brady's suspension removed completely
2. Brady's suspension reduced to two games.
3. Pats get both picks back.
4. Pats get their 1st back.
5. Pats get their 4th back.
6. The 1M fine is removed
7. Tha 1M fine is reduced to ????

The Officials handled the ball every play. Their job is to enforce the rules for fair play. They should have stopped the game to inflate the balls and given New England a 15 yard penalty for Unsportsmanlike Conduct. If the balls were redeflated (made up a new word), they should have tacked on another 15 yarder and sent them to the league for review. Brady should have been suspended for a game (if there was evidence).

Obviously the Officials couldn't tell, so how under-inflated were they?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 2 games (effective games 2 and 3) and one of the picks back would be a good compromise. I hope the rumors are true. An end to this nonsense. What would Goodell want in return though?

7 minutes in a closet with Kraft

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope that now the league measures EVERY ball BEFORE the game and right after the game to see how the weather effects them. If this does not happen then the league is pretty stupid.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope that now the league measures EVERY ball BEFORE the game and right after the game to see how the weather effects them. If this does not happen then the league is pretty stupid.
Do you really think they would actually release scientific facts to contracdict this facade they have been on for four months? No chance in hell. They'll just select 4 random balls as the control elements and tell us it's inconclusive.

This doesn't have anything to do with whether NE is guilty or not. It's all about public perception and protecting teh shield.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the team has not filed an appeal yet so that isn't on the table...
There should be a option 8. Goodell sticks to the ruling on Tom, 4 games.
If the team files an appeal, they may get 1 of those picks back and the fine reduced, but Tom is the culprit and the hammer has already come down on him....
And Roger is ready for this appeal...

Goodell wants to keep this out of a courtroom. Once it goes there, he is just another man. This rigged NFL system should be exposed. Where else can you issue punishment AND hear the appeal?? Absurd. I hope the Pats go all the way with this.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This makes ZERO sense. That's not how suspensions work. If this goes to court, the whole suspension is overturned, I would bet.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Brady's 4 games stand, the team penalty was the surprise to me, but they refused to cooperate and got on the leagues last nerve....
I think if a compromise is made, it will be on the team penalty, not Brady's. Just my opinion !!

It will go to court then which is what they want to avoid.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what, he plays week one but is suspended weeks 2 and 3 based on what? The league says "opening week is too big a penalty, we'll suspend you the next 2 weeks instead??" I certainly see why you'd want it that way, since Brady owns the Steelers' collective asses when playing in Foxborough, but don't really see that happening.

:) That he does...

It's a bone thrown to Brady and the Patriots to allow them to celebrate opening day (and it's good for the league) so that he'll accept some penalty instead of taking it court.

This is a negotiation you know.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Court is uglier for the NFL, though. I'd like to see Goodell try to lean on this ruling in a court of law.

I would agree. A high probability that all the suspensions gets thrown but the Patriots are still going to look bad too. That's why people like to avoid court... Right? That's why Goodell has to give them something to make the Patriots back off but they aren't going to get everything they want.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell wants to keep this out of a courtroom. Once it goes there, he is just another man. This rigged NFL system should be exposed. Where else can you issue punishment AND hear the appeal?? Absurd. I hope the Pats go all the way with this.

I can't lose in this one, either the dirtiest team in the NFL is exposed and punished and tagged for life as cheaters,
Or the worst Commissioner the NFL has ever had gets exposed and probably voted out or tagged forever as crooked.....
Man, it's a good day !!! :D

bill-belichick-lets-party_zpsn8aoil9n.jpg

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree. A high probability that all the suspensions gets thrown but the Patriots are still going to look bad too. That's why people like to avoid court... Right? That's why Goodell has to give them something to make the Patriots back off but they aren't going to get everything they want.

I don't disagree. But Goodell and the NFL have a terrible track record in court. I think he knows the Pats can beat him on appeal. Just like the Saints Bounty crap. I think the NFL ends up looking much worse in this scenario. The Pats already look bad from the absurd penalties that were handed down.