• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yeah I am officially done with fighting in the NHL

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seeing faces bounce off the ice like George Parros did just now. Im done its got to go. someone is going to fucking die in this league.

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to overreact. You don't like fighting in hockey, don't watch

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seeing faces bounce off the ice like George Parros did just now. Im done its got to go. someone is going to fucking die in this league.

Yes that was ugly. Some good comments by Jim H. take the helmets off and their head smashes on the ice.....not good at all.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fuck whatever. you wait its going to happen. it needs to go. your response is the overreaction you are so quick to attack getting rid of hockey and defend shows are archaic it has become. fighting is DONE its so fucking staged now its stupid.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eller_headshot_petit.jpg

Because fighting is the only way a face will get smashed by ice.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys keeps defending it but you can limit the damage but taking it out. its fucking done. but keep defending it until a death occurs. it will change the game forever.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is going to get phased out eventually Matty, you can see the writing on the wall with some of the new rules being brought into the league.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is going to get phased out eventually Matty, you can see the writing on the wall with some of the new rules being brought into the league.

It's like Jim H. said. Teams are getting fighters so the other teams get fighter we end up with players like John Scott on the rosters it's getting like the 70's again. I'm not totally against it but agree with Matty that to many are staged and it's not two guy's going at it because they are pissed at each other. :noidea:

Look what it did to this game, they cheered during the fight the guy stays down and it sounds like a funeral home and there is no flow to the game anymore. Two players got hurt in those fights and it's only the first game of the year. never heard this arena so quiet and they have been playing for five minutes since the fight. Great entertainment.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys keeps defending it but you can limit the damage but taking it out. its fucking done. but keep defending it until a death occurs. it will change the game forever.

So, if a death occurs because of a check, do we take out checking? If Malarchuk had died, would we not have skates anymore?

A fan has already been killed by a puck, why wasn't that banned? Why is it only fighting that needs to be banned because of a hyperbolic potential death? I mean the fan was an actual death...

I agree, something has to be done to protect the players. But Parros is a fucking retard with no use other than fighting and he willfully took off the piece of equipment that would have protected him.

I am okay with it the role of "total goon" going away, and if that takes 90% of fighting with it - all the better. But I'd rather see "rat-faced dirty little shit" go away first. That's a little harder to get rid of.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Devils got within 2 wins of the championship 2 years ago with no real enforcer, Clarkson is gone, they traded Barch and sent Janssen down, we don't have any real fighters. I think we're already seeing it get phased out.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not looking to change any of your minds. so Im not going to argue this or that. its a waste of time takes flow out of the game and 99% staged. you can bring all the arguments against for why checking or skating or high sticking or skates have caused damage but this goes beyond all those way beyond. if you dont like it perhaps you should stop watching the game when it goes.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Welcome to the growing movement.

(spoiler alert - it eventually happens)

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not looking to change any of your minds. so Im not going to argue this or that. its a waste of time takes flow out of the game and 99% staged. you can bring all the arguments against for why checking or skating or high sticking or skates have caused damage but this goes beyond all those way beyond. if you dont like it perhaps you should stop watching the game when it goes.

That I agree with, and that is what needs to be addressed - staged fights and the worthless piles of crap that do it, and only that. If the players could count on the league to consistently enforce the rules, then the goon will go away because then a fight will strictly go back to being an answer to cheap shots and disrespect. Not just your next shift.

The only reason I brought up the other things is to illustrate that accidents happen. But for some reason, only accidents during a fight are about to cause a death and must be stopped. It's illogical.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fighting is NOT hockey!

It's usually not good boxing either, for that matter.

People who like hockey "fights" should buy tickets to boxing matches, not hockey games. Actual hockey fans will not miss them at all.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fighting is NOT hockey!

It's usually not good boxing either, for that matter.

People who like hockey "fights" should buy tickets to boxing matches, not hockey games. Actual hockey fans will not miss them at all.

Actual hockey players know the purpose they are supposed to serve.

And they also know they don't serve that purpose anymore. They won't go away because of a rule. They will go away when they aren't needed anymore.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if a death occurs because of a check, do we take out checking? If Malarchuk had died, would we not have skates anymore?

A fan has already been killed by a puck, why wasn't that banned? Why is it only fighting that needs to be banned because of a hyperbolic potential death? I mean the fan was an actual death...

I agree, something has to be done to protect the players. But Parros is a fucking retard with no use other than fighting and he willfully took off the piece of equipment that would have protected him.

I am okay with it the role of "total goon" going away, and if that takes 90% of fighting with it - all the better. But I'd rather see "rat-faced dirty little shit" go away first. That's a little harder to get rid of.

Good analogies except maybe the bolded one that got tossed in there at the end. The NHL actually did react and makes changes after that tragic incident, and didn't just take the "Oh well accidents happen!" approach. But yeah your point still stands.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason I brought up the other things is to illustrate that accidents happen. But for some reason, only accidents during a fight are about to cause a death and must be stopped. It's illogical.

Not illogical in the sense that some injuries during game flow are 100% to be expected, but injuries caused by fighting are 100% preventable.

I know your position on this, 43. You just happen to be 100% wrong.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actual hockey players know the purpose they are supposed to serve.

And they also know they don't serve that purpose anymore. They won't go away because of a rule. They will go away when they aren't needed anymore.

What about a marginal player trying to make an impression on his coach? Or gain popularity with fans in hopes it will keep him from being sent back to the minors.

If rules against fighting keep stiffs from ever making the NHL to begin with it's all to the good, IMO.

Most so-called "enforcers" are crap at the actual game. I've watched enough hockey to know that despite the lack of statistical evidence.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But checking is not against the rules in the first place. Wearing skates is not against the rules in the first place. Accidentally putting a shot up in the stands is not against the rules in the first place. That seems like a fundamental difference. Your examples are otherwise legal plays with bad results, whereas fighting is always penalized.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if everyone was allowed to use their stick to "defend" themselves? Maybe even let them use it after the "danger" has passed, and it's tied up with half the team's bench and some refs?