• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU 5.5 faves over KU

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup, only one WVU "coach" has ever lost to Kansas......seeing improvement each week, something we haven't seen in a while

Hey... I’m happy as hell that we won today. But, where was this improvement you saw?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey... I’m happy as hell that we won today. But, where was this improvement you saw?
Better blocking, less penalties, good defense most of the game, lots of three and outs. Still a lot of work to do since we are forced to play so many young guys, but progress is being made. With the wind blowing like it was I won't comment on the kicking and passing.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is not your momma's Kansas team.

They might not win another game this year (same can be said for us) but they are still alot better than they have been recently. The weather/wind didn't do us any favors today either.

I'm trying to hold out hope for the kid and I didn't expect another Willy G back there this year but Kendall imo just has a looooong way to go and may not be the answer for us at QB1.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better blocking, less penalties, good defense most of the game, lots of three and outs. Still a lot of work to do since we are forced to play so many young guys, but progress is being made. With the wind blowing like it was I won't comment on the kicking and passing.

Better blocking?

Last week, we gave up 1 sack... 3 tackles for loss. Today... we gave up 3 sacks and 8 tackles for loss. Last week, we averaged 6.2 yards per carry.... today... 4.

Definitely had less penalties. Not sure any other improvement was noticeable.

We won... and that is what really matters most.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is not your momma's Kansas team.

They might not win another game this year (same can be said for us) but they are still alot better than they have been recently. The weather/wind didn't do us any favors today either.

I'm trying to hold out hope for the kid and I didn't expect another Willy G back there this year but Kendall imo just has a looooong way to go and may not be the answer for us at QB1.

The OL pass pro has been pretty bad. It’s hard to be confident as a QB when you get hit as much as Austin does.

I would love to see him run more. He has to start making defenses count for his running. He did a little better in the 2nd half keeping the ball.

IMO, this year was going to be rough with competition between 3 kids. Not enough time to develop chemistry between the QB and WR Corps. With Doege added to the mix this spring, I’m not sure the passing game will vastly improve due to this issu.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OL pass pro has been pretty bad. It’s hard to be confident as a QB when you get hit as much as Austin does.

I would love to see him run more. He has to start making defenses count for his running. He did a little better in the 2nd half keeping the ball.

IMO, this year was going to be rough with competition between 3 kids. Not enough time to develop chemistry between the QB and WR Corps. With Doege added to the mix this spring, I’m not sure the passing game will vastly improve due to this issu.

Thats all fair and true, cant really argue any of it ( maybe KU having a better Dline than NCState) and also in fairness as dad mentioned the wind prob hurt him today as well.

Hey , I’ll take any win we can get this year and like I say, I’m trying hard to hold out hope because I think the kid HAS some guts.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won... and that is what really matters most.

EXACTLY!! good thing we have a real head coach now, after what DH did yesterday at Houston, we would have lost to Kansas for a second time if we didn't have a real HC. Neal is the Real Deal

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think for a second if DH was still here we would be 3-1 right now no way, would be lucky to be 1-3 at this time. The thing that really makes me happy is that our Real Deal HC, has a Real Deal DC, If DH was still here, so would be Gibby, NC State may have gotten a real DC and we very well could be 0-4 if DH was still here.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JC I can’t wait for the FHCDH sh$t to be done.

With that said fix the drops and this team wins that game by 14 or more. Defense was exposed a bit, gave up its first second half TDs of the year. Good to see the stable of backs get back to work. Overall I would say a B, I mean it still is Kansas.

Looking ahead two weeks, I want to see how they handle 340lb frosh Texas will throw at us.

And if anyone watched that game....WTH was Gundy doing that second half (even though they got screwed on a crucial spot). Both those teams will be tough match up for us.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JC I can’t wait for the FHCDH sh$t to be done.

With that said fix the drops and this team wins that game by 14 or more. Defense was exposed a bit, gave up its first second half TDs of the year. Good to see the stable of backs get back to work. Overall I would say a B, I mean it still is Kansas.

Looking ahead two weeks, I want to see how they handle 340lb frosh Texas will throw at us.

And if anyone watched that game....WTH was Gundy doing that second half (even though they got screwed on a crucial spot). Both those teams will be tough match up for us.

Come on man... you know how the game is played... and why...

We're still talking about Don Nehlen at times... Ed Pastilong...

Skip over the posts... engage... it matters not to those on the other side.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2019 CFB returning production, ranked a better way

KU had less returning production than us... 52% to our 54%. The only opponent we have left to play with less returning production? Texas... 48%.

Are the Texas fans whining about the bare cupboard they were left with this year? LOL...

Every team has its flaws. IMO... only OU has really failed to reveal theirs. That's because they haven't played anyone with a pulse to date. I think OU is really good... I just don't know that they're unbeatable at this point in the season...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2019 CFB returning production, ranked a better way

KU had less returning production than us... 52% to our 54%. The only opponent we have left to play with less returning production? Texas... 48%.

Are the Texas fans whining about the bare cupboard they were left with this year? LOL...

Every team has its flaws. IMO... only OU has really failed to reveal theirs. That's because they haven't played anyone with a pulse to date. I think OU is really good... I just don't know that they're unbeatable at this point in the season...

I do t think Texas is that good. They lost a ton on defense. Should be a decent match up if we can run the ball.

Hopefully they don’t get to healthy over the next two weeks.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do t think Texas is that good. They lost a ton on defense. Should be a decent match up if we can run the ball.

Hopefully they don’t get to healthy over the next two weeks.

Watching UT vs LSU and now Okie St leaves me with more questions than I thought I might have...

Slaton and I were texting back and forth during the LSU game. Both of us agreed UT looked more physical... yet they gave up 573 yds of offense... 471 through the air.

I know the world is impressed with LSU's new passing attack... but... really? 471 passing yards...

Okie St hadn't played a team with a pulse heading into Austin. I can't crown them yet either...

I think UT loss a defensive player to targeting in the 2nd half of last night's game. He won't be eligible for the 1st half. I'm glad Neal has a bye week coming up. I think he'll have our boys as ready as we've seen in awhile to attack.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey we won.

But drops hurt us mightily. TJ Simmons still averages about 1.5 drops a game. Others werent hanging onto the ball ethier.

What the hell was the deal with the secondary? It seems like KU receivers were wide open every damn play. That needs fixing.

But hey, we won!

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Defense was AVERAGE at best..

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey we won.

But drops hurt us mightily. TJ Simmons still averages about 1.5 drops a game. Others werent hanging onto the ball ethier.

What the hell was the deal with the secondary? It seems like KU receivers were wide open every damn play. That needs fixing.

But hey, we won!

I think this team struggles in reading keys still...I have been saying since game 1 the LB's have no idea where they are going at times