• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WTF was the Huskies coaching staff thinking

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That fake punt call was the dumbest call I've seen in a long time... 13-13 tie game late in the 4th quarter and your gonna fake a punt on a 4th and 9 on your side of the field ..... HOLY MOLY what a stupid call, especially considering how good the Huskies D has been playing and how the Huskies O has been struggling... That was a game killer call..

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford's D kept UW from moving the ball. Miles looked LOST.
Peterson has had success before on plays like this, so why Not try it again.
Offense was going NoWhere.........anyway.

For as bad as the D looked in game 1-4, they looked OKAY today.
For as sporadic as the O looked in games 1-4, they were Charles Barkley Terrible today.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite poor play and play calling, at least they hung in there. Normally these are games they get blown out against top rank teams when Sark was here. Give peterson a good solid 2 yrs of recruiting and hopefully these close games start falling the Huskies way.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For as sporadic as the O looked in games 1-4, they were Charles Barkley Terrible today.

Offense going no-where is reason to punt the ball on 4th and 9 on your side of the field... There was no excuse for that call .. PUNT the ball ... Huskies might have won that game despite the lack of O ... Play the field position game and give yourself a chance... The game was tied 13-13 late... WTF... There is no excuse

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was obviously a piss poor call. 4th and a few ok i can tolerate it. It was 4th and at least 10 if i recall correctly.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOOT... Great COUGS comeback...:agree:

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOOT... Great COUGS comeback...:agree:

Wow, they reverse-Coug'd it? Damn, thought that one was over at halftime.

On topic though, I don't get why Coach Petey decided to pull that smoke and mirrors stuff out of his bag in that kind of a situation. Stanford is a good team though. No shame in losing to them.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, they reverse-Coug'd it? Damn, thought that one was over at halftime.

On topic though, I don't get why Coach Petey decided to pull that smoke and mirrors stuff out of his bag in that kind of a situation. Stanford is a good team though. No shame in losing to them.

No shame in losing... But there is shame in HANDING the game over... That game was gift wrapped for Stanford and it was inexcusable ...

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shame in losing... But there is shame in HANDING the game over... That game was gift wrapped for Stanford and it was inexcusable ...

Fair enough. I actually have an uncle who graduated from UW and was nervous that Petersen was going to throw some games away with the trick play calls. I told him not to worry, so he's probably gonna give me shit the next time I see him.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. I actually have an uncle who graduated from UW and was nervous that Petersen was going to throw some games away with the trick play calls. I told him not to worry, so he's probably gonna give me shit the next time I see him.

Well hopefully he get's it out of his system... That was painful..

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah but the D was the only reason they were in the game. In fact they scored half UW's points. Why not pin Stanford and see if the D could get another turnover? They made big plays all game. Seems like a better idea to me than a fake punt on 4th and long on your own side of the field.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ok with the fake punt. It was late in the game and Petersen was trying to kitchen sink to give our offense any opportunity. Our D was gassed by the 4th and it was only a matter of time before Stanford would score with how many times we kept fucking up on 3rd downs and having to punt.

What I'm beyond livid over was the complete lack of any offensive output in this game by the Huskies. Considering the experience level of our Oline and the WR corps, we stunk up the joint. Our defense gave us a shitload of opportunities to get the W. Instead our offense kept stepping on its own dicks out there. Taking forever to get plays off. Stanford D had all day to adjust before the ball was snapped. They looked like it was the the first scrimmage of fall camp. That disorganized.

We had 4 OOC games to get tuned up and ready for PAC play. Petersen's game plans are like he's still test driving a sports car and keeps putting it in a ditch to see what it's capable of. The OOC games, fine. PAC play? Inexcusable. You had 4 easy games to get all the kinks worked out. Test drive and performance testing is over. You don't do that on race day.

Instead, now were stuck in a ditch of mediocrity.

Even after a day to calm down, I'm still just as pissed off and embarrassed at this performance. Total debacle and inexcusable considering the SR and JR talent the Petersen crew inherited.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ok with the fake punt. It was late in the game and Petersen was trying to kitchen sink to give our offense any opportunity. Our D was gassed by the 4th and it was only a matter of time before Stanford would score with how many times we kept fucking up on 3rd downs and having to punt.

What I'm beyond livid over was the complete lack of any offensive output in this game by the Huskies. Considering the experience level of our Oline and the WR corps, we stunk up the joint. Our defense gave us a shitload of opportunities to get the W. Instead our offense kept stepping on its own dicks out there. Taking forever to get plays off. Stanford D had all day to adjust before the ball was snapped. They looked like it was the the first scrimmage of fall camp. That disorganized.

We had 4 OOC games to get tuned up and ready for PAC play. Petersen's game plans are like he's still test driving a sports car and keeps putting it in a ditch to see what it's capable of. The OOC games, fine. PAC play? Inexcusable. You had 4 easy games to get all the kinks worked out. Test drive and performance testing is over. You don't do that on race day.

Even after a day to calm down, I'm still just as pissed off and embarrassed at this performance. Total debacle and inexcusable considering the SR and JR talent the Petersen crew inherited.

So it's a matter of time before Stanford is gonna score ... So give them a short field ? I'm not with you on this logic... You punt the dam ball... The game was tied 13-13 late in the 4th and it was 4th and 9 on your side of the field... PUNT the ball...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with the fact that the D was gassed and needed a chance to keep their breath, but 4th and 9 was to much of a long shot IMO. The offense was just putrid in this game. The Huskies miss having a RB like
Sankey in the back field, the OL is under performing and that leads to bad QB play and WRs not coming up big. Still not everyone has a defense as good as the Cardinals, so there is still hope.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 100 yard punt return that was called back for a block in the back was the turning point in the game to me. Yeah, the Huskies went on to tie it up later on anyway, but that could have been a huge momentum swing in their favor if it's a clean return. Maybe Stanford plays differently after that and maybe they don't, but that was a huge call in a game that was going to be difficult enough. There were also a couple of early pass breakups by, I believe, Timu, that he seemed to time perfectly and that hit him in the hands. If I remember correctly, Stanford had to punt after each of those breakups, but for an offense that was struggling to move the ball, either a short field or a pick-6 would have helped the Huskies considerably. I think the fake punt was an attempt to get some sort of momentum going on offense with Stanford grinding the regular stuff the Dawgs were doing to a halt all day. It's like a baseball offense that can't do anything swinging away, so they have a guy bunt for a hit to break up the pattern.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can take the coach out of Boise but can't take the Boise out of the coach?

As a husky fan you should be happy he kept it respectable. The team looked terrible in 3 of their first 4 games vs terrible competition, 2 D2 schools and a hawaii team that had legit talk of dropping football.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can take the coach out of Boise but can't take the Boise out of the coach?

As a husky fan you should be happy he kept it respectable. The team looked terrible in 3 of their first 4 games vs terrible competition, 2 D2 schools and a hawaii team that had legit talk of dropping football.

2 D2 schools? Eastern is FCS and Georgia State plays in the Sun Belt.

Regardless I'm going to disagree with you there. They did look awful against Hawaii, but they put away Illinois and Georgia State pretty easily. They did almost lose to EWU, but IMO Eastern could beat at least half the teams playing in FBS right now including WSU and definitely Idaho. But the latter isn't saying much, a troop of girl scouts could put up 30+ on Idaho's defense.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 D2 schools? Eastern is FCS and Georgia State plays in the Sun Belt.

Regardless I'm going to disagree with you there. They did look awful against Hawaii, but they put away Illinois and Georgia State pretty easily. They did almost lose to EWU, but IMO Eastern could beat at least half the teams playing in FBS right now including WSU and definitely Idaho. But the latter isn't saying much, a troop of girl scouts could put up 30+ on Idaho's defense.

Excuse me yes Georgia state is no longer D2, but in their year plus of being D1 have never beaten a D1 team.... they put it on UW the first half.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuse me yes Georgia state is no longer D2, but in their year plus of being D1 have never beaten a D1 team.... they put it on UW the first half.

umm, D2 is different that FCS. Eastern Washington isn't D2, their D1 FCS. Central Washington and Western Oregon are the only Northwest colleges in D2.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, didn't realize GSU was up on UW 14 at halftime. That is worrisome, but they did still win that game by 31. I don't think many UW fans had them beating Stanford this year anyway