• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WTF Pace

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First guy they signed was a big name left tackle from the rams. They drafted Olsen, pulled Hester into the offense from being a defensive back when he was the all around weapon in the nfl, How can you hate on Knox, he was turning into a force, but instead of letting the guy streak outside, they forced him to the middle and his spine was bent in half backwards. Nobody was able to keep up with that kid.

LMAO… already with blatant misinformation from AI in the first sentence.

The "big name" lineman they signed from St. Louis was Orlando Pace. He is a hall of fame tackle. Problem is, he was 34, and absolutely finished. He played about half of the season, and did so piss poorly.

They drafted Olsen in 2007, not 2009. He was brought into be Rex Grossman's TE, lol. The TE is not utilized in Martz's system, he went completely unused in 2010 and then was traded.

Knox was turning into a force?… Nobody could keep up with him? lol… He had 930 yards or something in his best season. What world do you live in?

He regularly ran incorrect routes, ran poor routes and blatantly gave up on them at times. He could run in a straight line well, that is it. In a serviceable offense, he was no more than a third option at WR. He was more than subpar as a starter, much less your #1 option.

"Pulled Hester into the offense from being a defensive back when he was the all around weapon in the nfl"

I am so confused by this sentence. Are you suggesting Devin Hester was a big success at WR? If not, I don't see how mentioning this is relevant.

Jay Cutler threw to two kick returners for WR's for the first three years was here, and in 2010 and 2011 when the defense played well. Jay went a combined 17-8, won a playoff game and reached an NFC title game. He also had the team at 7-3 in 2011 before him and Forte went down.

Not apologizing, simply correcting. Your memory seems to be beyond selective, and borderline delusional a lot of the time when it comes to the Bears/Cutler.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First guy they signed was a big name left tackle from the rams. They drafted Olsen, pulled Hester into the offense from being a defensive back when he was the all around weapon in the nfl, How can you hate on Knox, he was turning into a force, but instead of letting the guy streak outside, they forced him to the middle and his spine was bent in half backwards. Nobody was able to keep up with that kid.

You want to bitch about defense, what was done to improve the defense? All I said is they chose to keep giving Cutler new options, new coaches, new offenses to continue to try to fix him. I am not disagreeing that the choices were bad, or wrong, but all the emphasis went to the offensive side of the ball while players that should have known what they were doing were the ones brought in on defense. No budding superstars, just veterans that their team was done with.

As far as my interfering with the defense line, hold onto the ball, put points on the board, not turnovers and three and outs. Interfering is having the front office continuously finding offensive players that could work with Cutler instead of finding defensive players to rebuild the historic bear defense. I guess that is interfering with the defensive identity this fan base has grown to embrace.

Pace was entering his 13th season when he came to the Bears. Used up? Absolutely.
Olsen became expendable when Martz came. Olsen's inability to block was no secret prior to Martz's arrival.
Hester and Knox are 3rd or 4th options on a team that has legit targets, but were expected to produce because on this team they were the primary targets. Im not hating on Knox. Actually, I think he would have been a better fit under a different OC than Martz. His offense put a premium on route running- it was the WRs responsibility to get to the spot on the field where the ball was to be thrown. I cant tell you how many times I saw Knox cut his own route off, not fight through traffic, and not challenge the defender on balls that werent thrown right at him. Hester wasnt as bad- but still not the polished route runner Martz's offense demanded. In his offense- there wasnt a bevy of WR grouping options because TEs werent downfield options. They were primarily blockers that were safety valves from time to time. The third WR was the RB. Sending the RB downfield was also a staple of his offense. Make no mistake- Forte was the only reliable receiving target under Martz.

Cutler holds the ball too long. We know that. Tries to make a play when he should get rid of it and live for another down. And? Martz was an offensive genius that took on a team with way too many pieces that werent close to what was required to properly execute his offense. That would be 1) two primary WR targets that could run effective routes while 2) the QB was protected by 7 blockers. NEITHER of those boxes were checked.

Cutler and Forte accounted for something between 70%-80% of the offense when Martz was here. Cutler running for his life and throwing it to Forte, and Forte running the football was just enough to support the good defenses in place at that time. Cali and I have talked about this before- Martz was an ideal fit for Cutler and Forte's receiving skills. the problem was the rest of the supporting cast on offense was about the furthest thing from ideal.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of continuously berating someone trying to participate, tell me the defensive moves that were made to improve this team since Cutler got here.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of continuously berating someone trying to participate tell me the defensive moves that were made to improve this team since Cutler got here.[/QUOTE]

OH MY GOD!!! hahaha. DING DING DING... WE have a WINNER! AI... did you seriously just type that? Are you kidding me? Wow.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of continuously berating someone trying to participate, tell me the defensive moves that were made to improve this team since Cutler got here.
Trying to participate or trying to drone on and on about your dislike for a person.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very little. That can happen when one side of the ball has been consistently good year in and year out, and the other not so much. If Ive said this once, Ive said it 20 times- while Lovies defenses were very good most years, depth was thin. Like many coaches that have been successful with the same players year in and year out-they continue to play them til the bitter end. One thing in Trestman's defense is he did inherit an aging defense with limited/unknown depth.