• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Write up by a local beat writer on Lockett.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problemo with the tradeup. Schneider rarely makes a move like this and we had the ammunition of picks this year so there you go. He was obviously one of their top choices for the draft and nice to see it work out as it did.
He definitely fills a critical need for our roster this year. He's great on ST, slot WR, and especially PR/KR. Tremendous bang for your buck when you got a tool like that on your team. And he's a rookie. We didn't have to throw 10+ mil into our cap for a bust like Harvin. Hopefully this one sticks.

Looking forward to seeing him out there this fall.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks don't give up 4 draft picks for anyone unless they feel like they could come in and immediately contribute. I expect a lot of this guy, on STs and offense.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks don't give up 4 draft picks for anyone unless they feel like they could come in and immediately contribute. I expect a lot of this guy, on STs and offense.

We have a loaded roster with very few slots available for 2015. It was smart to trade up to get Lockett who serves an immediate need. Schneidered!!! Boom!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lockett will take the NFL by storm, you guys just wait. I was VERY high on this guy and wanted him with our 2nd, so I was ecstatic we moved ahead of Houston (who would've taken him for the exact reasons we did, instead they had to settle with Strong who really doesn't fit at the moment) and snagged him.

He is an INSTANT day 1 starter, runs great routes, and just finds ways to get open. He instantly helps us in the return game which we DESPERATELY needed to fix.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Lockett has to be considered the favorite to win the PR/KR job, but those guys aren't really considered starters. He'll certainly get a chance to contribute a lot every game, but Kearse, Baldwin & Graham are the 3 main receivers you would consider starters. Lockett looks like a slot type guy, so Baldwin is probably the one he's gotta push out of the lineup to become a starter.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a loaded roster with very few slots available for 2015. It was smart to trade up to get Lockett who serves an immediate need. Schneidered!!! Boom!

Yes, if we kept all those draft picks, only a hand full would've been making this roster... Packaging the picks was a very smart, wise decision to move up to grab a guy you coveted...

I'm just happy I don't have to watch our PR fair catch everything...

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year we should have a plethora of picks to banter with again. Keep it up Schneider.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lockett will take the NFL by storm, you guys just wait. I was VERY high on this guy and wanted him with our 2nd, so I was ecstatic we moved ahead of Houston (who would've taken him for the exact reasons we did, instead they had to settle with Strong who really doesn't fit at the moment) and snagged him.

He is an INSTANT day 1 starter, runs great routes, and just finds ways to get open. He instantly helps us in the return game which we DESPERATELY needed to fix.

I was high on him too.
One of the good things I remember about Darryl Jackson was his ability to get open and finding the hole in the zone D. Lockett will be great at that too IMO.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not know much about him,i have read he is kinda tough for his size akin to Tate.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not know much about him,i have read he is kinda tough for his size akin to Tate.

Tough for his size, but not the physical specimen (strength/hands wise) that Tate is. That said, he is a FAR more polished/complete route runner and gets better separation than Tate. Tate is a guy who will go up, fight for the ball, and come down with it. Lockett isn't that guy, but there's a reason he catches with his body, and that's because he gets open to allow for that.

He's a true slot guy. If Tate was 6'4" he'd be a top 5 WR in the NFL. I don't think I could say the same for Lockett, but that's not what I want from him. Seattle needs a dominant slot WR who can run routes and gets open.

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah can't edit, meant to justify my remark above with regards to Tate vs. Lockett. Tate has the bigger hands, catches with his hands, and goes up in traffic well. That's why he'd be a dominant #1 if he was 4-5"+ taller. Lockett is a body catch/abuse nickel/LBer type of WR by getting open using routes/speed/agility. Lockett projects poorly to a #1/#2.

And gotta remember, Tate fell to the 2nd round in a LOADED draft class (the most loaded in prob. NFL history with everyone declaring to make big money before the new CBA). He was a #1 (late) in most other drafts.

IMO Tate is the better TALENT than Lockett, but Lockett fills a role VERY well (better than Tate, in slot). Lockett would never be a #1/#2 (where Tate is def. a #2, MAYBE a #1 - DEF. a #1 if 6'1-2"+.

That said, Seattle needed a 'potential' elite slot WR because we had zero at the position and a good kick/punt returner.... Lockett fills all those needs which is why I gave it (even with the trade - cause let's face it, we're not keeping 10+ draft players) an A grade. Some people (walter football for one) gave it a C or so and blasted us for trading. COMPLETELY disagree.

Last edited: