• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WrestleMania 36

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y? It was fucking pointless. All of it for 1 move and it's over?

Yeah no thanks.

ABOMINATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See there’s your problem, you need to not look at it as an actual match and more of just a spectacle and an event.

Plus if the rumors are true and Cena has a contract with a movie preventing him from wrestling this was the best way to get around that but still pay off though Wyatt/Cena storyline.

On a normal Wrestlemania if they did this instead of a regular match I could understand, but given the unique nature and limitations they were under, this was the best result.

Plus Wyatt as Bischoff and Cena as NWO Hollywood Hulk Hogan was such an amazing sight to behold.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See there’s your problem, you need to not look at it as an actual match and more of just a spectacle and an event.

Plus if the rumors are true and Cena has a contract with a movie preventing him from wrestling this was the best way to get around that but still pay off though Wyatt/Cena storyline.

On a normal Wrestlemania if they did this instead of a regular match I could understand, but given the unique nature and limitations they were under, this was the best result.

Plus Wyatt as Bischoff and Cena as NWO Hollywood Hulk Hogan was such an amazing sight to behold.

Ok. There was shit I didn't know.

I'm not a huge fan of those "spectacle" matches.

Basically I was like Titus at the end.

3 stars

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Otis story makes less sense than lashley/lana...

I don't see how you could think that. It's been one of the most straightforward and well done stories WWE has told in months, probably years. @Duffman laid it out well. But just to add to it, Sonya thinks Mandy can do better than Otis. Look at him, he's Otis. A fat simpleton. Look at Mandy. She's fucking smokeshow. Like Duffman said, she was wasting her time with Otis and affecting Sonya/Mandy's tag team. So she started working with Dolph who she felt is a better match for Mandy and Dolph was all about it because he's a sleazebag. In the end, the good guy gets the girl. It's literally one of the oldest stories in all of entertainment. What's not to get?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Night 2 was pretty solid though I don't think it was as strong as Night 1. It started out strong with a very good match with Charlotte and Ripley. Otis/Ziggler was a culmination of a good story. Man, its such a bummer thinking how awesome that pop would have been when Otis got the kiss. But then we got a lot of meh filler with Black/Lashley, Raw Tag Title match, SD Women's match (which was ok, just not very invested in it. The build up was meh). Edge/Orton was a great match that was likely a tad bit too long. Probably could have taken 10 minutes off that. Brock/Drew was fairly shitty but let's be honest, most Lesnar matches are. Brock is a lot better with guys like Bryan and AJ, who are really skilled in ring and smaller so their bumps make Lesnar look so much better. All the matches Brock has with bigger men just end up being stuff like we saw tonight where both guys just trade finishers for 5 minutes and its over. I'm happy Drew McIntyre won though. I absolute HATE part time champs.

And that Firefly match...that was a lot of fun. Just like the Boneyard match, you can't be such a stickler for "traditional" pro wrestling. Just go in with an open mind and have fun with it. This match was actually really creative I thought. I plan on watching it again because I feel like there's a lot of subtitles and easter eggs lurking in it. The match was basically John Cena fighting his fears in another dimension.

Overall, I'd say WM 36 turned out to be a good show, especially given the circumstances. WWE was in a tight spot and did more than deliver.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um...............what? WWE literally explained 100% of everything you just said.

Because Mandy was focused more on Otis than their tag team, that's 100% plain as day

Because her supposed best friend Sonya Deville just schemed and plotted to hurt her behind her back

Because Dolph was working with Sonya on how to get Mandy away from Otis, and he wanted her to himself

Between SD weeks ago and last week they have explained everyone's motivations and why they did what they did.

I have 0 idea of what this even says

why hook her up with dolph then? How much tag team worK did they do after that? It was still a distraction. They were barely in the ring after that.

the very best friends protect your from yourself.

and the rushed kiss at the end was unnecessary when they’ve still barely spoken to each other besides pleasantries on sd.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From top to bottom:

Charlotte/Ripley:4*
Otis/Zigler: 4*
Black/Lashley: 3*
Edge/Orton:5*
Tag titles: 3.5*
Womans title:4.5*
Firefly Funhouse match:-5*
Universal Championship:4*

Yeah no thanks.

ABOMINATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From top to bottom:

Charlotte/Ripley:4*
Otis/Zigler: 4*
Black/Lashley: 3*
Edge/Orton:5*
Tag titles: 3.5*
Womans title:4.5*
Firefly Funhouse match:-5*
Universal Championship:4*

Yeah no thanks.

ABOMINATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you are a very generous grader.

Orton/Edge was a 5.

I’m not sure anything else is above 3.75 stars for me. I would’ve rather given the 15 Minutes of the tag and black matches to the abomination of a main event...that we just saw the night before....

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes. It was sports entertainment. Not pro wrestling.

I don't get the NWO...doens't mean I didn't love it.

I literally LOL'd when McBossman said "This is some good shit"

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My ratings:

Charlotte/Ripley:3.75* (5 psychology, 3 for action and innovation. Slight deduction from Ripley acting more injured than Nancy Kerrigan)

Otis/Zigler: 2* (this was a bad match with a rushed payoff)

Black/Lashley: 2.5* (honestly for a match with no story this was fine. But it was a RAW match. The extra half star is for potential breakup of Lana/Lashley)

Edge/Orton:5* (5 stars...nothing else needs to be said).

Tag titles: 2* (it was too short to even make sense to have on the card, and i docked it for Belaire's unnecessary addition)

Womans title: 3* (the best part of the match was how they booked Tamina and the believability of Lacey having a shot to win, even for a split second, the action was mediocre at best)

Firefly Funhouse match: INC (I'm still digesting this. I'm really not sure how to grade something like that...)

Universal Championship:1* (awful. Probably should be even lower since we just saw the exact same match the night before, it gets a full star solely for McIntyre having one of the best real life wrestlemania stories ever).

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that any kinda "hardcore" match is 5 star worthy when you have the your audience at the edge of their seat leaning in, I was literally doing that during Edge/Orton, and saying:

" Yeah use that"

" Uh-huh use this"

The only thing that I wanted from it is Edge Spearing Orton off of the production truck. Just imagine the WM moment that could have lived forever their.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that any kinda "hardcore" match is 5 star worthy when you have the your audience at the edge of their seat leaning in, I was literally doing that during Edge/Orton, and saying:

" Yeah use that"

" Uh-huh use this"

The only thing that I wanted from it is Edge Spearing Orton off of the production truck. Just imagine the WM moment that could have lived forever their.

Damn it, don't make think of ways to take points off....I mean, that might've literally killed someone, but that would've been so legendary.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn it, don't make think of ways to take points off....I mean, that might've literally killed someone, but that would've been so legendary.

Dummy's through the air shot. Shoot the ending early when Edge gets up at 9.5.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warning. Rant incoming! Rant incoming!

Internet wrestling fans are fucking morons!

Everything I read about Wrestlemania is "wahhh, wahhh, wahhh, they buried Rhea Ripley! Wahhh!"

Rhea Ripley led the NXT Women to a Survivor's Series team win over Raw and Smackdown at the same time. Ripley and Larae basically beat Team Shayna Baszler in a 2 against four handicap War Games Match with Ripley getting the pin. Ripley dethroned the unbeatable Baszler to win the NXT Women's Championship. Ripley scored a dominant clean win over Bianca Belair when she defended the title. Ripley lost at Wrestlemania to the most decorated female wrestler in the Women's Revolution Era.

Explain to me how she got "buried".

I have become sick and tired of the word "buried".

Let me educate all the people who abuse the word "buried". It's a match. Unless you have every match end in a draw, someone has to lose. Do you want every match to end in a tie? No? Then shut the fuck up with the crying about people having to lose a match!

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warning. Rant incoming! Rant incoming!

Internet wrestling fans are fucking morons!

Everything I read about Wrestlemania is "wahhh, wahhh, wahhh, they buried Rhea Ripley! Wahhh!"

Rhea Ripley led the NXT Women to a Survivor's Series team win over Raw and Smackdown at the same time. Ripley and Larae basically beat Team Shayna Baszler in a 2 against four handicap War Games Match with Ripley getting the pin. Ripley dethroned the unbeatable Baszler to win the NXT Women's Championship. Ripley scored a dominant clean win over Bianca Belair when she defended the title. Ripley lost at Wrestlemania to the most decorated female wrestler in the Women's Revolution Era.

Explain to me how she got "buried".

I have become sick and tired of the word "buried".

Let me educate all the people who abuse the word "buried". It's a match. Unless you have every match end in a draw, someone has to lose. Do you want every match to end in a tie? No? Then shut the fuck up with the crying about people having to lose a match!

they even gave her an out by saying flair damaged her knee on nxt before anyway.

flair had won like twice since November 2019.

Flair is the goat

rhea is the future.

But this is the present.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering Rollins won’t have AOP for while due to injury and Murphy apparently isn’t cleared...Rollins should’ve won his match.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a pretty neat breakdown of the Funhouse match. Click the tweet to follow the entire thread

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firefly Funhouse Match > Boneyard Match.

For one reason.

History between characters.

Cena and Wyatt have a long history dating all the way back to the Nexus. Cena even referenced the Husky Harris character in one of his promos. A gimmicky match like this requires that sort of long history.

For me, that's what was missing in the Boneyard Match. There is no history between Undertaker and Styles to justify a Boneyard Match. It was a gimmick match for the sake of a gimmick match. And that is just stupid, in my opinion.

When the Hardy's did their equivalent of this match, it worked because of who they are! Brother who have been together in this business since the later 90s.

For me, the Boneyard Match was meh. Not because of the kind of match it was. But because of the lack of any real story between the two guys going at it.