• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WR Signed Chris Matthews

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also would not be surprised if Seattle drafts defense 1st round (D-Line or CB). Thurmond could be gone and if Browner doesn't return that might leave us thin.

Don't forget the we red shirted Tharold Simon from last years draft. I think he makes a big, not huge, but big contribution next year.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't feel that this is necessarily the end to Tate. Personally, after I watched some of his highlights I instantly thought Tight End. He's too slow for the NFL at WR, but could be a great TE. So with that being said, my guess is he may be replacing Zach Miller.........just saying.

I don't know. He just doesn't have the size that comes with most TEs. Most TEs in the league land in the 255-265 pound area. So, he needs about another 30 pounds, and if he's this slow right now, how much would that affect him. This isn't even discussing whether he could be a threat as a blocker at the end of the line.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden Tate I see actually getting released. He doesn't have near the after field explosiveness of a Harvin, Baldwin has the better hands, and I feel that Kearse is a more legit #1 than Tate ever could be.

I dunno, Tate's name just never popped to my mind when the Hawks were in a critical situation.

3rd down: "Please find Baldwin..."
Deep Pass: "C'mon, hit Kearse!"
Desperate need of 1st down: "C'MON let's get some Miller/Wilson going!"

Screen opportunity: "Hm, Tate?" replaced by: "LOL Harvin"

Explosive playmaker: *crickets* replaced by: "LOL Harvin"

I just don't think there's any spot for him on this team. Seattle I could see as having a VERY unorthodox offense in that there is no Calvin Johnson/Brandon Marshall kind of receiver. Yah they are great to have, but Seattle's offense is so different in that it's run first and spread the ball around using playaction to setup large plays downfield which above average (if that) wide receivers can take advantage of should the defense bite.

Everyone has Seattle drafting WR this year but I just don't see it. I could see Tate, Rice gone, and Seattle continuing to stack decent enough receivers to run enough offense to win games, like they did this year.

Only position I think we draft 1st round offensively is line. Any other position would be defense IMO. That's where Seattle will look to make their savings. We didn't need crazy 1st round talent receivers this year, and we wont next year. Continue to keep the defense dominant, let Wilson make smart decisions going through a myriad of receivers (because Wilson actually progresses) and continue to build a deep backfield/line to keep the run game going.

I would be shocked if Seattle drafted WR in the first 2 rounds let alone make any play on one in FA after this year. And Harvin gave the ONE receiving threat Seattle needed to SOMEWHAT spread the field. Harvin is basically our unorthodox #1.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tate is good, it comes down to his market value and will it be to high.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets see if Pete was just over hyping Tate or if he meant what he was saying halfway through the season when he said Tate needed to get the ball more. I saw a article talking about how Pete was praising and talking about Tate but not so much Baldwin and the fact that teams were trying to trade for Baldwin last year. Sounds like ( sorry shark ) that Baldwin is going or is likely to be traded and Tate will stay.

I myself have always liked Baldwin better than Tate but Harvin plays Baldwins position not Tate's. Doesn't really matter but to be honest the only WR i see going is Rice with Tate and Baldwin signing back with the Hawks.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tate is good, it comes down to his market value and will it be to high.
maybe I'm wrong but I just don't see Tate's market value being all that high. He was technically our #2 receiver behind Sidney Rice, with Harvin as our slot guy but was considered the least talented guy of the bunch. Sure he had a pretty good year but still didn't get over 1,000 yards and only 5 TDs. I highly doubt a team will pull the trigger and give him #1 wide out money which makes him much cheaper. On top of that if he truly is willing to take a hometown discount, and does it on top of the fact that any money he makes here won't be taxed by the state, we should be able to resign him for around 3-4mil a year

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on that video, he does not have much quickness, or elusiveness. Basically he is good for jump balls, which will help our redzone and 3rd down conversion numbers. Also RW does like to throw the ball high and only give his guy a shot, so he could pay off in that regard. Just do not throw it to him short and expect any jukes or tackles being broken because the little kids he was playing in the video tackled him without a problem. ;)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe I'm wrong but I just don't see Tate's market value being all that high. He was technically our #2 receiver behind Sidney Rice, with Harvin as our slot guy but was considered the least talented guy of the bunch. Sure he had a pretty good year but still didn't get over 1,000 yards and only 5 TDs. I highly doubt a team will pull the trigger and give him #1 wide out money which makes him much cheaper. On top of that if he truly is willing to take a hometown discount, and does it on top of the fact that any money he makes here won't be taxed by the state, we should be able to resign him for around 3-4mil a year

If that is all it takes, I'm for resigning him.