• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WR Robby Anderson

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm another GM, this quote alone drives the price up a round, because you know they are looking to make a move.

The closer it got to 4pm, the more desperate they would have been to make a 'fun' move, which is why it probably blew up in everyone's faces. Other teams thought they could extract more, Eagles weren't willing to give up too many assets. Nobody budged.

Yep....thats exactly right. Spent my whole career negotiating things and Howie fucked up hard on this.

* Playing PT Barnum in the media....just shut up and work the phone.

* The trade with the Browns on deadline eve.....listen, that trade would have held one day. There is no way anyone else was willing to come close to even matching it. Hold that one for late on deadline day. Because the optics of overpaying (real or false) will always jack up asking prices.

All that said....clearly the Anderson 2nd round requirement was impacted by by Belicheck than Howie.....and I still say it wasn't worth a 2. So no foul there. But maybe something else could have worked out without the media bluster and overpaying the day before deadline.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep....thats exactly right. Spent my whole career negotiating things and Howie fucked up hard on this.

* Playing PT Barnum in the media....just shut up and work the phone.

* The trade with the Browns on deadline eve.....listen, that trade would have held one day. There is no way anyone else was willing to come close to even matching it. Hold that one for late on deadline day. Because the optics of overpaying (real or false) will always jack up asking prices.

All that said....clearly the Anderson 2nd round requirement was impacted by by Belicheck than Howie.....and I still say it wasn't worth a 2. So no foul there. But maybe something else could have worked out without the media bluster and overpaying the day before deadline.

Sanders to the 49ers didn't require a 2, but we're just arguing semantics at this point.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanders to the 49ers didn't require a 2, but we're just arguing semantics at this point.

I make no argument against that. And Sanders is a better player at current than Anderson. So there is perhaps less reason in the recent moves for the Jets to want a 2nd. So what was it? Could just simply be they want him and think they can re-sign him.

But I also don't discount my above mentioned Howie nonsense possibly having impact, maybe not with Anderson, but on other possible moves.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't argue with not giving up a 2nd rd pick for Anderson. A 4th? yes ... all day, but not a 2nd for a receiver who's not tied down past the end of this season. It was a mistake last year from Golden Tate and it would have been a mistake this year as well. Ditto Chris Harris ... and Harris has age against him as well as also not being signed past the end of the season. With half year rentals I would not give up any higher than a 4th. Patrick Pederson was another guy whom the Cardinals were seeking too much for ... I mean yes, he's been a great player, but the dude's pushing 30. They were looking for a 1st and 3rd ... just too much.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't argue with not giving up a 2nd rd pick for Anderson. A 4th? yes ... all day, but not a 2nd for a receiver who's not tied down past the end of this season. It was a mistake last year from Golden Tate and it would have been a mistake this year as well. Ditto Chris Harris ... and Harris has age against him as well as also not being signed past the end of the season. With half year rentals I would not give up any higher than a 4th. Patrick Pederson was another guy whom the Cardinals were seeking too much for ... I mean yes, he's been a great player, but the dude's pushing 30. They were looking for a 1st and 3rd ... just too much.

I feel like this league is really trying to create an exciting trade deadline like NBA and MLB have.

And it has gotten a lot more interesting. I just don’t think these team executives have figured out how to do it yet.

This year the sellers froze the fucking market dead with their unrealistic prices.

Now....the Tilab for cap space sell was very interesting and NBA like thought. That was cool. But that was IT yesterday.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All true Rey, but the shocking thing is that we should have gotten Leonard Williams. The Giants got him cheap, and we need a good DT.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All true Rey, but the shocking thing is that we should have gotten Leonard Williams. The Giants got him cheap, got him and we need a good DT.

Williams would still have to be resigned after the season and it's likely going to be a good sized contract. We still have Malik Jackson for two more years ... if we didn't have Malik in the picture I think they would have been more willing to give up picks. I don't think the Giants got him for too cheap ... it's for a 3rd and a 5th that can become a 4th for an expiring contract. Expiring contracts are valuable in the NBA, but not in the NFL :) It's going to be a hard pill to swallow for the Giants if they simply lose Williams in free agency.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Iggs didn’t even put a waiver claim in on josh Gordon. Interesting.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were the Eagles I would test the waters on Antonio Brown. No charges stuck and he's going to be released from the commissioner's exemption list. He's obviously no choir boy, but there's no legal issues holding him back from playing. He knows he can't screw up or he'll never play again in the NFL if there's any issues with the next team that signs him. Imagine putting DJax and Brown into the Offense?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with ya!
I want KJ Hamler next year in the 1st round! I know he's small, but he's not much smaller than DJAX. He has the same skill set.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were the Eagles I would test the waters on Antonio Brown. No charges stuck and he's going to be released from the commissioner's exemption list. He's obviously no choir boy, but there's no legal issues holding him back from playing. He knows he can't screw up or he'll never play again in the NFL if there's any issues with the next team that signs him. Imagine putting DJax and Brown into the Offense?

I just....can’t.

Although....I’m sure the league and Amazon would love him coming along to us while they are filming for All or Nothing.

And we’ve seen what how he becomes more of a fucking moron when there is a camera there.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he does, then just cut him! I see little downside to trying.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Rey:
Do you think that Kyle Pitts will declare for the draft in 2020? He's a local kid - Archbishop Wood in Warminster, my old stomping grounds. He'd look great as an Eagles receiving TE, don't 'ya think?

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he does, then just cut him! I see little downside to trying.

Following the same logic from my point of view....I see little upside in trying. Dude is a mess.

We wouldn’t even test out a waiver on Gordon....I don’t see this being a thing anyways. Everything I’ve been seeing from the team this week is they are fine. Dudes are coming off injuries. They will be fine.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wank:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Following the same logic from my point of view....I see little upside in trying. Dude is a mess.

We wouldn’t even test out a waiver on Gordon....I don’t see this being a thing anyways. Everything I’ve been seeing from the team this week is they are fine. Dudes are coming off injuries. They will be fine.
Pffft

The upside is having a go-to #1 WR that is always open, catches everything, and is uncoverable.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our Offense would be pretty much unstoppable if we get back a healthy DJax "and" add Antonio Brown. Throw DJax into the slot to replace for-who-for-what Agholor, replace Inviso-Man Mack Hollins with All Pro Antonio Brown to line up opposite Alshon Jeffery. Throw in our 2 stud TE's along with a good running game and we're off to the races scoring 30+ in every game. Pressure's off the Defense at that point and we're rolling into the playoffs. Bye week coming up would be the perfect time to get this done and Antonio would have 2 weeks to learn the playbook.