• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WR Robby Anderson

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th round pick in 2021, not next year.

Im a little puzzled by that. I mean nothing matters if this kid turns out well for us. And there’s a chance.

Apparently he did well as a rookie in Gregg Williams D with more width. But he hasn’t fit into the Browns new D scheme this year. So he could fit in well here, and the Eagles did covet him in the draft.

I’m just not sure what justifies a second year player whose been a healthy scratch all year with the Browns going for a full round higher pick than he was drafted on just last year. Stinks of a reach, and not Howie like....especially when the team will carry six DEs now. It wasn’t like one of those five was worth dumping. And they took further depth out of DT to make the move.

Again, all good if he pans out. I’m just scratching my head here.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Furthermore... there is surely chatter going on with the Jets. Whatever pick Howie is trying to talk them into I could totally see them coming back in the morning and wanting a full round higher. Bad negotiation vibes.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Traded a 2021 4th Rd pick for Cleveland DE Genard Avery. Really nice rookie season at End with good pressures and 4.5 Sacks. New coaching staff in 2019 preferred bigger Ends (he's 6'1" 250 lbs) so they moved him to LB where he's been inexplicably inactive mostly this season.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th round pick in 2021, not next year.

Im a little puzzled by that. I mean nothing matters if this kid turns out well for us. And there’s a chance.

Apparently he did well as a rookie in Gregg Williams D with more width. But he hasn’t fit into the Browns new D scheme this year. So he could fit in well here, and the Eagles did covet him in the draft.

I’m just not sure what justifies a second year player whose been a healthy scratch all year with the Browns going for a full round higher pick than he was drafted on just last year. Stinks of a reach, and not Howie like....especially when the team will carry six DEs now. It wasn’t like one of those five was worth dumping. And they took further depth out of DT to make the move.

Again, all good if he pans out. I’m just scratching my head here.

Traded a 2021 4th Rd pick for Cleveland DE Genard Avery. Really nice rookie season at End with good pressures and 4.5 Sacks. New coaching staff in 2019 preferred bigger Ends (he's 6'1" 250 lbs) so they moved him to LB where he's been inexplicably inactive mostly this season.

First, nice spider graph :
Screen_Shot_2019_10_28_at_3.11.15_PM.png

Second, if the Eagles get a 3rd or 4th round comp pick in 2021, it's pretty much a wash.
And if you look at their 4th round picks in the last 6 years.....
Matt Barkley
Mack Hollins
Donnell Pumphrey
Jaylen Watkins
Shareef Miller
Avonte Maddox

I'm ok with this.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles possibly looking at trading for WR Mike Evans from Tampa ... stay tuned.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contract isn't stupid. He's due a lot of money next season ($18.350 mil cap number), but will likely look to restructure as the last three years aren't guaranteed at all. It would eat about half of their current estimated space under next season's cap, as it currently stands.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sending a 5th to the Jets for Robby is a no brainer.

Only reason it's not done has to be because Howie is going for something bigger.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Evans would be super! Maybe that'
s why Howie said that they are gong to do some fun things!

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, nice spider graph :
Screen_Shot_2019_10_28_at_3.11.15_PM.png

Second, if the Eagles get a 3rd or 4th round comp pick in 2021, it's pretty much a wash.
And if you look at their 4th round picks in the last 6 years.....
Matt Barkley
Mack Hollins
Donnell Pumphrey
Jaylen Watkins
Shareef Miller
Avonte Maddox

I'm ok with this.

Undersized but speedy. Just the kind of end that is undervalued in the Browns current system but can possibly excel in a more wide system like ours. Good points on the past fourth rounders.

I’m just still stuck (probably irrationally) on how this could possibly hurt negotiation positions for anything they are trying to do today.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m sorry. I’m totally not buying into this until it’s done. Lol. Sounds like a pipe dream that the Bucs would be willing to move him. That’s a big fish.

And a nearly unstoppable guy. He is a stretch forward in cleats. Just put the ball up and he goes and gets it.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little more thought in Evans....

I wondered at first if this was some smoke to drive the price in Anderson down. But, that makes no sense.

Seems there have been a lot of calls on Big V. And we now have seven DEs, so I could see one of them (Curry?) being part of something. Linemen are always in vogue.

Howie is certainly up to something. He is positioning on something that will either be news today, or be a could have been story tomorrow.

Last thought....the Bucs do have an issue with Godwin coming up on FA and will need to get paid. That’s a lot of money for two WRs. Based on that, it’s a money issue and I could see any actual trade being for either receiver. And I would be fine with getting either one.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little more thought in Evans....

I wondered at first if this was some smoke to drive the price in Anderson down. But, that makes no sense.

Seems there have been a lot of calls on Big V. And we now have seven DEs, so I could see one of them (Curry?) being part of something. Linemen are always in vogue.

Howie is certainly up to something. He is positioning on something that will either be news today, or be a could have been story tomorrow.

Last thought....the Bucs do have an issue with Godwin coming up on FA and will need to get paid. That’s a lot of money for two WRs. Based on that, it’s a money issue and I could see any actual trade being for either receiver. And I would be fine with getting either one.

We also have to pay Alshon and DeSean next season.
I don't think we're going to get that kind of player.
More like a rental, then get the comp pick when they sign elsewhere.

Probably draft a speed WR with their extra picks in the 3rd and 4th next draft.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sorry. I’m totally not buying into this until it’s done. Lol. Sounds like a pipe dream that the Bucs would be willing to move him. That’s a big fish.

And a nearly unstoppable guy. He is a stretch forward in cleats. Just put the ball up and he goes and gets it.

It wouldn't be cheap, but you have to figure the Bucs are more than likely to move on from J Winston in the off season ... dude's a turnover machine and he's not gotten better. There's a few really good QB prospects in this draft and with just 2 wins on the season, the Bucs would be in prime position to snag QB early. Evans is great, but he's expensive for a team that will likely not be in contention for the next few seasons. If they can get a good haul from a team like the Eagles in exchange for Evans ... it helps them rebuild quicker and gives them extra assets in the draft.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alshon would more than likely be cut after the season if we were to bring in Evans. DJax is still signed for 2020.

downundermike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alshon would more than likely be cut after the season if we were to bring in Evans. DJax is still signed for 2020.

Even as a post June 1 cut next year there is no cap savings cutting Alshon. He is here through the end of next season,

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah....I was going to say they could part with Alshon. But they can’t next year. 26M in dead cap. Holy shit!

Jackson could be more easily parted with ($3.6M dead cap) but then he is actually huge cap savings in 2021.

Maybe Alshon is part of the trade, or a trade?