• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WR Robby Anderson

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is going to trade for Alshon, who isn't supposed to be the #1 on any team.
We need DeSean healthy or a viable option to plug in if he's not.
A 4th or 5th for Robbie Anderson would fill that need.

Possibly have DeSean on one side, Anderson on the other, and still run 2 TE and 1 RB.
If defenses play Cover 2, audible to run.
Anything less than Cover 2 and all kinds of options become available.

Then concentrate on DT and/or CB.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the cap hit if we were to cut Alshon in 2020 would be $10,184,500.00. Not really sure if trading him reduces that.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alshon Jeffery

Would Alshon have a dead cap value of $26M if he were cut in 2020?
Am I reading this right?
If they designate him as a post-June 1 cut, it's $15 million in dead cap, and a wash in terms of savings. Unlikely to happen.

They'd only see salary cap relief by trading him after June 1. It's almost certain he'll be back next season.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the cap hit if we were to cut Alshon in 2020 would be $10,184,500.00. Not really sure if trading him reduces that.

Aw shit. I was looking at this years numbers. You’re right. It’s $10M. And if a team wants to restructure him we can probably get out of at least some of that.

I’m just not sure if any team wants to extend him.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awfully quiet. At this point there is I’m either going to be a hell of a splash in the next 115 minutes....or nary a whimper.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, shocking. but no trade happened! Can hardly believe it. Howie better be right, rather than give up picks for nothing. :noidea:

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wah wah wah.....looks like nothing.

well....it’s a fucking weird trading season after some of the deals that went down earlier. Fuck it. Let’s roll.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the Jets plan to sign Anderson to a long term deal??? ... that's the only thing that makes sense. He's an UFA at the end of the year and clearly the Jets are not reaching the post season ... why on earth not get something for him while they can?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be an interesting interview with Howie later. This is his version of doing some fun things today? :lol:

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the Jets plan to sign Anderson to a long term deal??? ... that's the only thing that makes sense. He's an UFA at the end of the year and clearly the Jets are not reaching the post season ... why on earth not get something for him while they can?

It’s really weird. I guess Joe really wants to resign them before he hits the market. Oh well.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be an interesting interview with Howie later. This is his version of doing some fun things today? :lol:

Yeah....I don’t want my GM to be so aware of the chatter going around (missing in Ramsey, getting no other deals done the last few weeks) that he feels he needs to be fucking PT Barnum and send out shit like this. That wasn’t fun at all.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Word on the street was that was what the Jets were asking for Anderson. Also read somewhere that no one had offered better than a 4th.

Belichek fucked the market by trading a 2nd for Sanu.

Couple of thoughts :

1. Sanu has another year left which pays him $6.5M in 2020, so the Patriots traded a 2nd round pick to get him for the rest of 2019 and all of 2020.
2. Sanders and a 5th rounder was traded to SF for a 3rd and 4th round pick, but I think we can agree that Sanders>Robbie Anderson. Sanders is a one year rental as he is an UFA after this season. This would be a more appropriate comparison than Sanu.
3. I don't blame the Jets in asking for a 2nd rounder, maybe hoping that somebody offers a 3rd and call it a day. It just never happened. Maybe the Jets were too patient. Or maybe the Eagles read the market wrong.
4. If the Eagles were holding fast to offering nothing better than a 4th or 5th, then I don't blame the Jets. Don't see anything wrong in offering a 4th and a 6th, or something along those lines.
5. If Anderson leaves in FA and signs a decent deal, the Jets potentially receive a comp pick in the next draft
6. As Rey noted, maybe Anderson has a hand-shake deal with the Jets and they had to be bowled over to trade him

On the one hand, I'm okay with staying pat if there were no fair deal offers.
On the other hand, this staff doesn't have a strong track record with hitting on those mid-round pics.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of thoughts :

1. Sanu has another year left which pays him $6.5M in 2020, so the Patriots traded a 2nd round pick to get him for the rest of 2019 and all of 2020.
2. Sanders and a 5th rounder was traded to SF for a 3rd and 4th round pick, but I think we can agree that Sanders>Robbie Anderson. Sanders is a one year rental as he is an UFA after this season. This would be a more appropriate comparison than Sanu.
3. I don't blame the Jets in asking for a 2nd rounder, maybe hoping that somebody offers a 3rd and call it a day. It just never happened. Maybe the Jets were too patient. Or maybe the Eagles read the market wrong.
4. If the Eagles were holding fast to offering nothing better than a 4th or 5th, then I don't blame the Jets. Don't see anything wrong in offering a 4th and a 6th, or something along those lines.
5. If Anderson leaves in FA and signs a decent deal, the Jets potentially receive a comp pick in the next draft
6. As Rey noted, maybe Anderson has a hand-shake deal with the Jets and they had to be bowled over to trade him

On the one hand, I'm okay with staying pat if there were no fair deal offers.
On the other hand, this staff doesn't have a strong track record with hitting on those mid-round pics.

I think the Eagles had the value capped at a 4th. Now that can be debatable (vs offering a 3rd and seeing if they bite)

At the end of the day though...and from reading the news coming out of Adams tweets....I don’t think Joe had them in any kind of sell mode. I think he was fielding calls, setting high prices, and seeing who bowled him over. It seems to be catching some flack, but I think it was the right approach for the Jets GM. They are abysmal again, but it’s definitely not a slam dunk “tear it down” situation.

Based on all the dynamics I’m fine with us standing pat. A 2nd was also too much for a Chris Harris rental, for example.

Being historically bad at mid round picks shouldn’t fully justify over buying and using Day 2 or early Day 3 capital.

The only thing that continues to stink to me is the “we are going to do something fun” comment.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that continues to stink to me is the “we are going to do something fun” comment.

If I'm another GM, this quote alone drives the price up a round, because you know they are looking to make a move.

The closer it got to 4pm, the more desperate they would have been to make a 'fun' move, which is why it probably blew up in everyone's faces. Other teams thought they could extract more, Eagles weren't willing to give up too many assets. Nobody budged.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With our abysmal record of mid/late round picks, we should have made 1 or 2 moves, IMO. Robby could have been had, even if they compromised on a 2nd v.s a 4th. Maybe two 4ths in 2020/2021? All I know is that our receiving corps sucks, especially if DJAX is not 100% this year and next. Whatever, they'd better draft a stud WR in the first round, although I'm not holding my breath.

Eagles pass on making an NFL deadline day trade

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word on the street was that was what the Jets were asking for Anderson. Also read somewhere that no one had offered better than a 4th.

Belichek fucked the market by trading a 2nd for Sanu.

Yup, he did that shit on purpose too. Smart fucking man.