• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would You Think Patrick Mahomes Is Now The Face Of The NFL?

TheWordIsOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Super Bowl LIV last Sunday night, Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs have won the championship title against Jimmy Garoppolo and the San Francisco 49ers. They won by a final score of 31-20. The Chiefs have not won a Super Bowl in 50 years. I feel like head coach Andy Reid should feel proud of what they accomplished. This was the first Super Bowl he ever won. I don’t feel like Patrick Mahomes should be considered the face of the NFL just yet. Maybe he would be in the future if he starts a dynasty for Kansas City. I mean that by winning more championships for the Chiefs.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'd say he is the face of the NFL right now. He sells. Been to an AFCCG, came within maybe a coinflip of winning, then the next year he wins the SB and gets SB MVP. He's the Madden Cover. Whole 9 yards. Brady and Belichick, as rich as it is to say just a year removed, are kind of old news.

If he gets deified to the point of absurd and biblical proportions by the media ala Brady/Peyton is really up to the success of the team.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the face of the NFL but definitely the voice :suds:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lead story of the Super Bowl is the halftime show. I'd say Mahomes is a superstar but not at 'the face' level.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're in a "mid torch passing" period. Soon, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, etc. are gone. Then, it's all Mahomes.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's absolutely the face of the NFL now. He'll be the pic used for video games, ads and every promotion.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'd say he is the face of the NFL right now. He sells. Been to an AFCCG, came within maybe a coinflip of winning, then the next year he wins the SB and gets SB MVP. He's the Madden Cover. Whole 9 yards. Brady and Belichick, as rich as it is to say just a year removed, are kind of old news.

If he gets deified to the point of absurd and biblical proportions by the media ala Brady/Peyton is really up to the success of the team.

Well, Peyton was sort of blown up to that point before he ever got a ring or even reached the SB.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Peyton was sort of blown up to that point before he ever got a ring or even reached the SB.
Yeah, that's true! I kind of forget that because his college days were before my time. So that's not immediately obvious to me like to someone who observed it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was cool seeing Brady up there with Montana, Marino, Elway and Manning last night.

Mahomes and Wilson and maybe Jackson and Watson

No it wasn't! I mean how you doing? :heh:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was cool seeing Brady up there with Montana, Marino, Elway and Manning last night.

Mahomes and Wilson and maybe Jackson and Watkins

The photos they all took together were classic.

And yeah... Wilson for sure still has some time. Mahomes will be THE guy for a long time, IMO. I could see Burrow being great, though. We'll see if Watson takes the next step from "good" to "great". Jackson is such a weird animal. I sort of have to see how the follow up season goes. I don't know how sustainable that all is in Baltimore. Just because I've never seen anything like it. lol

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Super Bowl LIV last Sunday night, Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs have won the championship title against Jimmy Garoppolo and the San Francisco 49ers. They won by a final score of 31-20. The Chiefs have not won a Super Bowl in 50 years. I feel like head coach Andy Reid should feel proud of what they accomplished. This was the first Super Bowl he ever won. I don’t feel like Patrick Mahomes should be considered the face of the NFL just yet. Maybe he would be in the future if he starts a dynasty for Kansas City. I mean that by winning more championships for the Chiefs.
He’s as much the ‘face’ as anyone. The guy is an incredible talent, by all accounts a team player and nice guy off the field. The NFL lionized QBs and lets be honest that the ruling class is turning over. Brady, Brees, Eli, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Rivers- are all on their way out. If you want to tell easily who is being promoted, just see who is in most of the national ad campaigns and who the analysts make frequent mention of.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mahomes and Wilson and maybe Jackson and Watson

Even funnier seeing Brady steal the spotlight from Jimmy G with his Hulu commercial... :)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's true! I kind of forget that because his college days were before my time. So that's not immediately obvious to me like to someone who observed it.

Yeah, zero recollection of his college days. My first memory of Peyton is being a little kid during his rookie year and my dad telling me that this QB was going to be really good. But he threw like 4 INT's in the game. lol

But he became a golden boy FAST. Probably too fast. Then, 04 was a big one. He set all of those single season passing records. He just kept having these disasters turn up the playoffs. A regular season GOD and just fell apat so often in January. There were many talks of him winding up like Marino.

... but playing Rex Grossman in your first Super Bowl will really help you out in avoiding that.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The photos they all took together were classic.

And yeah... Wilson for sure still has some time. Mahomes will be THE guy for a long time, IMO. I could see Burrow being great, though. We'll see if Watson takes the next step from "good" to "great". Jackson is such a weird animal. I sort of have to see how the follow up season goes. I don't know how sustainable that all is in Baltimore. Just because I've never seen anything like it. lol

I'm with you with Jackson, time will tell and can't wait to see how Burrows does in the NFL. He just had the best single season I have ever seen a QB have, but NFL is a different animal with talent, speed and size

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep..The NFL will ride him until the next POC quarterback takes his place...

If a White Head Coach wins the Super Bowl, he better have a Black quarterback to counter weight it.

LIV?

Scoreboard.

Watch and see if the Patriots don't get a Super Bowl sniff until Brady is replaced with Michael Vick 2.0 or Belichick takes a powder for Jarod Mayo...

kkcuv5sht6dtoilfuwkw.jpg

Here’s Who Jay Glazer Thinks Will Be Bill Belichick’s Patriots Successor

Otherwise, Patriots will be scandalized and over penalized to keep them out of the Super Duper Bowl.