• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you be comfortable with this starting RB set?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When should I draft a wr2?

Kinda depends right? Look, if you get some crazy values falling your way in the early rounds (say Jimmy falls to you towards the end of the 2nd) are you gonna pass that up? It's good to go in with a plan but you have to be open to changing on the fly. In my keeper this year I'm keeping Foster and Martin. It would make sense for me to draft my WR1 in the first round right? In all of the mocks I've been running almost every single time BPA is a RB! That's taking into consideration all of the keepers the other 12 teams are keeping. Gotta change on the fly my man,

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm concerned about Martin's RBBC situation and Foster, his health.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When should I draft a wr2?

There is no correct answer. It depends on flow, like Sam said.

I think the biggest issue is that you are approaching your draft with the idea that you must have an elite QB and then you have to get a top 4 TE also. I am not saying that it is a bad idea to draft those players, but you are not getting good values on them and that kills you everywhere else.

For example, I would not consider one of the QBs until the top 20 or so position players are off the board. As for the TEs, unless you are getting Graham in the 2nd or Gronk in the 4th, I don't really see a great value there either. It is just too easy to find quality players at QB and TE later in the draft. Those studs offer advantages at their positions but they simply are not as great as you think and the price you pay is with a draft like this.

In a perfect world, I will have 3 RBs and 2 WRs in the first 5 rounds, but if the right value presents itself at QB or TE I might pull the trigger. If Brees or Rodgers fell to round 3 (they won't), I would take them. After that, there is not another QB I would draft until at least round 6 because the gap between QB 4 and QB 15 is relatively insignificant.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm concerned about Martin's RBBC situation and Foster, his health.
Either Martin has a bounce back this year or he's pretty much toast. I wasn't too concerned about Foster's health (after all, he took half a year off) but I have to admit all this missing practice (although it could mean nothing) has given me some concern.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Rodgers as my keeper so I already have an elite QB. But I cannot deal with a qb giving me 15 points in a game.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So lets say I draft Cobb in rd 3 and in rd 6 I draft Wayne, and in rd 8 I draft Watkins, Decker, Maclin, or TWill. Maybe if he's there in 8th Cooks. I'd have Cobb, Wayne, Watkins or Cooks with Boykin and Jennings riding the bench.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Rodgers as my keeper so I already have an elite QB. But I cannot deal with a qb giving me 15 points in a game.
Ok, so does everybody have to have a keeper? When do you have to declair your keeper? I mean, you should have a shot at a pretty damn good pick in the second round....................just for shits and giggles, do you have any other players that are keeper worthy other than Rodgers?

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Bell.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we all agree that the trio of Manning, Brees & Rodgers are the best at the QB position.

But I think this is the point that tlance and Sam are trying to make: As good as the trio are, they're only about 8 to 10 points better per week than the QB that rank 4-12. That may seem like a huge drop off in points, but the drop off for the RB and WR is worse and less predictable. That's why many owners would rather draft the top RB and WR because the 4-12 ranked QB are generally more steady.

Not that I'm trying to put words in tlance or Sam's reasoning.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all agree that the trio of Manning, Brees & Rodgers are the best at the QB position.

But I think this is the point that tlance and Sam are trying to make: As good as the trio are, they're only about 8 to 10 points better per week than the QB that rank 4-12. That may seem like a huge drop off in points, but the drop off for the RB and WR is worse and less predictable. That's why many owners would rather draft the top RB and WR because the 4-12 ranked QB are generally more steady.

I'm not sure why you guys continue to waste electrons providing solid advise. .... he's only wants to hear someone, anyone say he's on the right track.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I'm on the fence with the Bell over Rodgers part though................but I really like Bell! (Damn that Blount guy anyway!) BTW, if you were to get the first pick you could redraft whoever you throw back. Hell, you might be able to get him back with the 3rd or 4th too...........

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see a successful NO RB strategy draft... They have been talking about the strategy non stop on the Fantasy football shows on Sirius radio... Just would like to see the RBs they were able to get doing this strategy...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see a successful NO RB strategy draft... They have been talking about the strategy non stop on the Fantasy football shows on Sirius radio... Just would like to see the RBs they were able to get doing this strategy...

I think it all depends on situation. The strategy is geared toward expert leagues though. In standard leagues, people generally draft QBs and WRs earlier so the values you get by going away from RBs early will not be nearly as good. The downside though, if you do not take an RB in the first 2 rounds of an expert league, then you better hit some lottery tickets.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Had a guy basically do that in 2006 in our money league. .P. Manning(1st pick overall-almost 4400 and 31tds, Harrison, Owens, and Holt (all double digit TD's and 11k+), then he found guys like Willie Parker, Duce McAlister and Marion Barber who all had 10+ TD'S. He slaughtered everyone that year. Tried it again the next year, came in dead last.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it all depends on situation. The strategy is geared toward expert leagues though. In standard leagues, people generally draft QBs and WRs earlier so the values you get by going away from RBs early will not be nearly as good. The downside though, if you do not take an RB in the first 2 rounds of an expert league, then you better hit some lottery tickets.

Ha..well I consider our MBBRL an expert league, and even though I had a high pick and snagged Charles, by the time it got back to me I was more or less forced into a "Charles and no other RB's" strategy, could've ended up worse I guess! :suds:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a guy basically do that in 2006 in our money league. .P. Manning(1st pick overall-almost 4400 and 31tds, Harrison, Owens, and Holt (all double digit TD's and 11k+), then he found guys like Willie Parker, Duce McAlister and Marion Barber who all had 10+ TD'S. He slaughtered everyone that year. Tried it again the next year, came in dead last.

Well, as in every strategy, a little luck is needed(more of a reason to Draft the QB with a horseshoe on his helmet)... I mean this season i am looking at for the Zero RB strategy the best RBs to be stevan Ridley, lamar miller, pierre thomas... I dont think i would mind having two of those if my WRs and TE are Calvin,AJ green,Julius thomas, and pierre garçon.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if I were to attempt that strategy. .I would want the big advantage that comes with Graham at TE, over the relatively small one CJohnson brings to the table. . Then hopefully grab Dez/AJ/Marshall in the second. . Better dammed well have a strong QB too

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if I were to attempt that strategy. .I would want the big advantage that comes with Graham at TE, over the relatively small one CJohnson brings to the table. . Then hopefully grab Dez/AJ/Marshall in the second. . Better dammed well have a strong QB too

Well, your not gonna get Rodgers brees or manning with those WRs, TE...

But i would be happy with Jay cutler as my number one and McCown as my 2...

in fact that is my plan on QB... Cutler is going to be huge as long as he is healthy... I mean he does have marshall and alshon... and by the time he goes down, McCown should be Loving his TB WRs...

of course i would rather have Ryan, Kaep, than cutler but not sure if i want to pay for them in the 5th,6th round, when Cutler is so similar when healthy...