• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst QB you have ever seen play

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I remember those O-lines the Bears had in the 80's, and they were a TON better than those craptastic Lions' O-lines. The Lions completely neglected the OL. The only first-round pick they ever used on an OL during Barry's tenure was Jeff Hartings, and they were only teammates 4 years. I think the highest pick they ever used on a tackle was 2nd-rounder Juan freekin' Roque, and he was a bust.

There was Aaron Gibson AKA the blob for 1999 only, but he was a bust too.

Mike Utley and the one that was hit and killed by a drunk driver while gardening say different. Just pisspoor luck on the Oline for the Lions.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have to be pretty bad to be worse than Pete, Mitchell & Batch. That's atrocious.

And I remember those O-lines the Bears had in the 80's, and they were a TON better than those craptastic Lions' O-lines. The Lions completely neglected the OL. The only first-round pick they ever used on an OL during Barry's tenure was Jeff Hartings, and they were only teammates 4 years. I think the highest pick they ever used on a tackle was 2nd-rounder Juan freekin' Roque, and he was a bust.

There was Aaron Gibson AKA the blob for 1999 only, but he was a bust too.

:jaw:

The Lions had multiple pro bowlers on the offensive line during Barry's time there, they also had the first duo WR's to go over 100 catches. Not to mention if you really think about it it didn't matter what kind of line he had he never followed a block, he bounced around and more times than any back ever lost yards. I understand the homer deal loving Barry but as someone who watched his entire career he is not in the same league as Mr. Payton...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions had multiple pro bowlers on the offensive line during Barry's time there, they also had the first duo WR's to go over 100 catches. Not to mention if you really think about it it didn't matter what kind of line he had he never followed a block, he bounced around and more times than any back ever lost yards. I understand the homer deal loving Barry but as someone who watched his entire career he is not in the same league as Mr. Payton...

Lomas Brown was pretty good. (Excellent). And he likes Scott Mitchell as much as I do. (Also not a teammate of The Blob, in Detroit anyway). I don't think there's actually a GOAT at RB. (Is this the fourth time we've been involved in this?) There are 5 or 6 a cut above though, IMO.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

:confused2: The homer deal??? I'm a 49er fan. And "multiple pro bowlers" doesn't equal good offensive lines in Barry's tenure. His OLs were terrible. And they never even gave him a full back until his last year in the league (when he rushed for 2000 yards).

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:confused2: The homer deal??? I'm a 49er fan. And "multiple pro bowlers" doesn't equal good offensive lines in Barry's tenure. His OLs were terrible. And they never even gave him a full back until his last year in the league (when he rushed for 2000 yards).

The homer thing wasnt directed towards you, their line wasn't "terrible" point being his offense was much better than Walter's... QB's, WR's and O-line...

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The homer thing wasnt directed towards you, their line wasn't "terrible" point being his offense was much better than Walter's... QB's, WR's and O-line...

Wow lots of excuses for Walter back then shoes weighed 100lbs. each and the nfl would fine you for averaging 5 yac :nod:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst ever has to be the new BSU quarterback.. But on a pro level, probably Rick Mirer.