• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst GM in MLB?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Major League Baseball Is About To Get Random

This could read like 2010, 2012 or 2014.

Same situation for the giants.
While the 10, 12 and 14 teams had holes, none had the glaring hole this team has. The 16 bully is very flawed, and the bully is too important to playoff baseball to have as a weakness.

The Giants have probably the #2 rotation in the playoffs, and a solid defense (OF is not spectacular, but it is relatively error-free). Offense is hot/cold, but lacks pop (in a pretty major way).

If I were one of the other teams, I would not want to face the Giants because of recent history, but I don't have tons of confidence this year.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While the 10, 12 and 14 teams had holes, none had the glaring hole this team has. The 16 bully is very flawed, and the bully is too important to playoff baseball to have as a weakness.

The Giants have probably the #2 rotation in the playoffs, and a solid defense (OF is not spectacular, but it is relatively error-free). Offense is hot/cold, but lacks pop (in a pretty major way).

If I were one of the other teams, I would not want to face the Giants because of recent history, but I don't have tons of confidence this year.

OF defense is fairly weak this year IIRC. Pence dropped off in particular I believe.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OF defense is fairly weak this year IIRC. Pence dropped off in particular I believe.
Pence has made some questionable plays, but Span over Pagan is a big upgrade in center and Pagan is a semi-decent LFer (not good, mind you).

Unfortunately, though, the OF is a pasta salad, with all those noodles.