• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst GM in MLB?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He more than made up Kimbrell with the grand slam he got for him.

Shields...yeah probably should've sold him earlier.

Upton....yeah you took the 24th overall pick in the draft over Micahel Fulmer. Nice call.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still weird thinking about this time 4 years ago I wanted Dayton Moore's head on a platter and then some. Hard for me to get after a GM too much ever again after that.
Most Giants fans were in the same place regarding Sabean entering the '10 season.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most Giants fans were in the same place regarding Sabean entering the '10 season.

Sabean has some kind of luck to keep beating these clearly better teams.

It's straight up Black Magic.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why you have Stewart as a choice. He has had the position for less than a year & has guided his team from a 64 win season to an around .500 season.

LOL, still.

Stewart's additions to the team, both in the offseason & during the season, have directly contributed to team's improvement. He added to the rotation & moved out players like Didi & Trumbo. What that did was give the team a stockpile of arms & clear out the lineup for younger players.

LMAO

Sure, Stewart should be mocked for the Toussant trade. But the majority of the hate that comes his way is from the sabermetric crowd. Most of that crowd predicted a last place 65 win season this year & have been proven wrong.

Stewart had to clean up KT's mess while trying to field a team that can compete. I think he has done a decent job in his first season as a GM.

Well the Diamondbacks are now in the market for a more analytics-driven regime.

You have some true hatred for Dave Stewart. Just let the dbacks suck for another year or two before you judge him.

What say you, now?

I'm not a fan of giving up Ender in that Miller deal, but I can live with Swanson and Blair. Let's not forgot Miller isn't some RA Dickey (aging SP about to hit FA) he's only 25, has a good track record and has 3 years left of control.

Oh, geez.

========================

If hindsight is 20/20, what's the prescription for homer goggles?

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that was with Pollack and a typical Miller year. That's like double digit wins lost just from those 2 situations.

Yup. Pollock was a 6+ WAR player in 2015 and ~7 WAR from 2013-14 (212 games). He's been worth 0.4 this year (in 12 games). There's a pretty big disparity in WAR for Inciarte. BB-Ref has him at 5.3 wins in 2015. Even if you by Fangraphs, Inciarte was still a 3.3 win player in 2015. Shelby's been worth 0.5.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Pollock was a 6+ WAR player in 2015 and ~7 WAR from 2013-14 (212 games). He's been worth 0.4 this year (in 12 games). There's a pretty big disparity in WAR for Inciarte. BB-Ref has him at 5.3 wins in 2015. Even if you by Fangraphs, Inciarte was still a 3.3 win player in 2015. Shelby's been worth 0.5.

They were pretty comparable in 2015 though...but still...never would've traded a guy like what. Maybe Brito. But not the guy who is already on your team if you're trying to win.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were pretty comparable in 2015 though...but still...never would've traded a guy like what. Maybe Brito. But not the guy who is already on your team if you're trying to win.

Not only that, but there's always some level of uncertainty with starting pitchers. We've seen plenty of "reliable" starters flame out.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sabean has some kind of luck to keep beating these clearly better teams.

It's straight up Black Magic.

Go to the Giants board and say something like that. They'll piss down their legs.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go to the Giants board and say something like that. They'll piss down their legs.
:Cry:

Go into your neighbors house and take a dump on his living room floor. I am sure you would be surprised that he would be pissed at you.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go into your neighbors house and take a dump on his living room floor. I am sure you would be surprised that he would be pissed at you.

You guys are a bunch of pussies. It's the internets, toughen up, kid.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I stand by my comment.

There's no logical way this should've happened. They've never been remotely close to the best team.

But that's also part of what makes the baseball playoffs fun.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand by my comment.

There's no logical way this should've happened. They've never been remotely close to the best team.

But that's also part of what makes the baseball playoffs fun.
Regular season is totally different from playoff baseball. I like that aspect.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regular season is totally different from playoff baseball. I like that aspect.

I do and I don't.

I love the unpredictability.

I hate how teams can use their bullpens literally twice as much.

And i hate the long breaks in between series.

Game 1 in 2014 should've been on Saturday night. Then the giatns could've only used Mad bum game 3 at the earliest.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the one crying about getting slammed.

Crying? About "being slammed?" So, not only are you a sensitive twat, but you also have a tenuous grasp on what goes on around you. That has to be tough to live with.

For your edification, I wasn't crying about anything. I indicated that folks on the Giants boards were bitches. Then you, as if on cue, showed up to illustrate my point.

I ventured onto the Giants board once, and here's what I said, and the comment I was responding to:

And even the ring year trio, we were never the overwhelming Godzilla team storming into the playoffs (Cubs now, Yankees in the 90s)....instead the underdog in every series, but then handling our shit.

I'll definitely agree with that. In fact, I'll take it a step further and say that in none of the recent SF championship years were they the best team in baseball, and a strong case could be made that in at least one of the years, they were the worst team to make the playoffs.

Pretty innocuous observation I made there, but given the way you cunts reacted, I'd have thought I not only walked into your houses and shat on your living room floors, but also slapped your kids and fucked your wives.

Bunch of twats over there, just like the Seattle boards. You bitches couldn't slam a hair-lipped, one-armed kid in wheelchair.

Last edited:

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do and I don't.

I love the unpredictability.

I hate how teams can use their bullpens literally twice as much.

And i hate the long breaks in between series.

Game 1 in 2014 should've been on Saturday night. Then the giatns could've only used Mad bum game 3 at the earliest.

I love the playoffs. One just needs to remember that they're not an infallible way to identify the best team in any given season.

They're about drama for the fans, and money for MLB, and I think they deliver both in spades.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the playoffs. One just needs to remember that they're not an infallible way to identify the best team in any given season.

They're about drama for the fans, and money for MLB, and I think they deliver both in spades.

Absolutely agreed on that account.