• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst Front Office/Coaches in NFL History?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they are. You can't change history to suit one's needs. The Browns moved to Baltimore and became the Ravens. They came up with a new team for Cleveland and it might not even have been named the Browns.

Change history to suit one's needs, who's done that? Saying if the Ravens were really the Browns then Jim Brown would be the teams all time leading rusher isn't changing something, it's stating a fact.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to trot out Daniel Sndyer, Cerrato, Jim Zorn but I think that Detroit trifacta has me beat.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today : Cleveland Browns hands down / though 49ers are gaining ground

90's - Philly

80's - Tampa Bay

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Change history to suit one's needs, who's done that? Saying if the Ravens were really the Browns then Jim Brown would be the teams all time leading rusher isn't changing something, it's stating a fact.
The Ravens were once the Browns. It's a true fact.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens were once the Browns. It's a true fact.

I never said otherwise. But unlike other teams that have relocated (like the Colts as an example) the Browns got to keep their original name & franchise history. When the Colts were moved outta town overnight their entire history went w/ them to Indy. That's why Peyton broke all of Johnny U's Colts passing records. Again the Browns history didn't follow the Ravens to Baltimore, that's my point. And that's why I said if that would have happened Jim Brown would be the teams all time leading rusher & Paul Brown would be the Ravens winningest HC.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said otherwise. But unlike other teams that have relocated (like the Colts as an example) the Browns got to keep their original name & franchise history. When the Colts were moved outta town overnight their entire history went w/ them to Indy. That's why Peyton broke all of Johnny U's Colts passing records. Again the Browns history didn't follow the Ravens to Baltimore, that's my point. And that's why I said if that would have happened Jim Brown would be the teams all time leading rusher & Paul Brown would be the Ravens winningest HC.
True. I followed that whole BS scene due to many of the 9ers' FO moving there. Cleveland didn't even have a name for the new team yet. They decided to name them the Browns again. Cursed for all eternity for doing so.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. I followed that whole BS scene due to many of the 9ers' FO moving there. Cleveland didn't even have a name for the new team yet. They decided to name them the Browns again. Cursed for all eternity for doing so.

Cleveland never wanted a new name for the team though. They wanted to keep their original name & original team history. Which they were able to do. And being a 49ers fan I wouldn't talk shit about bad teams. S.F. is barely better than the Clowns right now.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having Spagnuolo and the GM before Snead was worse for the Rams.

Kroenke...depends. He is a traitor but from a mathematical standpoint he is bringing the Rams to more people than he is screwing.

Last edited:

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland never wanted a new name for the team though. They wanted to keep their original name & original team history. Which they were able to do. And being a 49ers fan I wouldn't talk shit about bad teams. S.F. is barely better than the Clowns right now.
That's where I started....the 9ers have the worst current owners and FO in history IMO. The Browns I know stole the history back. Pathetic really but whatever keeps that hope alive.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's where I started....the 9ers have the worst current owners and FO in history IMO. The Browns I know stole the history back. Pathetic really but whatever keeps that hope alive.

I gotta disagree w/ you. I think the Browns owner (Haslam) is the worst owner in the league. And the FO is just as dysfunctional & clueless as the owner. And I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that binds all of the teams is wasting draft capitol. Lions had all of the Millen picks. Browns, Rams and Jaguars have blown an insane number of picks. Niners got rid of a top 5 coach so maybe they get an honorable mention.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta disagree w/ you. I think the Browns owner (Haslam) is the worst owner in the league.he And the FO is just as dysfunctional & clueless as the owner. And I don't see that changing anytime soon.
The Yorks are by far the worst current owners.They only care about what wine is being served at the empty stadium. They have no clue how to a sports team of any kind.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are probably a few combinations from the Lions Matt Millen era that could give that crew a run for their money.

Millen - GM
Marinelli - Head Coach
Ford - Owner

0-16! You can only tie the record!

We take this one easily ... The Lions under Matt Millen were 31-84 and had he finished the 2008 (he should be given credit for all the 2008 losses) season he would have been 31-97. Never had a winning season from 2001-2008 which included 0 - 16 season.

lions-thanksgiving-2005-fire-millen.jpg

You can also include the ownership under William Clay Ford I & II. The Lions have won one playoff game since 1957 - no other team in professional sports can match that. Things are looking up with 91 year old Martha Ford running the team. She at least got the team cheerleaders.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We take this one easily ... The Lions under Matt Millen were 31-84 and had he finished the 2008 (he should be given credit for all the 2008 losses) season he would have been 31-97. Never had a winning season from 2001-2008 which included 0 - 16 season.

lions-thanksgiving-2005-fire-millen.jpg

You can also include the ownership under William Clay Ford I & II. The Lions have won one playoff game since 1957 - no other team in professional sports can match that. Things are looking up with 91 year old Martha Ford running the team. She at least got the team cheerleaders.
Another failure from the 9ers....

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why would the Ravens want to relive their shitty history as the Browns when they're been one of the top franchises since the move to Baltimore?

Burn it to the ground, and just pretend you never played in Cleveland. I think any team would do the same thing.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
William Clay Ford was so dumb that his family kicked him out of the family auto business. He wasn't allowed to have anything to do with the car company. So they bought him a football team to keep him busy, a ream that had won or contended for the title for a decade. He owned that team for 50 years and won a grand total of one playoff game. He died and his own wife took over and the team made the playoffs.

Matt Millen. Enough said.

Marty Morningwheg once won the toss in sudden death overtime and chose the wind, letting the other team have the ball first. In sudden death. (Of course the other team took the ball and kicked a field goal first possession to win the game.)

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the Ravens want to relive their shitty history as the Browns when they're been one of the top franchises since the move to Baltimore?

Burn it to the ground, and just pretend you never played in Cleveland. I think any team would do the same thing.
they didnt the nfl wouldnt let them:suds:

The Ravens were established in 1996, when Art Modell, who was then the owner of the Cleveland Browns, announced plans to relocate the franchise from Cleveland, Ohio to Baltimore.[5] As part of a settlement between the league and the city of Cleveland, Modell was required to leave the Browns' heritage in Cleveland for a replacement team and replacement personnel that would take control in 1999 including the history and records of the Browns. In return, he was allowed to take his own personnel and team to Baltimore, where such personnel would then form an expansion team.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Rams Spagnuolo did go 10-38 with the Rams and he inherited a team that went 5-27 the previous 2 seasons. So thats a stretch of 15-65 before Jeff Fisher.

Jaguars are on a 16-61 skid over a similar stretch.

Browns are currently in a 3-26 stretch so they have a chance to be pretty historically awful. I think if the Browns dont bounce back next year to at least 6-10 then they'd get my vote for worst all time.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suggest that the Rams of 2016 had the worst combination of ownership, front office and coaches in NFL history, to wit:

Kroenke: Worst owner in the NFL and rapidly garnering a reputation as the worst owner in all of sports.
- Janoris Jenkins: Rams Players Not Allowed to Talk to, Look at Stan Kroenke
Demoff: COO and Exec. VP for Football Operations (whose father happens to be Fisher's agent)
- A non-football person who tries to run the team his way.
- Rams record under him: 41-82-1
- On 11/29, defended Fisher by saying he had done a "model job" as coach
- Rams Demoff goes 50 shades of stupid in Fisher assessment
- Stephen A. rips Rams COO for praising Jeff Fisher - ESPN Video

Les Snead: General manager who came in with Fisher. 'Nuff said.

Fisher: Losingest coach in NFL history

Boras: Offensive coordinator and apparent architect of the "middle school offense."
- Worst offense in the NFL.

So, do you agree that this is the worst such hierarchy in NFL history?

I'd be on board with the Kroenke vote. He might not be the worst owner in the NFL alone, but factor in that he also owns the worst NHL team and one of the worst NBA teams of all time and that makes him the worst owner in sports.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be on board with the Kroenke vote. He might not be the worst owner in the NFL alone, but factor in that he also owns the worst NHL team and one of the worst NBA teams of all time and that makes him the worst owner in sports.
He also owns a soccer team that has a fanbase that calls him out for being too cheap to compete