• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: World Series preview? Rangers at Wrigley to play the Cubs 7/15-7/17

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a better thought that Banny and JD want to give him every chance to suceed before dfa'ing him. idk

True such a huge investment requires prudence. Still wish he batted lower in lineup and hope this is only start against Cubs. But at some point, if the well is empty it is empty. The contract though now should be considered a sunk cost. The question is whether there is still MLB talent left in the tank

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If JD says play him then Banny plays him offense or defense. The question is, does JD do that?
That doesn't sound like JD though. I remember once he told Wash to move Kinsler down in the lineup and Wash told us it wasn't his idea. That makes me think since Wash mentioned it then that that was the only time it happened when Wash was here. That leads me to think it is in extremely rare circumstances that JD would do it. I kinda wish he would tell Banny to bench Prince though.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will get em' tomorrow.........Yu time:clap:

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is a train wreck right now. We are losing games by lopsided scores. Having Lewis out hurts a lot and that was on top of Darvish already being out. Plus Choo makes a big difference in the lineup and he cannot stay healthy. Then the Prince Moreland or Mitch Fielder tandem has been so bad that both of them should be sitting on the bench not just one of them. And on top of it we lost two game where we had a 3 run lead and a 4 run lead. You would hope coming out of the break we would have seen a rejuvenated team but this team looks terrible right now. And I am sick and tired of Banny and whoever else of freezing guys who are HOT and playing guys who are NOT.

This team will either turn out like the 2010 team or the 2012 team.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's why the Cubs' win over Rangers on Friday was a total troll job
Three pitchers the Cubs used came from the Rangers in trades, but that's not all

As if losing 6-0 isn't rough enough, Rangers fans and possibly the front office likely had a tough time with Friday's loss to the Cubs.

To start, Ryan Dempster threw out the ceremonial first pitch. Remember, the Cubs traded Dempster to the Rangers in 2012. In 12 starts with Texas, Dempster posted a 5.09 ERA. The team would lose the AL Wild Card Game, and Dempster signed with Boston the following offseason.

The Rangers gave up minor leaguers Christian Villanueva and Kyle Hendricksfor Dempster's 12 starts.

It just so happened that Hendricks started for the Cubs on Friday, and he was brilliant. In six scoreless innings, Hendricks allowed only three hits and lowered his ERA to 2.41 on the season. Heading into Friday night's action, only Clayton Kershaw and Madison Bumgarner have a better ERA. Seriously, Hendricks ranks third in all of baseball.

View attachment 137938
Kyle Hendricks ranks third in ERA among MLB starters. USATSI

So that's a gut punch, but it doesn't end there.

In 2013, the Cubs sent Matt Garza to the Rangers, where he made 13 starts and pitched to a 4.38 ERA. The Rangers missed the playoffs by losing a one-game playoff to the Rays. In return for that, the Rangers sent Mike Olt, Neil Ramirez, Carl Edwards Jr. and Justin Grimm to the Cubs.

Though Olt and Ramirez are no longer with the Cubs, Edwards and Grimm are.

Edwards took over for Hendricks and worked a spotless seventh, striking out two. He now has a 1.54 ERA with 14 strikeouts and three walks in 11 2/3 innings since being called up. The 24-year-old is starting to look like a late-inning type.

Oh, and Grimm notched the final three outs to seal the win over the Rangers.

Combine everything above with the fact that the Rangers have now lost 10 of their last 13 games and with the possibility that the once-10-game AL West lead could shrink to 4 1/2 games with an Astros win and, yes, I'd say that's a tough pill to swallow. If you know any Rangers fans, buy him, her or them a beer or three.

I will take 6, thanks.

I'm sure JD is knocking off a bottle of his namesake tonight. A stark reminder of his worst deals. Of course he has made magic too.

I guess this is what happens when your organization advertises they will be competitive each year.

I have to say in each competitive year since 2011 we have had serious starting pitching and relief pitching needs. See a trend? Perhaps JD is working a deal to seal our rotation for years to come. That will be selling the farm.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure JD is knocking off a bottle of his namesake tonight. A stark reminder of his worst deals. Of course he has made magic too.

I guess this is what happens when your organization advertises they will be competitive each year.

I have to say in each competitive year since 2011 we have had serious starting pitching and relief pitching needs. See a trend? Perhaps JD is working a deal to seal our rotation for years to come. That will be selling the farm.

Let's be honest. Almost any contender has starting or relief pitching needs as a general rule.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest. Almost any contender has starting or relief pitching needs as a general rule.
Yes but our's is quite embarrassing.

Frankly we need two more starters. I don't think AJ is going to make it through August. And how many more stiff necks will have Yu miss a turn in the rotation?

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners can't seem to beat Houston at all lately. It's looking like the Astros will beat them for the 4th time in a row. We gotta win at least one game in Chicago. If we get swept, our lead could be at almost nothing.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners can't seem to beat Houston at all lately. It's looking like the Astros will beat them for the 4th time in a row. We gotta win at least one game in Chicago. If we get swept, our lead could be at almost nothing.

Just got to win the head to head match ups vs the division. Anyone that thought we would run away with the division by 20 games 3 weeks ago was way too high on this team. Lots of ebbs and flows in baseball, let it play out

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rhetoric

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sure has passed up on a number of other players they should have kept. I think if I was an Oakland fan I would be ready to run him and his moneyball out of town.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sure has passed up on a number of other players they should have kept. I think if I was an Oakland fan I would be ready to run him and his moneyball out of town.

Yeah the Russell and Donaldson ones are headscratchers esp Donaldson IMO had all to do about the money. Definitely spelled short. I do think there is a tendency though to sell harder if it is within your division

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the A's have Rich Hill for 6 million and they want to make a QO? Hahaha

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not gonna bother with Texas until they get out of this funk. Watching terrible baseball puts me in a bad mood. I know they are capable of much more than this garbage they've been throwing out there lately.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but our's is quite embarrassing.

Frankly we need two more starters. I don't think AJ is going to make it through August. And how many more stiff necks will have Yu miss a turn in the rotation?

Embarrassing? I never felt like injuries were embarrassing, but ok

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not gonna bother with Texas until they get out of this funk. Watching terrible baseball puts me in a bad mood. I know they are capable of much more than this garbage they've been throwing out there lately.

Exactly.