• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: World Series preview? Rangers at Wrigley to play the Cubs 7/15-7/17

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing about who would be leaving Texas for any of these. Pretty hefty price for Miller, I would think.

I think miller is a smoke screen. JD did that with Heath Bell when he got us Mike Adams in 2011.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a suspicion that JD is going to be fairly aggressive at the trade deadline and that we're going to see some names moved out that will sting a little. I've already mentioned Profar, but I really do think he's a goner. I see no other reason for him being treated the way he is right now, even with his position being currently occupied. They're making very little effort to get him into games these days, and he's just wasting away on the bench. He's regained his trade value somewhat, and I'm guessing that they don't want to risk injuring or exposing him. I'm also betting that we see another big name move along with him... whether that's Gallo, Brinson, Tate, etc. I don't know.

I just keep getting the feeling that JD is going to land more than one big piece at the deadline. Moore, Odorizzi, Hill, Miller, Chapman, Santana, Cashner, Lucroy... it wouldn't surprise me to see us land 2-3 of those guys, maybe even a surprise name or two. And I'm guessing there's going to be some sticker shock around here when we see what it cost us to make the moves.

As long as it's not an obvious overpay from the get-go, I'm cool with taking a risk or two. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a suspicion that JD is going to be fairly aggressive at the trade deadline and that we're going to see some names moved out that will sting a little. I've already mentioned Profar, but I really do think he's a goner. I see no other reason for him being treated the way he is right now, even with his position being currently occupied. They're making very little effort to get him into games these days, and he's just wasting away on the bench. He's regained his trade value somewhat, and I'm guessing that they don't want to risk injuring or exposing him. I'm also betting that we see another big name move along with him... whether that's Gallo, Brinson, Tate, etc. I don't know.

I just keep getting the feeling that JD is going to land more than one big piece at the deadline. Moore, Odorizzi, Hill, Miller, Chapman, Santana, Cashner, Lucroy... it wouldn't surprise me to see us land 2-3 of those guys, maybe even a surprise name or two. And I'm guessing there's going to be some sticker shock around here when we see what it cost us to make the moves.

As long as it's not an obvious overpay from the get-go, I'm cool with taking a risk or two. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I obviously would be against a mass overpay but wouldn't mind dealing some prospects for proven quality guys that can help in a run at the pennant. I like you think Profar is likely moved, while Odor would be my choice over Juri. I would welcome a couple of the Rays Odorizzi or Moore, Santana, Chapman/Miller and Lucroy. I wouldn't give up NMart for Cashner though

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm getting a hunch Gallo is about to be traded.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting a hunch Gallo is about to be traded.
Wouldn't surprise me. Really, nobody would surprise me to be honest. I don't think JD's gonna mortgage the farm, but I do bet we see a few of our top guys shipped out by August 1.

As for who I want them to get back, I'm trying to keep an open mind and not narrow in on just one or two guys. I think many of those names could help us out this year and maybe next too.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't surprise me. Really, nobody would surprise me to be honest. I don't think JD's gonna mortgage the farm, but I do bet we see a few of our top guys shipped out by August 1.

As for who I want them to get back, I'm trying to keep an open mind and not narrow in on just one or two guys. I think many of those names could help us out this year and maybe next too.

I think there's a good chance we end up with someone not even on our radar.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's a good chance we end up with someone not even on our radar.

Seems JD is looking for controllable pieces that could help beyond this season. That is if he's going to move guys with as much upside as Pro and Gallo and the best pitching in our system. Though I agree there may be some guys JD is looking at that aren't the most talked about trade pieces at the moment. Guys like Will Smith of the Brewers or Alex Colome would be nice additions

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing about who would be leaving Texas for any of these. Pretty hefty price for Miller, I would think.

Miller is controllable, so he would definitely cost us a few players

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller is controllable, so he would definitely cost us a few players
I'm on record many times over as saying never trade top prospects for relief pitchers. Too often it ends up like the Astros giving up Vincent Velasquez and Mark Appel for Ken Giles.

But I might make an exception in Andrew Miller's case. That dude is just ridiculous and as lights-out as it gets. He's proven himself to be excellent in both the setup and closer roles. His K/9 is unreal, his awesome numbers have come in the brutal AL East, and he is under team control for more than 1 year.

A Diekman-Bush-Kela-Dyson-Miller bullpen would be a death sentence for any playoff opponent past the 5th/6th inning.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going forward past 2016 this team's offense is going to need a lot of help. If we trade away Gallo or Brinson we will be hampering our chances to improve our offense with young, cheap, controllable players. I think I would include Profar in that category as well.

This team could have already been better this season to this point had Profar played more than he has and trading him at the deadline will hurt the offense through the rest of the season even more. A pitcher who could be had without including one of those 3 and Profar's bat would be more beneficial to this team together for the rest of the year than a pitcher who we could get for Profar and thus more ABs from Fielder as well. You improve the offense and the pitching by keeping Profar and benching Prince and trading for a lesser pitcher.

We have a very deep farm system. We should be able to improve our pitching without giving up one of our top hitting prospects.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's silly to move profar unless you are getting someone like Jose Fernandez or Giancarlo Stanton in return.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going forward past 2016 this team's offense is going to need a lot of help. If we trade away Gallo or Brinson we will be hampering our chances to improve our offense with young, cheap, controllable players. I think I would include Profar in that category as well.

This team could have already been better this season to this point had Profar played more than he has and trading him at the deadline will hurt the offense through the rest of the season even more. A pitcher who could be had without including one of those 3 and Profar's bat would be more beneficial to this team together for the rest of the year than a pitcher who we could get for Profar and thus more ABs from Fielder as well. You improve the offense and the pitching by keeping Profar and benching Prince and trading for a lesser pitcher.

We have a very deep farm system. We should be able to improve our pitching without giving up one of our top hitting prospects.

I have made long shot speculation that Profar starts 1B next season if they still want season Gallo or even keep as injury insurance. Gallo looks like our 1B obviously but it is good to have options for many areas.

I really hate to give up Profar except if it is controllable SP. really no good reason to sit Profar so much if you want to put best 9 on the field

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one variable about Profar that I have in fur and of course is unproven is he comes up clutch and this pays dividends in the playoffs. Elvis has had a great year and has shown resilience after last year disaster but the clutch play when needed he has not shown IMO. This of course is my inner speculation, totally opinion