• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: World Series preview? Rangers at Wrigley to play the Cubs 7/15-7/17

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
July 17, 2016 11:32 am
Rangers' Shin-Soo Choo: Sits again Sunday
by RotoWire Staff | Special to CBSSports.com

Choo (back) is out of the lineup Sunday against the Cubs, Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports.

The back issues that bothered Choo leading up to the All-Star break continue to persist, as he'll now sit out his third straight game. A recent MRI cleared Choo of any structural problems, but it's conceivable that he might need some further time off to recover. Ryan Rua will fill in for Choo on Sunday and would likely serve as his primarily replacement if Choo requires a DL stint.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Profar on the roster?!?!

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to call the umps on the carpet.

They haven't needed technology to determine some of the umps stink at calling balls and strikes this year. Its been obvious and seemingly more prevalent this year, to the naked eye

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
July 16, 2016 11:12 am
Rangers' Jose Leclerc: Gets optioned Saturday

Leclerc was optioned to Triple-A Round Rock on Saturday, Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports.

Leclerc will head back to Triple-A ball with Yu Darvish getting activated off the 15-day DL. Leclerc struggled with command during his first stint in the majors, allowing eight walks in 5.2 innings, but he allowed only one earned run during his three appearances (1.59 ERA).

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather watch badminton

July 16, 2016 11:18 pm
Rangers' Kyle Lohse: Cleared to start Tuesday as scheduled following bullpen session

Lohse (oblique) has been cleared to start as scheduled Tuesday following a pain-free bullpen Saturday, T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reports.

Lohse struggled in his lone start at the major league level this season and was struggling to find much success at Triple-A Round Rock prior to his promotion so it's hard to envision a situation where Lohse will be a fantasy asset in his current form,

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They haven't needed technology to determine some of the umps stink at calling balls and strikes this year. Its been obvious and seemingly more prevalent this year, to the naked eye
I have always thought it was ridiculous how each ump is allowed to have his own strike zone. What if each referee in football were allowed to have their own interpretation about where the end zone began and ended or how long a yard really was?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
July 16, 2016 11:22 pm
Rangers' Jake Diekman: Throws from flat ground, not cleared for mound work

Diekman (finger) has been able to throw from flat ground, but hasn't received clearance to throw from the mound, MLB.com's T.R. Sullivan reports.

Diekman is eligible to come off the DL on Friday, but there's been no speculation on if he'll be ready by then. A brief rehab assignment would seem to be needed, and Diekman would seem to be several days away at a minimum from beginning one at this point.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
July 17, 2016 2:46 am
Rangers' Yu Darvish: Takes loss despite impressive showing Saturday
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

Darvish (2-1) (shoulder) mowed down nine Cubs over just 4.1 innings in Saturday's 3-1 loss, while giving up two earned runs on two hits and four walks.

The returning righty certainly had his moments over his time on the mound, notching 13 swinging strikes and setting a new season high in strikeouts. The outing was Darvish's shortest on the season however, and was largely brought about by control problems that saw him equal a season high with four walks and throw 90 pitches. He'll try to get back on the winning side of the ledger on Friday versus the Royals.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
July 17, 2016 11:32 am
Rangers' Mitch Moreland: Sits for second time in series
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

Moreland is out of the lineup Sunday against the Cubs, Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports.

The Rangers don't have the DH spot available while playing in a National League park, so manager Jeff Banister will keep Prince Fielder in his lineup over Moreland. It's the second time in three games that Moreland has sat out.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't expect them to sit Prince two games in a row did you.
I certainly expect them to but it won't happen. Oh well, keep screwing the pooch Banny.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't expect them to sit Prince two games in a row did you.
Yeah, it would have been too much to expect Banny to put the best lineup out there so they can win more games. lol

Oh well, I guess it is worth losing for awhile so we can eventually get Prince going for another week or two only to have him get ice cold again..

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather watch badminton

July 16, 2016 11:18 pm
Rangers' Kyle Lohse: Cleared to start Tuesday as scheduled following bullpen session

Lohse (oblique) has been cleared to start as scheduled Tuesday following a pain-free bullpen Saturday, T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reports.

Lohse struggled in his lone start at the major league level this season and was struggling to find much success at Triple-A Round Rock prior to his promotion so it's hard to envision a situation where Lohse will be a fantasy asset in his current form,
Yay.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it would have been too much to expect Banny to put the best lineup out there so they can win more games. lol

Oh well, I guess it is worth losing so we can eventually get Prince going for another week or two.
Nice of him let Profar's bat cool off on the bench.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not interested in all the talk about Hamels no hitter last July, he needs to pitch well TODAY!

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Cubs pitcher is on a potato chips prescription to avoid cramping
The secret to Hammel's success? Eating potato chips between innings

Saturday afternoon, the Cubs beat the Rangers (CHC 3, TEX 1) thanks in large part to starter Jason Hammel. Hammel held Texas to one run on three hits and a walk in six innings. He struck out seven to improve to 8-5 with a 3.34 ERA on the season.

Hammel dealt with some on and off cramping prior to the All-Star break, first in his hamstring and then in his pitching hand. He was able to avoid more cramping Saturday thanks to potato chips. Yes, potato chips. He ate them in the tunnel between innings. Doctor's orders too:

Hammel joked he's on PCP: potato chip prescription. Hey, whatever works, right? Some athletes drink Pedialyte instead of Gatorade because it helps with hydration.

usatsi9386313.jpg
The secret to Hammel's success: potato chips. USATSI
This begs the question: what kind of chips did Hammel eat? Were they regular old Lay's or Wise chips? Maybe Cape Cod Potato Chips? There's no shortage of options out there, that's for sure.

I guess this is baseball's next great market inefficiency: performance-enhancing potato chips.

Maybe Jeff should get his pitching staff some Lay's?

See what i did there?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tired of watching all the Powerade replays, this team needs another reason for a real powerade shower NOW

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Profar on the roster?!?!
This is just purely a guess on my part, but I think Profar is as good as gone by the trade deadline. I don't think management views him as a long-term piece anymore, whether it's due to injury concerns, throwing concerns, or whatever. I think they played him just enough to re-establish his trade value as a centerpiece to a deal, and now they're going to ship him off for some pitching.

Complete conjecture on my part, but it's just what Banny's moves and the trade rumors both tell me.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Banister as long as he keeps pulling this shit with Prince. I'm not watching till this organization pulls their collective heads out of their asses.