• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: World Series: Los Angeles Dodgers vs Houston Astros

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet the Astros players husbands hate Kate Verlander.

"she thinks she is so hot, with her gross crooked nipples, and Sports Illustrated pictures. I prefer evan gattis's man nipples"

No doubt, if you notice, she is never sitting with them

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, statman, what is your opinion of Kershaw and his ability to pitch in the postseason?

Generally speaking, I don't believe in "clutch" or its antithesis, but from time to time, a long enough track record exists that raises my eyebrow. Kershaw's playoff woes, for example.

I'm by no means saying that I think he's a "shitty" postseason pitcher, because he's certainly had some outstanding games, but when I look at what he's accomplished during the regular season and compare that to his postseason performances, I'm skeptical. It seems like there could be something there.

You ask me who I think is the best pitcher currently and I'm saying Kershaw, no doubt. You ask me who I want starting a do-or-die playoff game, and it's not him.

I think there's been a mix of some bad luck (defensive miscues and bullpen allowing inherited runners to score) and pitching worse (see walks, home runs). Haven't checked to see what it is now, but prior to this postseason 8 of his 15 inherited runners scored.

my doubts are whether postseason performances have any actual predictive value.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of assumed that. I also assume that in another dozen years, you'll be the snarky guy busting balls and letting guys a dozen years younger do the heavy lifting. The circle of life, or somesuchshit. . .
Heavy lifting? Numbers are therapeutic to me.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worked for me.

Dodgers win tonight and I sweep the post season

Aha, the old 'shitty prediction is really a reverse jinx' excuse. Sure, go with that.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heavy lifting? Numbers are therapeutic to me.

I used to love it too. I was like greased fucking lightening on a 10-key. If there's any guys from the FanNation MLB threads, ask them. I was constantly posting stats, making spreadsheets, et cetera. Not unlike you, but maybe a little angrier.