• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Cup 2022 Qatar

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

iron win GIF

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point in time we have to stop running these strikers out there and either play Pulisic as a false 9 or move Weah to striker as I think he has the skill set to do it in a pinch and would be willing as well. They just haven't been able to do the one thing they are on the pitch for. That being said I'll eat crow if Sargent doesn't do anything at all as he was the one guy I thought we should be playing there because he can do other things other than score and since none of them seem to be able to score perhaps it's the other things that we should go for.
Great win. But over the next few years they need qualified 9 to really get to top 4 or 2

And let me add we are really deep at other spots. So many good players were not chosen but should have been. Where is our Kane ?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Shaq Moore over Reggie Cannon decision seems even worse today than the day it was made. Moore has been really bad so far. If Moore sees the pitch over Yedlin again this World Cup there will need to be an explanation

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Shaq Moore over Reggie Cannon decision seems even worse today than the day it was made. Moore has been really bad so far. If Moore sees the pitch over Yedlin again this World Cup there will need to be an explanation

Both substitutions were disasters. Reyna and Ferreira are both better options than Wright who seemed like he was playing a different game than everyone else.

And 100% Yedlin over Moore. Moore shouldn't see the field again.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the opposite side of the spectrum, who is this Tim Ream we are seeing??? I used to get pissed every time he started, even in meaningless friendlies, and here I am now thinking this guy has been one of our key players so far. Has been decent for his club team too.

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,979.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todays games are Group D Tunisia v. France and Australia v. Denmark at 10:00 a.m., and Group C Poland v. Argentina and Saudi Arabia v. Mexico at 2:00 p.m.

In Group D, France is already in the group of 16. Australia takes the second spot if they win. If Australia draws, they have a 2 goal cushion over Tunisia going into todays game. Denmark must win to jump Australia for the second spot out of the group. They need to keep their goals for ahead of Tunisia. Tunisia has an outside shot, but they have to upset France, hope for a draw or loss from Australia, and score 3 + Australias goal tally today.

Group C is open for the taking. Poland needs a win or a tie to advance. If they lose, the can be jumped by a Saudi Arabia win or draw and goals for overtake or Mexico with a win and goals for overtake. Argentina needs a win and to avoid a draw. If Argentina draws, they will need Saudi Arabia to draw with Mexico, and keep the goals for ahead of Saudi Arabia. If Argentina loses, they would need a Mexico win and to stay ahead of Mexico in goals for. Saudi Arabia and Mexico need to score big today if they want to move on.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Argentina dominated Poland, win group and avoid France. Will get Australia in round of 16.

Poland still finishes 2nd on goal differential. Before late Saudi goal when goal differential they same, they were still ahead on fair play over Mexico.

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

World Cup 2022: Friend of Iran's Saeid Ezatolahi shot by Iranian security forces after celebrating loss​

It had to happen. Rumors were that Iran was going to taint the cup, too bad it was on their own people.

I remember when the USA beat Columbia. Escobar was credited with an own goal.
And they say soccer is not violent

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure it'll be Spain and Germany in group E. Can't see anything but a big win for the Germans. Wouldn't be surprised if Canada upsets Morocco but they'd have to lose by two or three goals to still miss out on round 2?

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spain v Japan
Costa Rica v Germany

Croatia v Belgium
Morocco v Canada

Lots of teams looking for a win today to ensure they advance... could be great day of games.

View attachment 315432

What a day at the World Cup... watched 2nd half of Japan v Spain... would have been epic if Costa Rica could have hung on, but they were getting dominated, Germany hit the wood work so many times.

Japan´s 2nd goal, VAR got it correct? I think so IMO

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a day at the World Cup... watched 2nd half of Japan v Spain... would have been epic if Costa Rica could have hung on, but they were getting dominated, Germany hit the wood work so many times.

96665580-71bd-11ed-93f6-fca6eef59ac1

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The commentators on Fox thought they awarded the goal because they couldn't tell for sure whether the ball went over the line or not and there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the call on the field, which was weird because didn't the ref originally disallow it?

Was a great second half - for the second day in a row.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The commentators on Fox thought they awarded the goal because they couldn't tell for sure whether the ball went over the line or not and there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the call on the field, which was weird because didn't the ref originally disallow it?

Was a great second half - for the second day in a row.

They couldn't tell on that but on Weah's goal it was clear as day

<rolls eyes >