• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Women in Locker-Rooms

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, men in this society have the upper hand in a lot and so objectively speaking what we have is better because we go get the best before the rest is available. However, it seems whatever women have, they have and we normally don't want it. What we have, they want. Again, sometimes they want it because it's objectively better and we took it, but sometimes it isn't. There are exceptions, of course. Like I'm sure my friends who went through custody battles would love to have the "you're the woman and thus must be the better parent" benefit of the doubt and the alimony claims.

I have a two year old daughter and I know most is nature over nurture, but we have been trying to slowly manage the natural urge to want that toy because the other person has it. If we walk into a room and she passes on the toy train and then some kid comes in starts playing with the toy train, we try to distract her, tell her to wait, or something else to avoid that trigger of "that kid has it, I want it."

We don't do this so seriously and if they both go for it at the same time, I just say take turns, but the wanting it because the other has it, isn't good (not terrible at this stage, either).

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get em all out of the locker room, women and men, I don't want any of them in there. There is no reason why they can't wait until the athletes show, change and wind down.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Thre more women want to be treated like men, the more they are gonna get treated like men. Be careful what you wish for, you feminist twits.

Scream for equality when it benefits them but when it doesn't they scream how men and women are different.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thre more women want to be treated like men, the more they are gonna get treated like men. Be careful what you wish for, you feminist twits.

All I know is that they want to be treated equal... yet I never see any of them reach for some cash when we go out.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen.

For the record, I have not read the articles I posted because I have no intention of reading articles from women complaining about things, but I thought women are allowed in the locker-rooms and the complaint was the fact that they are out-numbered. Some people in society look at the results and therefore assume the path to those results were unfair.

Even if they are unfair, it's likely not one institution (NFL) that can fix it. If women are treated unequally in journalism, that stems from college or prior, to newspaper work, to the NFL, to players, etc. If the resulting number of female reporters in the locker-room is low because women couldn't put up with the inequality in college, workplace, etc., that isn't the NFL's problem.

Now, if they are not allowed in the locker-room at all, then I suppose the NFL has something to do with it, and they could perhaps change that rule. Again, there are more consideration than "they want it and men have it, so they should get it."

You didn't read the articles but then proceeded to speculate and draw conclusions at length about what you think they were about ? Seriously ?? :laugh3:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't read the articles but then proceeded to speculate and draw conclusions at length about what you think they were about ? Seriously ?? :laugh3:

Yes, what's so confusing about that? My original post had no conclusions, just questions. The post was a few questions on what people thought about what should and should not happen in the locker-room. The articles were irrelevant to my questions. They were there just to say the issue was out there and being discussed. I thought others might have opinions on this. Believe it or not, not all of them read them either.

The post I quoted was hinting towards access, so I agreed. The rest of the post was tangential and unrelated to the articles, just talking about access. I talked about how some will point to numbers in terms of access when in truth both men and women are allowed but the inequality is a cultural thing that starts long before the NFL level. I thought maybe one of the three articles would talk about numbers of women (as Title IX talks about equality and one measurement is numbers allowed).

My general beliefs and opinions are not shaped by what is going on in the article. I "knew" they were allowed, but I posed my statement in both ways in case I was wrong. I know the articles were about unequal treatment to women, but I was saying that one entity like the NFL isn't going to change the numbers part of it.

If you want to know, I did read some of each article, just skimming. I only said I hadn't read them because I didn't want to misstate something as if I knew. It was a disclaimer of sorts.

Where was the speculation? I believed they were allowed and were complaining about treatment and numbers; I just said what I thought on either possibility because, like I said, I didn't read all of them.

I really don't care because it doesn't affect me. I hear or read what people produce, whether it's from a man or a woman. I don't particularly enjoy reading articles from people complaining about things, generally speaking. There are some things that don't affect me that I care about and I read those, but in general, I pick and choose.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No female reporters should be allowed in the locker rooms

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1