• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Woman who led the charge on Redskins' patent case turns her attention to Chiefs

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theScore
The Washington Redskins saw their trademarks cancelled last week when a group of plaintiffs led by Amanda Blackhorse were victorious in their pursuit of a decision.

Blackhorse tells The Wichita Eagle that the Kansas City Chiefs need to look at their name as well.

“I’m not sure there’s anything the (Chiefs) can do at this point other than look for another name,” Blackhorse says. “They could be the team that says, ‘You know what? We understand the issue and we don’t want to be Dan Snyder and fight this in court forever. We want to do the right thing and move forward and avoid this entire battle.’ I’m sure fans will be upset, but still, that’s doing the right thing.

“If they want to be sensitive to Native American people, that’s the thing to do.”

The Redskins have come under fire more than ever in the last few months for their name and have been urged by many to change it. It looks like the Chiefs could face similar pressure eventually.

“What happens there, it’s just insane the things they allow to go on,” Blackhorse says of the Chiefs and Arrowhead. “They are definitely in the group (of offensive teams), for sure.”

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If she starts fucking with my Braves I will give that bitch one hell of an Indian burn.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck that bitch.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, this coming from a bitch with the last name Blackhorse

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Her name is offensive to hung African American men. They should sue her.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't talk about whether Redskin is derogatory or ever was used as such because plenty of others have talked about that, but the Redskins trademark case was based heavily on some believing it to be derogatory at some time. Can't say that Chiefs were ever used in that way, even if a small minority dislikes it being used. I'm offended that the word offended is used so often in society.

There's no middle ground. There's no, "I'd prefer them not to" because no one would listen - it's the exact same reason some say they have a migraine when they really have a headache. Try it. Go somewhere and tell them you have a headache. Watch the reaction. Go somewhere and say you have a migraine. You'll get a stronger reaction of sympathy/empathy. (Of course, this is not absolute.) The truth is a lot of people who say migraine don't have one. They just have a headache they call a migraine. Even if they think it is one. Migraines are on one side of the brain (though I suppose one could have two migraines at the same time) so I will ask them which side. They often say everywhere. I move on.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how she would respond if someone kept asking her how she could make a real impact on Native Americans. When she gives her answer, ask the same exact question until she gets it. Afterwards, ask her what her next project would be if all names were removed from sports. I don't want to get into stereotypical issues/problems of Natives, but go fix those whether that be education, employment, lifestyle if any, legal, health, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some folks seriously have a lot of time on there hands, :L what's next Florida St?????

Why Oklahoma of course. We must change the name now because it's so offensive.

After all, the state's name is derived from the Choctaw words okla and humma, meaning "red people".

Didn't you know it was a slur? Get with the program.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how she would respond if someone kept asking her how she could make a real impact on Native Americans. When she gives her answer, ask the same exact question until she gets it. Afterwards, ask her what her next project would be if all names were removed from sports. I don't want to get into stereotypical issues/problems of Natives, but go fix those whether that be education, employment, lifestyle if any, legal, health, etc.

I'd like to see that.

She'd be shown as a person of no substance, who could give two shits about improving the real issues of her community.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant see the justification for Chiefs or Braves. Neither of those are negative terms

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She has already stated she is going after anybody and everybody one at a time who uses some nickname form of Native Americans in sports. What a country!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
"I don't know how, but I'll find a way to be offended by this if it kills me!"

-That Chick

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins, I get.

That being said, in some cases the name of the sports team is a marker to the Native American's that were on this land first.

Erasing all trace of them from sports teams just sounds like we're ignoring that.

No, 'Chiefs', "Braves", 'Indians', etc.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I just realized something about this extremely important cause these people have chosen to take up...

IT'S A F'ING SPORTS TEAM!

Can't see how I missed that this whole time.

By the way, someone ask this chick if if she'd be ok with the name Kansas City Faggots:

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized something about this extremely important cause these people have chosen to take up...

IT'S A F'ING SPORTS TEAM!

Can't see how I missed that this whole time.

By the way, someone ask this chick if if she'd be ok with the name Kansas City Faggots:

what do you mean ?

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well yeah..where is her email etc. its time to get rid of this obsessive fool