• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Woj: Cavs fire David Blatt

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone who is interested in this should read the entire Woj/Yahoo article.
Then come back and tell us this wasn't a typical James type move, a move he could have never pulled with Riley.

And yes, Riley flew to Vegas, but how could he not?
Was James honest and upfront with him before he got on the plane?

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In summary:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All jokes aside, I think it's the exact opposite of what everyone is saying. LeBron clearly wanted Blatt gone last year...he was never his guy to begin with. The gm is the one who spoke up during the offseason proclaiming Blatt is the Cavs coach against what lebron wanted. It was his guy from the start and he was hardheaded enough to give him another year to prove it.

So now it's a single players choice on who coaches the team? Why even bother having a GM in Cleveland then? Just make lebron president, GM, coach and towel boy (just in case the current towel boy isn't using the detergent lebron needs :L )

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now it's a single players choice on who coaches the team? Why even bother having a GM in Cleveland then? Just make lebron president, GM, coach and towel boy (just in case the current towel boy isn't using the detergent lebron needs :L )
And the Cav GM comes out and says, "Lebron doesn't run this team." Oh, yes he does.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is the equivalent to a smokin' hot girl who's batshit crazy!

All the talent in the world but completely fucked in the head.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the question still remains...what with the Cavs do with Love?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the question still remains...what with the Cavs do with Love?

Not sure what's out there, but if they are smart they will try to turn him into a couple of wing defenders who can do a better job of slowing down the Warriors.

And, that isn't a knock on the Spurs, or an assumption that the Spurs can't beat the Warriors.
I guess if you're the Cavs you have to pick your poison and best prepare for one or the other, which is pretty hard to do because they are so different.

And, the first big move made by GM James was giving up all those assets for Love.

Bet he wishes he could push the redo button on that one.

Last edited:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, it is pretty interesting how Blatt was never given any respect since day 1. Apparently the Cavs are so arrogant that they believe they made it to the Finals as well as the #1 seed this year in spite of Blatt. We will see how this season plays out and if there was truly any truth to it. I don't know how you can blame the coach when James was so clearly making so many decisions.

It's comical, the players get mad when Blatt is too demanding/controlling then they get mad when he gives them space. Blatt was fired because LeBron didn't pick him, simple as that. If you're a player in the locker room, why wouldn't you follow LeBron? After all, he can get you a fat contract like he did with Tristan Thompson. I feel sorry for Blatt, he had to deal with such a venomous environment inhabited by a bunch of prima donnas. I hope he gets another shot in the league, hopefully with a team who won't disrespect him from the get-go and refuses to buy into anything he tries to do.

So the Cavs finally got what they wanted, but this move will only put even more pressure on them to win a title.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm embarrassed for a lot of you in this thread. Not surprisingly, it's mostly from posters who have been nowhere to be seen in the nba forum until now.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Link(s)? I did a google search to see if you were correct since the Hoop is the only forum I visit and you're not.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA
Since last season, LeBron James and his agent Rich Paul have been strong advocates of Lue becoming head coach, league sources tell Yahoo

View attachment 80575

My fault for being vague, but that post you quoted had nothing to do with that. I wasn't talking at all - in that rant - about the notion that LeBron influenced this move.. which is if course a very prevalent opinion on all forums.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm embarrassed for a lot of you in this thread. Not surprisingly, it's mostly from posters who have been nowhere to be seen in the nba forum until now.

Embarrassed for what?
Because they pointed out what a control freak and total dick that James is in these types of circumstances?

Look, we get it, he's a numbers guy and he's scared to death right now that the number 2 is as high at it might get, so he needs to use every possible chip available.

Who you should be embarrassed for is Gilbert and Griffin for first allowing and then being forced to live with his nonsense and annual opt outs.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fault for being vague, but that post you quoted had nothing to do with that. I wasn't talking at all - in that rant - about the notion that LeBron influenced this move.. which is if course a very prevalent opinion on all forums.

What were you ranting about then? Not trying to start shit with you, just honestly curious.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting woj article. I'll never doubt the guys news-breaking stories cause he is basically never wrong.

It should be pointed out thought that woj has a long history of criticizing LeBron whenever he writers pieces like this. Maybe his goal is to be honest and tell the truth but he definitely comes off as someone with an axe to grind when it comes to the subject of LeBron.

His pieces on the matter come off almost unprofessional to be honest.

But the dude obviously knows 1,000 times more than me about what's really happening.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Smart; If you didn't like that post then you're gonna HATE post #436. :D

I don't like Lebron, but if you are gonna make up a stat or recklessly misstate a stat, you are gonna get a dislike. Lebron has not, nor has he ever, had a 36% FG percentage. You were posting in rsponse to a post about Kobe's FG percentage.

I have no issue with any stat that makes Lebron looks bad.