• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Woj: Cavs fire David Blatt

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of the reasons it's hard for me to imagine a scenario where LeBron chooses not to give his input in a situation like this. If he didn't want more input then he could have sat back in Miami and continued to let Riley call the shots.

I think lebron gave pat the benefit of the doubt but after taking the worst beatdown in nba history against the spurs he started to question him

He was prob sick of carrying that team...he led that team in points, rebounds, assists, blocks, PER and said wait a minute where is my help. Most of the other champions didn't lead the team in every category.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep. LeBron is probably talking to the GM right now asking for more all star players. Just not enough talent on that cavaliers team.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All jokes aside, I think it's the exact opposite of what everyone is saying. LeBron clearly wanted Blatt gone last year...he was never his guy to begin with. The gm is the one who spoke up during the offseason proclaiming Blatt is the Cavs coach against what lebron wanted. It was his guy from the start and he was hardheaded enough to give him another year to prove it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you who didn't read Woj article, I will post the interesting parts.

From the beginning, the Klutch Sports campaign to puncture Blatt's standing as head coach had been as relentless as it was ruthless. James is one of the great leaders in pro sports, and he directed the Cavaliers how he wanted them: in complete defiance of Blatt.

Once James' camp realized that Jackson would never be considered as coach – nor would Lue leave his representation to join Klutch Sports agency, despite overtures – Lue became a compromise choice for James' group, sources said. They started pushing for Lue to replace Blatt last season, and grew louder in those calls in recent days and weeks.

James had the Cavaliers existing in open rebellion for over a season now, with no Pat Riley in the organizational shadows to scare everyone into compliance.

James had become increasingly vocal in his opposition of Blatt in recent practice sessions and game environments. Within the franchise, it was hard to hear anything else. LeBron James and Rich Paul never had to walk into the GM's office and demand the firing of the coach. All together, they had the capability of making everyone's life hell until the deed was done.

So here's what's coming now: the trickle of stories on Blatt's incompetence, the fact that no one respected him, and maybe most of all, that James had nothing to do with his firing. For all the fairytales sold on James' return to Cleveland, this was forever about business – the kind of business they couldn't do within Riley's organization, nor Erik Spoelstra's locker room.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron got what he wanted. Let's see if now he can deliver.
God I hope he can't.

Just like I now wish the Miami Heat win a few more rings. I won't root for the Cavaliers until LeBron has left them. Once he leaves, I hope the Cavaliers finally win their ring they so deserve.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is clear LeBron never went to college.

Here is a 31 year old man with multi millions of dollars who is pulling antics you do within your group of friends in high school.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron: "Hey Kev, I don't like Blatt. I don't want him anywhere in our circle of friends. You hear he shits naked?"
Kevin: "he what??????"
LeBron: "Hey Kyrie, you hear Blatt has herpes? Can't get within 10 ft of that dude without getting them."
Kyrie: "Oh no!"
LeBron in the locker room: "Whats that smell? Fuckin Blatt probably didn't wipe again, you guys know he doesn't wipe right?"

Well done LeBron, well done.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lue's face looks like he is scared to death realizing he is going to have to try and "coach" LeDrama.

If it wasn't for Riley's commitment to a longtime protégé in Spo, every coach that has ever coached LeBron would be gone in the wind.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Paul Silas
-Brendan Malone
-Mike Brown
-David Blatt
-Tyronn Lue (current)

your 5 Cavalier coaches LeBron has played for when he has been in Cleveland.

Where are those guys now?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is so funny about this, just like in football when everyone loves the backup QB and thinks the backup QB is the answer, in basketball everyone loves the assistant coach.

If people feel the head coach is failing at what he is doing, or no one likes the head coach, the assistant coach instantly becomes the favorite amongst players and in same cases fans, or people in the front office. So the reaction is to promote the assistant coach. Now you have an inexperienced head coach taking this thing in Cleveland, and trying to salvage a closing window.

What a ridiculous move. Blatt might not have been a good coach, but he was your best shot at winning a title. He got you to the Finals last year, and probably getting you back there this year.

Now you get rid of him and promote an unknown inexperienced head coach. You really think Tyronn Lue is going to outcoach Kerr or Popovich? Could he even out coach some of his competition in the East? I doubt it.

So if you are Cleveland you basically decided this year is a wash....(don't see how since you're currently #1 seed) and hoping next year is better. YET a year of contracts go down the drain. I don't know what the Cavs players contracts are like, but I have to imagine that is a tough pill to swallow to just see a year wasted away with all the talent Cleveland has.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you who didn't read Woj article, I will post the interesting parts.

From the beginning, the Klutch Sports campaign to puncture Blatt's standing as head coach had been as relentless as it was ruthless. James is one of the great leaders in pro sports, and he directed the Cavaliers how he wanted them: in complete defiance of Blatt.

Once James' camp realized that Jackson would never be considered as coach – nor would Lue leave his representation to join Klutch Sports agency, despite overtures – Lue became a compromise choice for James' group, sources said. They started pushing for Lue to replace Blatt last season, and grew louder in those calls in recent days and weeks.

James had the Cavaliers existing in open rebellion for over a season now, with no Pat Riley in the organizational shadows to scare everyone into compliance.

James had become increasingly vocal in his opposition of Blatt in recent practice sessions and game environments. Within the franchise, it was hard to hear anything else. LeBron James and Rich Paul never had to walk into the GM's office and demand the firing of the coach. All together, they had the capability of making everyone's life hell until the deed was done.

So here's what's coming now: the trickle of stories on Blatt's incompetence, the fact that no one respected him, and maybe most of all, that James had nothing to do with his firing. For all the fairytales sold on James' return to Cleveland, this was forever about business – the kind of business they couldn't do within Riley's organization, nor Erik Spoelstra's locker room.

The last part is the prime reason Lebron is back in Cleveland. Lebron's crew essentially ran the Cavs prior to 2010. When Lebron went to Miami, Riley wasn't having any of that shit. His crew didn't like that and pressured Lebron to go back. Now its back to the way things use to be.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last part is the prime reason Lebron is back in Cleveland. Lebron's crew essentially ran the Cavs prior to 2010. When Lebron went to Miami, Riley wasn't having any of that shit. His crew didn't like that and pressured Lebron to go back. Now its back to the way things use to be.
Funny, there was established authority in Miami and they won rings.

Things are ran LeBron's way in Cleveland both pre-Miami and now and the Cavaliers still don't have any rings.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's unfortunate for the city of Cleveland is now that they have lebron back the Warriors and Spurs are just playing out of their minds. Both would be heavily favored over Cleveland in the finals. He really needed to win a ring in his first stint with the Cavs. Lebron ain't getting any younger.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And honestly OD can you really blame Lebron for wanting a different coach? It was a mistake the second Cleveland hired him and everyone knew it right away.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And honestly OD can you really blame Lebron for wanting a different coach? It was a mistake the second Cleveland hired him and everyone knew it right away.
Well, I agree that Blatt probably wasn't the right guy. But I do think as a PLAYER you have some obligation to play for your coach.

Why didn't Cleveland get "LeBron's" coach to start out with when they knew LeBron was coming back to Cleveland? Why is Cleveland unable to get a top named coach to come coach their team to a ring with LeBron there? Probably because no real quality coach wants that headache.

If it wasn't for Riley, Spo is out in Miami after they don't win a ring and then you wonder if they ever do win a ring. I don't think Spo is any better of a coach then Blatt. But there was structure in Miami and they got rings.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I agree that Blatt probably wasn't the right guy. But I do think as a PLAYER you have some obligation to play for your coach.

Why didn't Cleveland get "LeBron's" coach to start out with when they knew LeBron was coming back to Cleveland? Why is Cleveland unable to get a top named coach to come coach their team to a ring with LeBron there? Probably because no real quality coach wants that headache.

If it wasn't for Riley, Spo is out in Miami after they don't win a ring and then you wonder if they ever do win a ring. I don't think Spo is any better of a coach then Blatt. But there was structure in Miami and they got rings.
I get your point. I also think the Cavs owner and Lebron have a fake "good relationship" he basically wrote hate mail about Lebron when he left. Letter from Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert

That's some teenage girl shit right there.