• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Woj: Cavs fire David Blatt

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be funny if it was true.

:laugh3:

LeBron leaving was of course a set back, but nowhere near fatal for a team like the Heat.
Bottom line is when he left the Heats ring count was at 3, his at 2.
When I woke up today, that hasn't changed.
Had he stayed, we woukd have just lost to the Warriors instead of you.
Same thing will probably be said after this season.
The last place I'd want to be as a Heat fan is stuck with the same amount of titles and be staring at the reality of giving a 34 year old James a super max contract that we all know the ending to before it begins.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron leaving was of course a set back, but nowhere near fatal for a team like the Heat.
Bottom line is when he left the Heats ring count was at 3, his at 2.
When I woke up today, that hasn't changed.
Had he stayed, we woukd have just lost to the Warriors instead of you.
Same thing will probably be said after this season.
The last place I'd want to be as a Heat fan is stuck with the same amount of titles and be staring at the reality of giving a 34 year old James a super max contract that we all know the ending to before it begins.

guess that's why the threat of him team jumping is gonna be out there for the rest of what remains of his career. course I guess in a way I can't blame him...

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Smart; If you didn't like that post then you're gonna HATE post #436. :D

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, because he's primarily a jumpshooter. Not primarily a low post player like LeBronda.

But, who will go down in a history as the more dangerous scorer? Kobe.

don't bring up the ring count. it'll devastate him...:heh:

maybe he should just run along...like he did when the Warriors beat LeClown and his boys like they stole something...

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sometimes this NBA forum on the hoop - speaking collectively - becomes a giant circle jerk against Cleveland. Probably because the most active members happen to be heat and Lakers fans.

The amusing thing is watching you all agree with each other like you've all got it figured out and represent the general consensus... when in fact the collective thoughts of this forum differ wildly from every other nba forum you can find.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sometimes this NBA forum on the hoop - speaking collectively - becomes a giant circle jerk against Cleveland. Probably because the most active members happen to be heat and Lakers fans.

The amusing thing is watching you all agree with each other like you've all got it figured out and represent the general consensus... when in fact the collective thoughts of this forum differ wildly from every other nba forum you can find.

well, way I see it is that most of us are respectful of posters who don't wanna cram their outright trash talk and homer POV down everyone's throats. imo they(the trash talkers) deserve to get kicked around a little...

you aren't against us having our fun now, are you...?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a huge difference between having the power to do something and exercising that power.

No doubt LeBron holds a ton of power in the cavs organization. Did he chose to use any of that power today? We. Don't. Know.

We do know that he didn't exercise his power to Stop the firing... so it's probably fair to conclude that LeBron wasn't strongly opposed to the decision.

But that still leaves a wide array of possible involvement all the way from "get this guy out now!!" To "I'm not getting involved. Do your job, I'll do mine"... and everything in between.

Last edited:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, way I see it is that most of us are respectful of posters who don't wanna cram their outright trash talk and homer POV down everyone's throats. imo they(the trash talkers) deserve to get kicked around a little...

you aren't against us having our fun now, are you...?

No I agree, I didn't mean for that to come off as a complaint or whining.

I mean I stick around, so it's clearly not a problem for me, and I have no issues with particular posters.

Just making an observation.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well actually the consensus was the same @ the FN sports forum most of us came from. But that's neither here or there & I hear ya. LOL

I hope you know it's nothing personal against you. I actually enjoy the conversations you & I have here. You're one of the sensible Cavs fans around. But those other two (I think you know who I'm talking about) have ruined it for you here. With all the books that are posted about how LBJ & the Cavs are this & that (enter any type of adjective that represents boasting & bragging) combined with all the crazy things happening with that team lately makes it easy to bag on them.

I wish there were a way to shield you from it. But, unfortunately there just isn't.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a huge difference between having the power to do something and exercising that power.

No doubt LeBron holds a ton of power in the cavs organization. Did he chose to use any of that power today? We. Don't. Know.

We do know that he didn't exercise his power to Stop the firing... so it's probably fair to conclude that LeBron wasn't strongly opposed to the decision.

But that still leaves a wide array of possible involvement all the way from "get this guy out now!!" To "I'm not getting involved. Do your job, I'll do mine"... and everything in
I might be able to digest this had we not saw (on national TV) the disconnect & frustration between him & Blatt.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well actually the consensus was the same @ the FN sports forum most of us came from. But that's neither here or there & I hear ya. LOL

I hope you know it's nothing personal against you. I actually enjoy the conversations you & I have here. You're one of the sensible Cavs fans around. But those other two (I think you know who I'm talking about) have ruined it for you here. With all the books that are posted about how LBJ & the Cavs are this & that (enter any type of adjective that represents boasting & bragging) combined with all the crazy things happening with that team lately makes it easy to bag on them.

I wish there were a way to shield you from it. But, unfortunately there just isn't.

I hear you. I think that post might have come off more harsh than I intended. I definitely enjoy my interactions here. Disagreeing on things is what makes it interesting.

You do make a good point. Probably the biggest reason for this dynamic on this forum is some of the cavs posters. ):

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

have no worries. from what I read from TF12 the other night ONE of those 2 Cavs fans is gonna be a RESTRICTED "entertainer" soon enough...

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you. I think that post might have come off more harsh than I intended. I definitely enjoy my interactions here. Disagreeing on things is what makes it interesting.

You do make a good point. Probably the biggest reason for this dynamic on this forum is some of the cavs posters. ):
No worries, I can understand your points.