• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Woj: Cavs fire David Blatt

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have no worries. from what I read from TF12 the other night ONE of those 2 Cavs fans is gonna be a RESTRICTED "entertainer" soon enough...
Interesting...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a huge difference between having the power to do something and exercising that power.

No doubt LeBron holds a ton of power in the cavs organization. Did he chose to use any of that power today? We. Don't. Know.

We do know that he didn't exercise his power to Stop the firing... so it's probably fair to conclude that LeBron wasn't strongly opposed to the decision.

But that still leaves a wide array of possible involvement all the way from "get this guy out now!!" To "I'm not getting involved. Do your job, I'll do mine"... and everything in

Except that we all know as fact that James is a total control freak when it comes to decisions which impact his career.
If you are that naive to think that Gilbert made this decision on his own, and told James to like it or lump it, then you must live in a land of fairy tales.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting...

yep. he's already been warned that his act will only be attainable in "Fouled Out" if he stays on his current path...

but what the hell, I could pop in there every now and then if I need a good laugh...

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that we all know as fact that James is a total control freak when it comes to decisions which impact his career.
If you are that naive to think that Gilbert made this decision on his own, and told James to like it or lump it, then you must live in a land of fairy tales.

I don't know that he is a control freak.

I'm not saying the cavs said "this is what were doing whether you like it or not". Of course not. Just saying we don't know what input he provided - if any...when his input was requested.

Having the power to pull all the strings doesn't mean you are. He certainly could have made it happen and he certainly could have stopped it... but he can also choose to stay out of it. And lots of other options in between.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5. 'I think ownership has spent an unprecedented amount of money on this team.'

Blatt mentioned the Cavaliers' payroll situation multiple times. That seems like a pretty strong indicator that at some point after the Warriors destroyed the Cavaliers on Monday, owner Dan Gilbert pulled the "I'm not paying for this team to get blown out by other great teams" card. And it's a valid one, but notable that Griffin mentioned it twice in the same presser. It's one thing to struggle vs. expectations, it's another to do so and cost your owner a huge amount of money.

@WiggyRuss
lol at your endless spending "hobby".

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that he is a control freak.

I'm not saying the cavs said "this is what were doing whether you like it or not". Of course not. Just saying we don't know what input he provided - if any...when his input was requested.

Having the power to pull all the strings doesn't mean you are. He certainly could have made it happen and he certainly could have stopped it... but he can also choose to stay out of it. And lots of other options in between.

Nah.
The annual opt outs preclude that from being a reality.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5. 'I think ownership has spent an unprecedented amount of money on this team.'

Blatt mentioned the Cavaliers' payroll situation multiple times. That seems like a pretty strong indicator that at some point after the Warriors destroyed the Cavaliers on Monday, owner Dan Gilbert pulled the "I'm not paying for this team to get blown out by other great teams" card. And it's a valid one, but notable that Griffin mentioned it twice in the same presser. It's one thing to struggle vs. expectations, it's another to do so and cost your owner a huge amount of money.

@WiggyRuss
lol at your endless spending "hobby".
Yeah, I noticed that too.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah.
The annual opt outs preclude that from being a reality.
You know, When I think about it from that perspective, I guess it's fair to place the accountability for organizational decisions on him... at least to some degree.

By choosing to actively hold this power through annual opt outs, he should understand the responsibility being put on him... whether he is actually calling the shots or whether he is trusting the front office to call the shots.

I think any player in his position would do the same thing, but in that sense I think I get what you're saying.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The first grouping was under the headline, "LeBron post-ups."

The second list was called "LeBron pick-and-rolls."

Half-a-sheet of paper dedicated to plays designed specifically for LeBron James.

It makes you wonder whether Coach Lue inherits that playlist, or whether he's supposed to show up on Saturday with his own."

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
You are looking at it from a fan point of view and not a business

The business of lebron is good win or lose...gilbert is laughing all the way to the bank

If you think lebron couldn't tell pat riley what ever he wanted you are a fool....He could have had pat riley fired in a second.....There is a reason pat riley flew all the way to vegas to beg lebron to stay, got on tv cried some more and heat tried to sign that shit pg all because of a lebron tweet....yeah he had no power there lmfao...if you don't think they would have done anything to keep lebron you are crazy....now they are in the lottery and losing money

And with this post, you have lost all credibility. Gilbert is a bilionaire but even billionaires don't like to spend millions of dollars to not get results. He has an ego and and swallowed his pride and opened his check book but only to buy a title. If he and Lebron don't win, they both look like fools.

Also, Lebron was not getting Riley fired EVER. First, the Arison's have too much class and are too loyal. Secondly, Riley turned Miami into a winner and increased the value of the Heat from 30 million when the Arison's bought it to 1.1 billion and helped bring a winning culture and not 1, not 2, but 3 Championships to Miami and yes he won before Lebron was born and help guide his teams to championships without Lebron. Can Lebron say he won without Riley? Heck, even if they win this year which is possible, would he have won without learning from Riley and Wade? James has been with Cleveland 8 years and won no titles and appeared in two finals. With Miami, he won 2 rings and in 4 title series. Miami is not losing money by the way.....and the Arison's have made plenty of money on their Heat investment and other investments.

Last edited:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, When I think about it from that perspective, I guess it's fair to place the accountability for organizational decisions on him... at least to some degree.

By choosing to actively hold this power through annual opt outs, he should understand the responsibility being put on him... whether he is actually calling the shots or whether he is trusting the front office to call the shots.

I think any player in his position would do the same thing, but in that sense I think I get what you're saying.

Fair enough.
I'm not implying that James called Gilbert last night and said fire him or I'm gone, but I'm pretty certain he offered input that he felt the team could prosper more under different leadership.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with this post, you have lost all credibility. Gilbert is a bilionaire but even billionaires don't like to spend millions of dollars to not get results. He has an ego and and swallowed his pride and opened his check book but only to buy a title. If he and Lebron don't win, they both look like fools.

Also, Lebron was not getting Riley fired EVER. First, the Arison's have too much class and are too loyal. Secondly, Riley turned Miami into a winner and increased the value of the Heat from 30 million when the Arison's bought it to 1.1 billion and helped bring a winning culture and not 1, not 2, but 3 Championships to Miami and yes he won before Lebron was born and help guide his teams to championships without Lebron. Can Lebron say he won without Riley? Heck, even if they win this year which is possible, would he have won without learning from Riley and Wade? James has been with Cleveland 8 years and won no titles and appeared in two finals. With Miami, he won 2 rings and no titles. Miami is not losing money by the way.....and the Arison's have made plenty of money on their Heat investment and other investments.

This is one of the reasons it's hard for me to imagine a scenario where LeBron chooses not to give his input in a situation like this. If he didn't want more input then he could have sat back in Miami and continued to let Riley call the shots.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sometimes this NBA forum on the hoop - speaking collectively - becomes a giant circle jerk against Cleveland. Probably because the most active members happen to be heat and Lakers fans.

The amusing thing is watching you all agree with each other like you've all got it figured out and represent the general consensus... when in fact the collective thoughts of this forum differ wildly from every other nba forum you can find.

Link(s)? I did a google search to see if you were correct since the Hoop is the only forum I visit and you're not.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA
Since last season, LeBron James and his agent Rich Paul have been strong advocates of Lue becoming head coach, league sources tell Yahoo

eea211ad.gif

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Link(s)? I did a google search to see if you were correct since the Hoop is the only forum I visit and you're not.

Since last season, LeBron James and his agent Rich Paul have been strong advocates of Lue becoming head coach, league sources tell Yahoo

View attachment 80575

This is not a secret. If Cavs fans want to be in denial about that, let them

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 80575

Woj is credible. the guy knows his shit...

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, Lebron was not getting Riley fired EVER. First, the Arison's have too much class and are too loyal. Secondly, Riley turned Miami into a winner and increased the value of the Heat from 30 million when the Arison's bought it to 1.1 billion and helped bring a winning culture and not 1, not 2, but 3 Championships to Miami and yes he won before Lebron was born and help guide his teams to championships without Lebron. Can Lebron say he won without Riley? Heck, even if they win this year which is possible, would he have won without learning from Riley and Wade? James has been with Cleveland 8 years and won no titles and appeared in two finals. With Miami, he won 2 rings and in 4 title series. Miami is not losing money by the way.....and the Arison's have made plenty of money on their Heat investment and other investments.

The average NBA franchise is now worth $1.25 billion, riley didn't do anything special

2nd airson inheritied his wealth from daddy while Gilbert is self made...big difference...

lebron brought 2 championships in 4 years....out of the 27 other eyars they had 1...better than the cavs but nothing to write home about and if lebron never went there they still only have 1

There was nothing to learn lebron needed better teammates, jordan never won till scottie and phill came....

They are losing money in ticket sales, finals money, playoff games and products lebron is the #1 selling jersey in the nba

Does Gilbert want to win, sure and he prob has a massive ego, but at the end of the day the nba is a business don't get it twisted because u are a fan