• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Woj: Cavs fire David Blatt

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who thinks James isn't the main reason behind this, is just totally being unrealistic.

Will it matter?
Nope.
Their season will end in the same fashion, whatever that may be.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd also rank George over James too. His importance to that team is obvious.....he missed most of last season, he returns and they are a lot better this season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is, there's a big chance Tyronn Lue will be coaching the East for the All-Star game now.

Somewhere Allen Iverson is laughing his ass off!

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Cleveland sports. Really think about what LeBron has done here. He left Miami in an orchestrated move to go to Ohio (his right to do, but let's call it what it was). Riley and LeBron's relationship somewhat soured in Miami as Riley isn't going to let any player call the shots on his team. So LeBron bolts. He then goes to Cleveland and signs contracts with one year opt outs. Why? So he can hold a gun to the franchises head for anything he wants. Don't give him what he wants... he will bolt. You honestly think that is out of the question? Really? So now what Cleveland? What happens this offseason? Your team isn't good enough to beat the Spurs or Warriors. Here comes LeBron with that gun for the new CBA max contract money. Youre about to sign away your franchise so you can max contract a 36/37 year old player one day.

At least the Lakers got 5 titles out of their guy before they sold away their future on a lifetime achievement contract. To put it another way.. Cavs fans.. you're about to get butt raped. And everyone can see it coming..except you. But hey, you wouldn't be Cleveland fans if you did see it coming.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who thinks James isn't the main reason behind this, is just totally being unrealistic.

Will it matter?
Nope.
Their season will end in the same fashion, whatever that may be.

and i'll repeat what I said earlier. you simply DON'T change horses in the middle of a stream. to a team that wasn't gonna make it anyhow it may not have been all that bad, but this team's leading the east and ANY kinda turmoil imo is detrimental...

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but James regression on his outside shot has hurt him offensively.
without a doubt. I am not saying James is better than Curry... or Curry is better. I am saying a case can be made for either man right now. With each new season the choice becomes Curry more and more. Old lion vs Young Lion. It's the history of the NBA.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Cleveland sports. Really think about what LeBron has done here. He left Miami in an orchestrated move to go to Ohio (his right to do, but let's call it what it was). Riley and LeBron's relationship somewhat soured in Miami as Riley isn't going to let any player call the shots on his team. So LeBron bolts. He then goes to Cleveland and signs contracts with one year opt outs. Why? So he can hold a gun to the franchises head for anything he wants. Don't give him what he wants... he will bolt. You honestly think that is out of the question? Really? So now what Cleveland? What happens this offseason? Your team isn't good enough to beat the Spurs or Warriors. Here comes LeBron with that gun for the new CBA max contract money. Youre about to sign away your franchise so you can max contract a 36/37 year old player one day.

At least the Lakers got 5 titles out of their guy before they sold away their future on a lifetime achievement contract. To put it another way.. Cavs fans.. you're about to get butt raped. And everyone can see it coming..except you. But hey, you wouldn't be Cleveland fans if you did see it coming.

Only way this isn't 100% correct, would be if the Cavs do win a title.
I personally think anyone involved, team or fan, would live with it because they know it's the only chance they'll prob ever have.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is, there's a big chance Tyronn Lue will be coaching the East for the All-Star game now.

Somewhere Allen Iverson is laughing his ass off!

wonder if this'll be the season where experts will look back and say the Warriors crushed the Cavs spirit BEFORE the finals...?

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think anyone involved, team or fan, would live with it because they know it's the only chance they'll prob ever have.

Agreed. A title in Cleveland sports ... They would sell their homes back to the Indians for one title they are so starved there. But let's be honest, a title? With that team? They better hope all those concerns about Curry's ankles a few years back comes to fruition.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh i understand about paying luxury taxes...Lakers have done it for many seasons...mostly WINNING seasons. But he was talking about Gilbert being a billionaire vs. the other owners only being millionaires and that somehow that will mean the other teams won't be successful. Mainly he was talking about Buss & the Lakers.

Yeah, that fucker keeps bringing up that tired argument against everyone. Like Gilbert's the only billionaire in the fucking NBA. He still hasn't realized that every team operates under a salary cap. Only reason the Cavs have the roster they have while being able to fit all those salaries under it is because of all the assets they acquired when Lebron was in Miami, who were on their rookie deals. Now they're all on their secondary contracts. But yeah, Wiggy, who likes to brag about how smart he is because he's in law school, fails to grasp simple fucking concepts.

If I had a kid like Wiggy, I would make it a mission to have my balls right next to a microwave when it's turned on as much as possible. So to not pollute the world's population with my faulty genetics.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i'll repeat what I said earlier. you simply DON'T change horses in the middle of a stream. to a team that wasn't gonna make it anyhow it may not have been all that bad, but this team's leading the east and ANY kinda turmoil imo is detrimental...

True.
If this is all because of the Warriors game, then it's a giant overreaction.
Warriors might be better, but no way are they that much better.
We saw a lot of close games between those 2 teams.
Cavs just had a real bad night on the same night the Warriors had a very strong night.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hard to disagree with that. only the biggest homers would disagree that the Cavs window is closing...and faster than any of 'em wanna admit...

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally. This team has underachieved so badly. It's about time something happened. Make the moves you have to make. I'd like to see a blockbuster trade that gets Love out of here too. Pretty sure everyone agrees that Love hasn't been close to as good as everyone thought he would be. The Cavs need to younger, and smaller if they expect to compete with Golden State. So let's just fucking do something. This is a step in the right direction. I was so tired of watching hero ball offense and uninspired defense. It was CLEAR to anybody who watched the Cavs this season that the players had absolutely no respect for Blatt, and just did what they wanted to.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that fucker keeps bringing up that tired argument against everyone. Like Gilbert's the only billionaire in the fucking NBA. He still hasn't realized that every team operates under a salary cap. Only reason the Cavs have the roster they have while being able to fit all those salaries under it is because of all the assets they acquired when Lebron was in Miami, who were on their rookie deals. Now they're all on their secondary contracts. But yeah, Wiggy, who likes to brag about how smart he is because he's in law school, fails to grasp simple fucking concepts.

If I had a kid like Wiggy, I would make it a mission to have my balls right next to a microwave when it's turned on as much as possible. So to not pollute the world's population with my faulty genetics.
Hahahahahahahahahahaha oh man. I definitely appreciate the gesture- as extreme as it is-and I'm sure others here do as well.

TF12 tried to explain why their personal money status has no bearings on the team's success but as you said, he can't grasp simple concepts.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally. This team has underachieved so badly. It's about time something happened. Make the moves you have to make. I'd like to see a blockbuster trade that gets Love out of here too. Pretty sure everyone agrees that Love hasn't been close to as good as everyone thought he would be. The Cavs need to younger, and smaller if they expect to compete with Golden State. So let's just fucking do something. This is a step in the right direction. I was so tired of watching hero ball offense and uninspired defense. It was CLEAR to anybody who watched the Cavs this season that the players had absolutely no respect for Blatt, and just did what they wanted to.

Wiggy thinks that Love is the second coming of Jesus.
Maybe it's the long hair :noidea:

And the offense won't change.
He does what he wants, when he wants, during any part of any game.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hard to disagree with that. only the biggest homers would disagree that the Cavs window is closing...and faster than any of 'em wanna admit...

Sometimes greatness fades slowly like with Duncan. Other times it is Mohammed Ali stepping into a ring in the Bahamas and getting whipped by Trevor Berbick. I don't know how LeBron's story ends. I just know back problems combined with the load he carries lends me to think it will be a fast and sudden decline.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wiggy isn't going to like this.....but it's 100% true.