• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Woj: Cavs fire David Blatt

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A B rating is still pretty solid. A C and lower and you're living dangerously.

I don't think I've ever knowingly tried a C rated restaurant. I have eaten my wife's food plenty though and survived :lol:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in all fairness MJ didn't have a losing record in terms of Finals appearances either. Just sayin...

Ugh this bullshit again. Basketball is a team game. MJ and LBJ and the rest don't 'win the Finals' their teams do. LBJ has been the best player in the league for 5 years and this is not even a debatable point, even if his teams never won a title. But his team won two, and he made 4 other Finals, 2 with NO ONE to help.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, because in TYPICAL Wiggy fashion he tried to deflect all the attention on the Lakers franchise because the Dubs steamrolled the Cavs the other night and he got tired of being reminded of it...

Well that didn't work. In fact, saying this is a hobby for Gilbert just gave me more to taunt him with. :clap:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh this bullshit again. Basketball is a team game. MJ and LBJ and the rest don't 'win the Finals' their teams do. LBJ has been the best player in the league for 5 years and this is not even a debatable point, even if his teams never won a title. .
Fair enough.

"But his team won two, and he made 4 other Finals, 2 with NO ONE to help" This is also BS. He had 4 other players on the court, yes? Didn't he pick the teams he's played on? Didn't he hand pick a lot of the guys he's played with? No one to help???Yea, BS. :bullshit:

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough.

"But his team won two, and he made 4 other Finals, 2 with NO ONE to help" This is also BS. He had 4 other players on the court, yes? Didn't he pick the teams he's played on? Didn't he hand pick a lot of the guys he's played with? No one to help???Yea, BS. :bullshit:

Weak sauce, mate. His first Finals was in Cleveland, when he was young and didn't actually pick his own team (an exaggerated claim by the way), and yes there were 4 others on the court but only technically could they be called quality NBA players. And of course last year it's not on him the 2nd and 3rd best players were hurt.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weak sauce, mate. His first Finals was in Cleveland, when he was young and didn't actually pick his own team (an exaggerated claim by the way), and yes there were 4 others on the court but only technically could they be called quality NBA players. And of course last year it's not on him the 2nd and 3rd best players were hurt.
What's weak is saying "it's not on him". Wasn't he part of that team? I mean you can't tell me in one sentence that TEAMS win & then say he's not included when they lose. Either they're a team or they're not. Can't be both ways. Pick one.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's weak is saying "it's not on him". Wasn't he part of that team? I mean you can't tell me in one sentence that TEAMS win & then say he's not included when they lose. Either they're a team or they're not. Can't be both ways. Pick one.

agreed. sounds like excuses and passes if you ask me...

can't have it both ways...

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure what your point is though. The thing we are talking about is LeBron being so good that teams will basically let him come in and run things, because they want the best player on their team. MJ had the same power. Arguing about the semantics of who 'lost' a Finals is kind of off topic. LeBron carried the Cavs on his back so much last year in the Finals he probably deserved the MVP of the series even in a loss. If there's any player you let have some input into the team he's on, it's him.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed. sounds like excuses and passes if you ask me...

can't have it both ways...
Exactly.

The firing of Blatt comes off as another "excuse" of why they can't beat the elite teams in the league. I wonder when LBJ will stand up and be accountable. He always says he's the best player on the planet so maybe he should lead by example. Stop playing ISO ball & give his teammates a chance to play to their potential. When I hear/see that then I can give him "passes" on his losses.

It's the same thing that was said about Kobe when he didn't have HOFers on his team & he tried to take over & do everything.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what your point is though. The thing we are talking about is LeBron being so good that teams will basically let him come in and run things, because they want the best player on their team. MJ had the same power. Arguing about the semantics of who 'lost' a Finals is kind of off topic. LeBron carried the Cavs on his back so much last year in the Finals he probably deserved the MVP of the series even in a loss. If there's any player you let have some input into the team he's on, it's him.
I'm not arguing that LBJ is a great player. I also do agree that a franchise player should be able to express his feelings in terms of important changes.

My point is that his recommendations have not equated to a better product. Not in the past when he called for certain players and probably not now in this situation-although we won't know for sure until later in the season.

At lease when MJ gave his input it resulted in success for the TEAM & not just to satisfy his personal desires.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not arguing that LBJ is a great player. I also do agree that a franchise player should be able to express his feelings in terms of important changes.

My point is that his recommendations have not equated to a better product. Not in the past when he called for certain players and probably not now in this situation-although we won't know for sure until later in the season.

At lease when MJ gave his input it resulted in success for the TEAM & not just to satisfy his personal desires.

You don't think LeBron is trying to get some team success (more rings) too? He's making moves for 'personal desires' not because he wants to win? M'kay.....