• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Woj: Cavs fire David Blatt

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weak sauce, mate. His first Finals was in Cleveland, when he was young and didn't actually pick his own team (an exaggerated claim by the way), and yes there were 4 others on the court but only technically could they be called quality NBA players. And of course last year it's not on him the 2nd and 3rd best players were hurt.

:lol:

Larry Hughes was a solid running mate. And Ilgauskas was a legit low post center. Gooden was a solid role playing PF next to Ilgauskas and they had shooters in Hughes, Pavlovic, Jones, and Gibson.

They weren't great at all but they were better than people seem to remember.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

The firing of Blatt comes off as another "excuse" of why they can't beat the elite teams in the league. I wonder when LBJ will stand up and be accountable. He always says he's the best player on the planet so maybe he should lead by example. Stop playing ISO ball & give his teammates a chance to play to their potential. When I hear/see that then I can give him "passes" on his losses.

It's the same thing that was said about Kobe when he didn't have HOFers on his team & he tried to take over & do everything.

Bingo.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

Larry Hughes was a solid running mate. And Ilgauskas was a legit low post center. Gooden was a solid role playing PF next to Ilgauskas and they had shooters in Hughes, Pavlovic, Jones, and Gibson.

They weren't great at all but they were better than people seem to remember.

yep. 66 and 61 win seasons, but DAMN they sure did suck...:heh:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron the best player in the league? Maybe 3-4 years ago.

Most would pick Curry over Lebron without hesitation.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think LeBron is trying to get some team success (more rings) too? He's making moves for 'personal desires' not because he wants to win? M'kay.....
Are you asking me or assuming? Of course one would hope he's not doing it for just personal reasons. But what I'm saying is he isn't able to see that he's a GREAT player not a president of Basketball operations. With a losing record maybe he should just stick to player status & let the folks that are paid to make those decisions make them.

Clearly he hasn't been on the same page with Blatt. But, we haven't seen much of an effort from him to get on the same page. That is also part of his job as the 'leader' of that team & a GREAT way for him to lead by example.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the Blatt firing, this is just another example of how everything has to be just right for him to win.

Not good enough team mates? Move to another team and pick your own.

TWICE

Oh, and get your coach fired when you have the best record in your conference is also a good one!

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you asking me or assuming? Of course one would hope he's not doing it for just personal reasons. But what I'm saying is he isn't able to see that he's a GREAT player not a president of Basketball operations. With a losing record maybe he should just stick to player status & let the folks that are paid to make those decisions make them.

Clearly he hasn't been on the same page with Blatt. But, we haven't seen much of an effort from him to get on the same page. That is also part of his job as the 'leader' of that team & a GREAT way for him to lead by example.

you could see it from damn near the beginning. LBJ NEVER really had any true respect for the guy...

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wouldn't ANYONE who didn't have an overwhelming desire to swing on LeBron's nuts these days...?

Cmon now. LeBron is a much better defender than Curry. He can do more defensively. He can also score. Curry is a point God. An amazing talent offensively who hits 3's at the rate almost everybody else hits 2's. I really don't think you can go wrong with either... but if we are talking right now.. this year... a strong case can be made for both men. As each year passes Curry will become the more obvious answer.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon now. LeBron is a much better defender than Curry. He can do more defensively. He can also score. Curry is a point God. An amazing talent offensively who hits 3's at the rate almost everybody else hits 2's. I really don't think you can go wrong with either... but if we are talking right now.. this year... a strong case can be made for both men. As each year passes Curry will become the more obvious answer.

oh i'm not arguing that, Flauge. it's just that it's kinda funny how much LeBron fans are so flat-out DESPERATE for him to STILL be called the best in the game...

that simply CAN'T last forever...

as far as better, Curry can be downright SICK when he shoots the ball...

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you could see it from damn near the beginning. LBJ NEVER really had any true respect for the guy...

Real talk... Has he had any respect for ANY of his head coaches? Dude didn't even respect Spoles in Miami. Remember that shoulder bumping crap? Miami said they didn't see each other? That was great. I honestly think if he doesn't have Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, or Pops as his coach, he isn't respecting the guy. Somehow Lue has his respect? Sure he does. Till Lue decides to run a lineup LeBron doesn't want out there.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Something EVERYONE with eyes has noticed even if it wasn't brought up much.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure, but James regression on his outside shot has hurt him offensively.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real talk... Has he had any respect for ANY of his head coaches? Dude didn't even respect Spoles in Miami. Remember that shoulder bumping crap? Miami said they didn't see each other? That was great. I honestly think if he doesn't have Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, or Pops as his coach, he isn't respecting the guy. Somehow Lue has his respect? Sure he does. Till Lue decides to run a lineup LeBron doesn't want out there.

forgot about that bumping "incident" down there. good call, Flauge...

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now.....Curry is the best player and the MVP. That's not always true.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good points.
I see Curry with the edge because defense is 100% effort. There isn't a special talent needed to be good at it. So therefore, any guy in the league could potentially be a good/great defender if he wanted to.

Now on the other hand, LBJ has worked on his jumper practically as long as he's been in the league and to this day has come NO WHERE NEAR as good a shooter as Curry is. So if I had to choose one to build my team around, for those reasons, I'm going with Curry AllDay.