• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Woj: Cavs fire David Blatt

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So LeBron James fired David Blatt? Tough guy to work for I guess. Finals appearance in his first year, #1 seed at mid way point.. on pace to win 60 games and gets fired? P-A-N-I-C move.

I believe LeBron realizes the situation he is in. Cleveland's roster just isn't good enough to win a finals. Tristan Thompson is massively overpaid. Kyrie Irving has a ton of injuries for someone his age. Kevin Love is soft. They are a good team.. they just aren't better than Golden State or San Antonio. They are that next tier down with OKC and LAC. LeBron is on the wrong side of 30.. the window is getting smaller and the Warriors aren't going anywhere.

Oh boy, Flauge. Wiggy's about to have a tit fit with this.

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So LeBron James fired David Blatt? Tough guy to work for I guess. Finals appearance in his first year, #1 seed at mid way point.. on pace to win 60 games and gets fired? P-A-N-I-C move.

I believe LeBron realizes the situation he is in. Cleveland's roster just isn't good enough to win a finals. Tristan Thompson is massively overpaid. Kyrie Irving has a ton of injuries for someone his age. Kevin Love is soft. They are a good team.. they just aren't better than Golden State or San Antonio. They are that next tier down with OKC and LAC. LeBron is on the wrong side of 30.. the window is getting smaller and the Warriors aren't going anywhere.

Lebron is great, but when a player starts directly dictating managerial positions within an organization, there are some fundamental problems.

Lebron basically worked Gilbert over the table by agreeing to come back to Cleveland.

It should be rather obvious who is running that franchise right now.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is great, but when a player starts directly dictating managerial positions within an organization, there are some fundamental problems.

Lebron basically worked Gilbert over the table by agreeing to come back to Cleveland.

It should be rather obvious who is running that franchise right now.

See, we've tried explaining this to some Cavs fans. Sadly, they don't listen to outside perspective.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs got a built-in excuse this year. "Our guys weren't used to the new coach yet".

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A trade for me that makes the most sense if you were to move Love would be to trade him and Mozgof to the Pelicans for Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon. Clears 15M in cap space with Gordon in the off-season, and also he could contribute as an additional scorer for them off the bench. Ryan Anderson would duplicate what Love is doing for them right now since they're not using Love properly anyways.

That trade doesn't work. Not even close.

Gordon and Anderson make a shit ton and Mozgov makes like 5 million per season.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs got a built-in excuse this year. "Our guys weren't used to the new coach yet".
Was thinking the same thing. I say Wiggy is the first to use it.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many teams fire their coach before the All Star break and go on to actually win it all? Guessing......not many.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was thinking the same thing. I say Wiggy is the first to use it.

Fuck him. He's done with excuses. He said this team had a year to gel and all his shit talking in the pre-season left him no wiggle room.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stick to Taco Bell, Del Taco and the mom and pop Mexican restaurant across the street from my apartment complex.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck him. He's done with excuses. He said this team had a year to gel and all his shit talking in the pre-season left him no wiggle room.

They are going to break the Bulls record for most wins in a season. :pound:

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Yea but did you hear his latest Tom Foolery?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That trade doesn't work. Not even close.

Gordon and Anderson make a shit ton and Mozgov makes like 5 million per season.

Gordon Makes 15.5M a year and Anderson 8.5M.

Love Makes 19.6 and Mozgov makes 5M.

Math is hard.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find myself normally cheering for the Cavs because I like Lebron so I think I can respond...

Did he really make any impact good or bad? He seems like he just kind of stood there.

I don't think he was the right coach from day 1, but he got hired pre lebron

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stick to Taco Bell, Del Taco and the mom and pop Mexican restaurant across the street from my apartment complex.

Haven't ate taco bell, since they gave me food poisoning a couple of months ago, and I love taco bell.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta love all these media reporters and analysts. Haven't had a thing to say all season about Blatt / Lue / Cavs coaching.... now all of a sudden they all saw this coming, none of them are surprised, it all makes so much sense.

Well, Stephen A and Skip always talked about it, but you guys hate them.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS is MY post from EARLIER TODAY at 9:30 AM before ANY of this came out or even happened:

8255.jpg
WiggyRussWell-Known Member

$ 1,000​
cleveland_indians.gif cleveland_cavaliers.gif cleveland_browns.gif

ya know...i dunno if Blatt is the bset guy for this job- and i am critical of him at points- but i like the guy...he came from Israel, left his family, to take on another challenge because he had accomplished all he could in Europe. He signed with the guys having no idea that soon LeBron would be coming back, Love would be coming in- he thought he was coaching a young team of likely Wiggins, Irving, Thompson, with some mucho cap space to add a guy or two----- instead he gets the biggest target on his back in the entire league. He is a VERY smart guy from Princeton...and i think he really wants to make it work. Make no mistake- if they dont win it all this year with a full roster hes gonna be in some major heat.

I cant believe the Nets thought they had a chance at Cal...if anyone would- it would be the Cavs

AND YES- i am a fucking genius- you dont have to tell me.