• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wk 8 vs MIA...MNF

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK...that SHOULD be the case, but he's signed thru the 2020 season.

Foster actually has played pretty well this season, but he's on the roster because Ben wanted "his guys". They just couldn't justify keeping Gilbert, but they obliged Ben with extension deals handed out to Pouncey and Foster. Obviously the contract is not very toxic if they choose to let him go in lieu of Finney. Very possible for that to happen if Foster misses a few games here. Finney got a nice bump in pay for '19, but will be a UFA next yr...now I'm wondering if he will be too expensive.
Keep him on the roster, but bump him to reserve, if his contract is friendly enough.

Losing Finney would suck. Shouldn't happen to let Foster play out the last year of his deal. Gotta play the best 5. And Finney is in the best 5. He's also a good fill in for Pouncey when he goes down. And could be a bridge replacement when Pouncey is done.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep him on the roster, but bump him to reserve, if his contract is friendly enough.

Losing Finney would suck. Shouldn't happen to let Foster play out the last year of his deal. Gotta play the best 5. And Finney is in the best 5. He's also a good fill in for Pouncey when he goes down. And could be a bridge replacement when Pouncey is done.

I teased in my last post, but you bring up here as well...back up C.

TheBurgh88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You guys looked really stupid for about 30 minutes last night...

Yeah we can't all be a solid team like the Raiders. How are Brown and Bryant working out for you?

Thanks for the draft picks.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm disappointed in the lack of Washington in the passing game. I don't know if he's not getting open, or not getting looked at.

But I love the hell out of this!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm disappointed in the lack of Washington in the passing game. I don't know if he's not getting open, or not getting looked at.

But I love the hell out of this!

It's a mixture... Shoddy QB play, scheming, and WR's struggling to get open consistently.

I remember seein somethin on Twitter about his "yards of separation per route" and he's up to ~4yds in that category, up from about ~2yds from last season. In other words, he went from being blanketed to having a step or 2 on a DB.

In watching the film I think @ATL96Steeler pointed out that he struggles to get open until the top portion of his routes. Meaning it takes time for him to get open and these young QBs simply aren't patient or trusting enough to throw him the ball.

I think the more Mason starts to trust & anticipate his receivers the more downfield passes we'll see. That contested throw to Juju against MIA was a good example of this. Previously he would have sailed that pass or checked it down. He may be starting to realize that he doesn't need to lead his receivers every time. Just get the ball down to an area only they can get to and let them make a play.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a mixture... Shoddy QB play, scheming, and WR's struggling to get open consistently.

I remember seein somethin on Twitter about his "yards of separation per route" and he's up to ~4yds in that category, up from about ~2yds from last season. In other words, he went from being blanketed to having a step or 2 on a DB.

In watching the film I think @ATL96Steeler pointed out that he struggles to get open until the top portion of his routes. Meaning it takes time for him to get open and these young QBs simply aren't patient or trusting enough to throw him the ball.

I think the more Mason starts to trust & anticipate his receivers the more downfield passes we'll see. That contested throw to Juju against MIA was a good example of this. Previously he would have sailed that pass or checked it down. He may be starting to realize that he doesn't need to lead his receivers every time. Just get the ball down to an area only they can get to and let them make a play.
Last night early he had some bad passes and then later in the game I think it was the fact other receivers were getting open and not him.

^^With that said if he continues to block like that he will stay on the field.