• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wk 8 vs MIA...MNF

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
revisionist history i see, Boz played a big part in us missing the playoffs. But im sure glad hes effective now when we blow. Its totally awesome
Meh, he definitely cost the Stillers last year, but given what he did previous to last year and what he’s doing this one, it obvious last year was an aberration. I can forgive that.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the start of this game I was happy because maybe, just maybe that would have been the end of Tomlin but no that have to go win this one. :L

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical Steeler game this year get a win but a starter gets hurt. Hopefully Conners injury isn’t serious.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost got the score correct in this game. Never thought it would start the way it did but at least the Steelers won the game. Losing to that team is out of question, especially at home. Hopefully the RB's are going to be ready to play.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesnt matter if he had 1 leg. He hurt us.

Yea, because it was all him that cost us. And Ben still has one arm so by your logic this shit season is his fault.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point...there is serious competition for #1 overall now. CIN is also ofer, and ATL, WAS, NYJ only have 1 win.

I can't believe the RAIDERS are even losing that battle...

The Fins looked good for a good bit of the first half... Well they took advantage of you guys looking like shit for a bit anyway.

Glad Rudolph lived to play again.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, he definitely cost the Stillers last year, but given what he did previous to last year and what he’s doing this one, it obvious last year was an aberration. I can forgive that.
At this point , so can I.but bringing inn a different kicker last year is simple. Possibly season saving. Teams do it regularly. Who trots out a hurt kicker weeekly

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched maybe 30-40% of this game. I watched the first quarter, turned it off after the laughable mess that game turned into quickly. Turned it back on to watch the DJ touchdown on that silly ass Miami prevent D with only 3 dudes on the backend. Thanks for tanking Miami. Turned it off and spent time with the family before I turned it back on again late in the game to watch JuJu straight up Moss some dude. Turned it off again to tend to my kids and then I switched it back on late in the game when it was 27-14 and watched the final couple series. Shame to see Conner get hurt like that in needless fashion. Didn't know that Snell was already out, and Samuels inactive. Rough.

The end stats looked polished and shiny. But the early goings against a winless Dolphins squad was very concerning. Rudolph looked pretty terrible. Still struggling mightily with anything longer than a 10yd pass. And the O-line wasn't getting much of a push.

Going down 14-0 to the worst team in the league after coming off bye was absolutely embarrassing. I'm honestly surprised that I even found the courage to turn the game back on. 2 weeks of prep to look that inept? Yikes.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard that BJ Finney stepped in to play in wake of Foster's injury and played well. Go figure.

Water is wet, sky is blue, BJ Finney should be a starter.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard that BJ Finney stepped in to play in wake of Foster's injury and played well. Go figure.

Water is wet, sky is blue, BJ Finney should be a starter.
I'll be surprised and disappointed if Foster comes back next season. One of the two won't be here next year. That job belongs to Finney. Let that man play for the team he loves.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win is a win is a win.

I'll take it baby!

Tomlin/Butler...B,

The early part of the game was a head scratcher...the DL was kicking ass, but getting nothing out of their effort. #18 was torching Haden. The slant at there all day. The zone paid off last night with the 1st pick by Fitz...the second served mostly like a pretty good punt, but a pick is a pick. The second half was much better, circumstance led to them being shut out in the 2nd half, but the pressure was there...TJ was a beast all night, player of the week...I would be remiss if I didn't give Tomlin credit for the challenge he FINALLY won...important one too as it resulted in a change of possession.

Fichtner...C,

Kudos to Rudolph for picking himself and his game up off the turf. And Fichtner...after the rocky start and getting down 14-0, he kept the running game in play and the down field aggression on the passing game. OL did an adequate job of run blocking and pass protection under some intense blitzes...on one play I saw 8 Dolphins rushing the passer...talk about all or nothing...the old Buddy Ryan attack. Maybe it was just me, but the OFC pass interference on Johnson was a complete joke...the defender had his arms on the WR...he knocked them away, makes an incredible catch, should've been a TD. Late in the game the RB situation was in bad shape...Snell and Connor were both knocked out....Edmunds ended up taking a 3rd and 1 carry.

ST...C...Missed FG, and several short kick offs gave MIA good starting field position.

Summary

This was a must win, and they got the W. It wasn't as pretty as I would've liked, but it was pretty clear that Rudolph did not pick up where he left off with his last start, but he got better as the game went along. With the next game at home, he should be a little more at ease to start the game. Hopefully the injured players are ready for next week.

The Steelers stay relevant in the 2019 season.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched maybe 30-40% of this game. I watched the first quarter, turned it off after the laughable mess that game turned into quickly. Turned it back on to watch the DJ touchdown on that silly ass Miami prevent D with only 3 dudes on the backend. Thanks for tanking Miami. Turned it off and spent time with the family before I turned it back on again late in the game to watch JuJu straight up Moss some dude. Turned it off again to tend to my kids and then I switched it back on late in the game when it was 27-14 and watched the final couple series. Shame to see Conner get hurt like that in needless fashion. Didn't know that Snell was already out, and Samuels inactive. Rough.

The end stats looked polished and shiny. But the early goings against a winless Dolphins squad was very concerning. Rudolph looked pretty terrible. Still struggling mightily with anything longer than a 10yd pass. And the O-line wasn't getting much of a push.

Going down 14-0 to the worst team in the league after coming off bye was absolutely embarrassing. I'm honestly surprised that I even found the courage to turn the game back on. 2 weeks of prep to look that inept? Yikes.

I never turned it, but I had the sound down listening to music...14-0 felt less like shit than with the TV volume off

My take is Rudolph needed a mulligan for the 1st Qtr...picking up where he left off clearly didn't happen. Nix was a factor in the running game...I was as concerned with the D early in the game.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be surprised and disappointed if Foster comes back next season. One of the two won't be here next year. That job belongs to Finney. Let that man play for the team he loves.
Feels like I've been saying this for 2-3 years. Foster is a good glue guy but he's one of the weaker parts of the line. Agree that Finney deserves it. The extension they gave Foster in the offseason didn't make a ton of sense to me, but it appeased Ben & solidified the O-line. Without Foster they would have needed to draft someone, of which they basically did with Derwin Gray. But he was a wasted pick of sorts, and more of a reserve/future type signing. They could afford to do that though given there weren't too many obvious needs.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels like I've been saying this for 2-3 years. Foster is a good glue guy but he's one of the weaker parts of the line. Agree that Finney deserves it. The extension they gave Foster in the offseason didn't make a ton of sense to me, but it appeased Ben & solidified the O-line. Without Foster they would have needed to draft someone, of which they basically did with Derwin Gray. But he was a wasted pick of sorts, and more of a reserve/future type signing. They could afford to do that though given there weren't too many obvious needs.
It's time to stop appeasing Ben, and make decision best for the team long term.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IDK...that SHOULD be the case, but he's signed thru the 2020 season.

Foster actually has played pretty well this season, but he's on the roster because Ben wanted "his guys". They just couldn't justify keeping Gilbert, but they obliged Ben with extension deals handed out to Pouncey and Foster. Obviously the contract is not very toxic if they choose to let him go in lieu of Finney. Very possible for that to happen if Foster misses a few games here. Finney got a nice bump in pay for '19, but will be a UFA next yr...now I'm wondering if he will be too expensive.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time to stop appeasing Ben, and make decision best for the team long term.

Leverage...use it or lose it...Ben used it for the last time I think.

Considering Derwin Gray is the next G on the PS...PIT will either extend Finney and release Foster, or allow Foster to play out his deal and promote Gray to his back up.

If they lose Finney, or he becomes the starter, they lose the back up C. Does Patrick Morris have dual position talent?