• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: With the 5th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select:

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would much rather have Tua than the other QBs. Burrow is the only QB I would take before him. Tua is more accurate than the others besides Burrow. Once Tua learns to when to get rid of the ball he could be alright in his career.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would much rather have Tua than the other QBs. Burrow is the only QB I would take before him. Tua is more accurate than the others besides Burrow. Once Tua learns to when to get rid of the ball he could be alright in his career.
Some people are saying that if you put Herbert on Bama he would have showed a lot better. After all they were loaded in comparison to Oregon. Also Love lost his HC and the whole team slumped. Perhaps he would have showed better too. I'm not sure but this is what I'm hearing out there. I think all three including Tua should sit their first season so when the smoke clears they may all do well if this happens.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Herbert would have got hurt as much. QBs can't make a play every snap. Herbert plays smarter in that sense. However, Tua made plays in the biggest games at the biggest times.I think his mentality would carry over to the NFL. He is almost too much of a warrior in games.

I wouldn't be upset if the Fins pick Herbert. He has a running element to his game. Rather than try to force the ball he will make plays with his feet in big situations. Herbert plays to his strengths well. If they want Herbert they should pick the two best available OTs. Herbert is a very different QB when he has time to throw. A RB and Safety can be picked in the 2nd round. Delpit played hurt late in the year. If he slides far enough he could be a steal for the Fins. Edwards Helair and AJ Dillon should be available in the second or third round. The Fins should plan to package some late picks to move up to the 3rd or 4th round.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from another poster very interesting or smokescreen:

Drew Rosenhaus said on Sports Xtra he thinks the Dolphins take Herbet at 5 and will pass on Tua there. If they take a lineman at 5 they target Tua or Love later on.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they take a QB that could play next season would they even need Fitz? Couldn't they let say Herbert and Rosen duke it out so that they both progress. Can they cut Fitz without penalty if this happens?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from another poster very interesting or smokescreen:

Drew Rosenhaus said on Sports Xtra he thinks the Dolphins take Herbet at 5 and will pass on Tua there. If they take a lineman at 5 they target Tua or Love later on.

I have heard that also. That they will get the top OT at 5 and trade up for a QB. That could work as long as they are still able to get the QB that they want. I am hearing that some teams want to trade down. Teams should be talking to the Fins first because they have the most to offer in a trade.

The Fins are really looking to build a team that will be competitive every year. I think they have a great chance to make that happen. They will have a lot of young talent. Plus they added the right FAs.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they take a QB that could play next season would they even need Fitz? Couldn't they let say Herbert and Rosen duke it out so that they both progress. Can they cut Fitz without penalty if this happens?

I would keep Fitzpatrick. It would give a rookie QB time to develop. Plus the Fins have a legit chance to make the playoffs. The defense will be difficult to deal with and Fitz has chemistry with the offensive playmakers. He will have a much better oline to protect him and a better running game.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would keep Fitzpatrick. It would give a rookie QB time to develop. Plus the Fins have a legit chance to make the playoffs. The defense will be difficult to deal with and Fitz has chemistry with the offensive playmakers. He will have a much better oline to protect him and a better running game.
Say they take Herbert who could start next season or sometime during the season what do you do with Rosen then? What if Rosen shows that he can compete with Herbert or if anything be one of the top backup QB's. Do you trade him when Fitz is really only a one year deal because he may retire before being a backup to the new QB? Wouldn't it be smarter to hang onto the two young QB's so that they hedge their bets and have a solid QB foundation moving forward? Anyway I'm not sure if Rosen or the new QB will be the guy but I'd prefer to have as many options as possible. If Fitz promised to stay as backup for the next few years that of course wouldn't be horrible but will he?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitzpatrick could have retired years ago. He loves football. He will be a good person for a rookie to learn from. He could decide to stay a few years with the team.

I think Rosen would play a lot better with an improved oline and running game. Which is what the Fins will have. That said The Fins could decide to develop a rookie. Its most likely that Fitzpatrick stays.

If the Jags dont pick a QB they could trade for Rosen. They need a good backup/potential starter. They may tank for Trevor so they aren't in a win now mode.