• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wisconsin at Arizona State Game Thread

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What will be interesting to see is if Wisconsin makes any mental errors on D due to the change to the 3-4. Our offense will be going fast, it will be hot, and the most important part of the game will be played past midnight Wisconsin time. There will be fatigue and they'll have a tough time getting the play call in. We'll probably see Wiscy's defensive playcalling get more and more vanilla as the game goes on.

I wonder how much we will use DJ at running back?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x_a52zXTc]JediASU: The Dynamic Duo: Will Sutton and Carl Bradford 2012 Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMLlV6MKORA]JediASU: College Football - It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year - YouTube[/ame]

I LOVE JEDI.

Last edited by a moderator:

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin isn't getting a ton of push on the offensive line against FCS schools, but they're going to score 30 points (mostly on the ground) against Arizona State?

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how much we will use DJ at running back?

I like him in the slot. I think we'll see him motioned into the backfield a lot more to run some triple option and inverted veer, and I think we'll see more sets with DJ and Grice in the backfield at the same time. I'd really like to see all the backs on the field at once.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like him in the slot. I think we'll see him motioned into the backfield a lot more to run some triple option and inverted veer, and I think we'll see more sets with DJ and Grice in the backfield at the same time. I'd really like to see all the backs on the field at once.

Triple Option is something that helped our running game so much the last 3 games of last year.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin isn't getting a ton of push on the offensive line against FCS schools, but they're going to score 30 points (mostly on the ground) against Arizona State?

If Wisconsin wins I'd expect the score to be somewhere in the mid teens or low 20s. If it turns into a shootout ASU has an advantage IMO.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you open up holes on the line to spring the best set of backs in America? Absolutely. Even with me calling them out for not getting enough push, our three running backs have 785 yards on 82 carries in two games. Those are pretty serious numbers even for UMass and Tennessee Tech.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What will be interesting to see is if Wisconsin makes any mental errors on D due to the change to the 3-4. Our offense will be going fast, it will be hot, and the most important part of the game will be played past midnight Wisconsin time. There will be fatigue and they'll have a tough time getting the play call in. We'll probably see Wiscy's defensive playcalling get more and more vanilla as the game goes on.

This is a valid point. However the new coaching staff has implemented this defense very well and no mental errors have occurred (so far vs below avg opponents). ASU is a step up but the solid coaching staff and high IQ players on UW leads me to believe these errors will not occur or be limited to not factoring in to the outcome.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wisconsin wins I'd expect the score to be somewhere in the mid teens or low 20s. If it turns into a shootout ASU has an advantage IMO.

I just cannot see a shootout with these two defenses who are elite (top 5 IMO). However if it comes down to a FG ASU will win since UW has one of the worst if not the worst Kicker in the NCAA.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you open up holes on the line to spring the best set of backs in America? Absolutely. Even with me calling them out for not getting enough push, our three running backs have 785 yards on 82 carries in two games. Those are pretty serious numbers even for UMass and Tennessee Tech.

Who cares? It's Umass and Tennessee Tech?! If there was a top 175 Umass and Tennessee Tech wouldn't be in it.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham is our modern day Kush. Now if Chris Young isnt available I say Wisconsin gets the W.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need our front 7 fully intact vs a running team we all saw what happened vs Oregon last year.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I beg to differ.

Agreed, it's the best O-line in the country. This is why most UW backs fail when entering the NFL because they were a product of the O-line. These backs are ok but nothing to brag about. White is not an NFL caliber back and won't be drafted, Clement is a freshman with solid power but has no moves, agility and has avg speed and Gordon has decent top speed but has poor vision and no moves either.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did DAT, Tyner and Marshall transfer to Wisky?