• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Winding It Down in Oakland for Three. Sept 20-21-22.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To play better on the road they need to build a better team. Sometimes we try to make things too complicated. It is not always about massaging and tweaking what you have. Sometimes you just need to discard some players and either develop, trade for, or sign better players.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To play better on the road they need to build a better team. Sometimes we try to make things too complicated. It is not always about massaging and tweaking what you have. Sometimes you just need to discard some players and either develop, trade for, or sign better players.
You sound like Norm Hitzges. :D

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought it unusual although I did not hear specific comments. But here he trashes Mathis cuz thinking Rua running buddies were Guzman and Mazara. Probably much ado about nothing.

One thing we do know is Elvis has no business batting 2 or 3 in the lineup

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't argue this. We are at the point when we need to decide who the keepers are. Hate to move on from obvious talent but may be the next route ahead

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't argue this. We are at the point when we need to decide who the keepers are. Hate to move on from obvious talent but may be the next route ahead
I wonder how tempting it is for managers and coaches to think they can fix everyone instead of just telling upper management, "you might want to replace this guy before we become contenders?" Then, how tempting is it for upper management to believe them simply because that probably means a lighter budget? I am sure they have to watch out for things like that. Then there is always the tendency to be more comfortable with what you already have.

Last edited:

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how tempting it is for managers and coaches to think they can fix everyone instead of just telling upper management, "you might want to replace this guy before we become contenders?" Then, how tempting is it for upper management to believe them simply because that probably means a lighter budget? I am sure they have to watch out for things like that. Then there is always the tendency to be more comfortable with what you already have.

A lot of unrest with Cubs and word they want to move on from Kris Bryant. They have no need for COFs. Perhaps we will be active on the trade market

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We were told constantly about this “young core” who will bring the rangers back.

Mazara, Guzman, and Odor have undoubtedly been the “chosen ones”. These guys have received 5 star treatment from management and coaches while almost everyone else is treated regularly.

These guys play on the field hasn’t warranted the special treatment that they have very obviously received. I’d say almost every other organization in MLB would have been tougher on these guys.

Where has it gotten us? Well........ odor and Guzman’s stats look atrocious. I’ll acknowledge that Guzman has played better since being called up, but Odor is still very close to the Mendoza line. It’s freaking pathetic to have a regular player who hits that poorly.

The rangers need to make it clear to the team that going forward there is “no favorites”. Results on the field and production needs to matter. Playing time should be earned and not given like it’s some 8 year old kids weekly allowance.

I’d love to see wholesale changes to this roster, but I’m expectijg management to look around at the AL west landscape and play it safe. Oakland and the Astros look very salty right now.

I just wish we had a viable plan to build something or improve this team. We’ve tried to rely on core players to develop and trade deadline deals for several years, but so many teams have been tanking lately that we are always trying to sell our players in a buyers market. I think the next thing we must try is making changes to that core.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were told constantly about this “young core” who will bring the rangers back.

Mazara, Guzman, and Odor have undoubtedly been the “chosen ones”. These guys have received 5 star treatment from management and coaches while almost everyone else is treated regularly.

These guys play on the field hasn’t warranted the special treatment that they have very obviously received. I’d say almost every other organization in MLB would have been tougher on these guys.

Where has it gotten us? Well........ odor and Guzman’s stats look atrocious. I’ll acknowledge that Guzman has played better since being called up, but Odor is still very close to the Mendoza line. It’s freaking pathetic to have a regular player who hits that poorly.

The rangers need to make it clear to the team that going forward there is “no favorites”. Results on the field and production needs to matter. Playing time should be earned and not given like it’s some 8 year old kids weekly allowance.

I’d love to see wholesale changes to this roster, but I’m expectijg management to look around at the AL west landscape and play it safe. Oakland and the Astros look very salty right now.

I just wish we had a viable plan to build something or improve this team. We’ve tried to rely on core players to develop and trade deadline deals for several years, but so many teams have been tanking lately that we are always trying to sell our players in a buyers market. I think the next thing we must try is making changes to that core.
I view Guzman and Mazara a lot differently than you do. Once we sign or develop guys who should replace them then I might change my mind.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BA Top 20 prospect list for the AAA Internatiomal League has been released. The Rangers got two players on the list despite not having a team in the league. Allard and Solak made the list at #15 and #16 respectively.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I view Guzman and Mazara a lot differently than you do. Once we sign or develop guys who should replace them then I might change my mind.

Guzman - I did say that he’s played better since being called up. He deserves a chance to fight for starting 1st base with him being the obvious front runner. As long as he doesn’t hit like he did in the first half.

Mazara- I just get a very blah feeling from him. Your main COF is supposed to be a bad ass hitter that pitchers are afraid of. Mazara doesn’t even come close to resembling that. We could do a lot better, but we could do much worse too.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who else is glad the season ends soon?

It’s probably been 2 weeks since I’ve seen a game. I’ll watch some of the Yankees series tho.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who else is glad the season ends soon?

It’s probably been 2 weeks since I’ve seen a game. I’ll watch some of the Yankees series tho.
Appears burn out has exhausted the board. Little participation the last few games

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds like a lot of made up B.S.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guzman - I did say that he’s played better since being called up. He deserves a chance to fight for starting 1st base with him being the obvious front runner. As long as he doesn’t hit like he did in the first half.

Mazara- I just get a very blah feeling from him. Your main COF is supposed to be a bad ass hitter that pitchers are afraid of. Mazara doesn’t even come close to resembling that. We could do a lot better, but we could do much worse too.
Mazara would be a stud on Tampa Bay. How are they doing?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My concern this late is protecting Minor and Lynn. Limit the innings and avoid injuries and prepare for next year. Same for Elvis /Choo And let the young position players have most of the time to evaluate them the duration of the season.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appears burn out has exhausted the board. Little participation the last few games

You’ve been a fan long enough to know that the last few weeks of an MLB regular season are usually pretty stale. Playoff teams are prepping for the playoffs while bad teams just want to go back home and regroup for next year.

The product on the field usually isn’t good.