• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Winding It Down in Oakland for Three. Sept 20-21-22.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season getting short so let's take advantage and be the spoiler.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minor Burke and Lynn scheduled to go. Chances look good.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Grant also had an Elvis column.(BEWARE that Evan mentions the player who shall not be named in his column)

As Rangers' 2019 season comes to an end, it's up to Elvis Andrus to prove shortstop is still his

I want to play shortstop for a long time,” Andrus said. “Because of that, there are a few things I will do. My main goal is to lose 10 to 15 pounds and get back to 195, the weight I played at my rookie season. That will help my range and my speed. Both are big parts of my overall game.:”

But maybe the idea of “competition” isn’t so abstract. Rangers manager Chris Woodward has indicated that competition is coming around the diamond next year. For example, he’s indicated that Odor will have to earn his playing time next year, especially with the likes of Danny Santana, Nick Solak and Isiah Kiner-Falefa around. The main impediment to sitting Odor has been the Rangers’ long-term financial commitment to him. He’s scheduled to make $13 millioin in 2020.

The same question, then, could be asked of Andrus’ situation. Andrus isn’t expected to opt out of his contract this winter, the last opt-out clause he has. If he does not, it will leave the Rangers committed to paying him $15 million per year over the next three years. Meanwhile, Santana and Kiner-Falefa could both play shortstop.

“I think I’m my own competition,” Andrus said. “If I’m healthy and ready to play, I don’t look around at anything other than myself. As long as I can play and be productive, I can stay there. But I’m not getting younger and I want to prove that I can play every single year.”

Shortstop has belonged to him for a decade. Going forward, he may have to prove it still does.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Grant also had an Elvis column.(BEWARE that Evan mentions the player who shall not be named in his column)

As Rangers' 2019 season comes to an end, it's up to Elvis Andrus to prove shortstop is still his

I want to play shortstop for a long time,” Andrus said. “Because of that, there are a few things I will do. My main goal is to lose 10 to 15 pounds and get back to 195, the weight I played at my rookie season. That will help my range and my speed. Both are big parts of my overall game.:”

But maybe the idea of “competition” isn’t so abstract. Rangers manager Chris Woodward has indicated that competition is coming around the diamond next year. For example, he’s indicated that Odor will have to earn his playing time next year, especially with the likes of Danny Santana, Nick Solak and Isiah Kiner-Falefa around. The main impediment to sitting Odor has been the Rangers’ long-term financial commitment to him. He’s scheduled to make $13 millioin in 2020.

The same question, then, could be asked of Andrus’ situation. Andrus isn’t expected to opt out of his contract this winter, the last opt-out clause he has. If he does not, it will leave the Rangers committed to paying him $15 million per year over the next three years. Meanwhile, Santana and Kiner-Falefa could both play shortstop.

“I think I’m my own competition,” Andrus said. “If I’m healthy and ready to play, I don’t look around at anything other than myself. As long as I can play and be productive, I can stay there. But I’m not getting younger and I want to prove that I can play every single year.”

Shortstop has belonged to him for a decade. Going forward, he may have to prove it still does.
Great attitude. Can see a little of Beltre rubbed off on him.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Elvis changes positions in 3 or 4 years.
Don't see him at any other position. He seems to be the type of player where SS is about the only position that fits him.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know not too many want to see this but Nelson Cruz missed about 40 games this year and yet he is hitting .299 with 39 HRs and 102 RBIs with a slg pct of .626 and OPS of 1.010. One of the things I hated the most to see happen as a Ranger fan was losing Cruz. He only got better after leaving as he is on the verge of hitting 40 HRs in 5 of the 7 years since he left with the 2 he didn't being 39 and 37 HRs while playing in Seattle and over 100 RBIs in 6 of the 7 years. The guy is just a monster of a hitter.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know not too many want to see this but Nelson Cruz missed about 40 games this year and yet he is hitting .299 with 39 HRs and 102 RBIs with a slg pct of .626 and OPS of 1.010. One of the things I hated the most to see happen as a Ranger fan was losing Cruz. He only got better after leaving as he is on the verge of hitting 40 HRs in 5 of the 7 years since he left with the 2 he didn't being 39 and 37 HRs while playing in Seattle and over 100 RBIs in 6 of the 7 years. The guy is just a monster of a hitter.
I sure wish we would have signed him instead of Choo. After the QO, that we knew he wouldn't sign, we really never even tried, as he rubbed some in management the wrong way. I am happy for him.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure wish we would have signed him instead of Choo. After the QO, that we knew he wouldn't sign, we really never even tried, as he rubbed some in management the wrong way. I am happy for him.

That pissed me off so much. The last year he was here, he literally carried the offense in some games. I wish we kept him. One of JDs biggest mistakes.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That pissed me off so much. The last year he was here, he literally carried the offense in some games. I wish we kept him. One of JDs biggest mistakes.

Something we all agree on

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something we all agree on
Yeah, I was really upset about losing him. The guy just destroyed Detroit in the 2011 ALCS and ticked Verlander off in the process. One of the few I have ever seen who could hit a line drive through the infield and have it roll all the way to the wall.